R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #196
Tech Apprentice

I have a question:
Is here anybody, who had a Razor from last Year, and an absolutely new Razor?
I had a Kit in Hand and the Bag with steel-parts. I had the feeling, that new pivot-balls have less weight than the pivotīs from kit last year. I was sorry, but i coulndt open the new kit-bag for checking the weight.
is here anybody, who can check this out?
Leichti
Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #197
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Greets

I just got done buying three Razor 2's (one I'm donating to the GLC for a prize) and about 1000 bucks in parts. Long story short, if I have something anyone needs, give a yell.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #198
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Edam Razor v2 was able to take 3rd place at this past weekends Southwest Championship Series race!!! with only my receiver pack holding me back from second..
Thanks to Edam for a wonderful race car!!! and to my other sponsors: Sonic Engines, Boca Bearings. Great products all the way around.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #199
Tech Regular

Great car!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-img_0058a.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #200
Tech Apprentice

What springs you use? The front looks like old blue Serpent? The original Green in the rear?
At my last Homerace, i had to use my Rain-Razor (1). And i had to drive with Rain-setup on dry track. And it was first time, that i had to use softer tyres in the rear as in front. I had to change a little my drive-style, but it was realy quick.
Leichti
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #201
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichtmetall View Post
What springs you use? The front looks like old blue Serpent? The original Green in the rear?
At my last Homerace, i had to use my Rain-Razor (1). And i had to drive with Rain-setup on dry track. And it was first time, that i had to use softer tyres in the rear as in front. I had to change a little my drive-style, but it was realy quick.
Leichti
L,
Actually the front springs are Xray dark blue and the rears are the Edam greens. However, at this last race I attended, I put on some Mugen grey rear springs because the track was very bumpy, but the car was one of the best at handling the bumps. At that last race, I also shortened the wheelbase. I am currently getting ready to cut a new top radio plate to add a bit more flex, which will equal more traction. Should be interesting.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #202
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma racer View Post
L,
...... At that last race, I also shortened the wheelbase. I am currently getting ready to cut a new top radio plate to add a bit more flex, which will equal more traction. Should be interesting.
When shorting wheelbase, you slide the lower arms in front? How do you handle the space between lower arm and anti-roll-bar-holder?
And, for a little more flex:
Let only the two front screws from radioplate on front bulkhead i, loose them a little. Put away the upper screw from servosaber an put in a ....hmmmmm (translating) headless screw and loose a little the 2 screws from the rear radioplate-holder. the holes are a little longer than 3mm. This will give the chasis more flex But beware of crashes ....
Leichti
Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

"set screw"
M A is doing well with the car. Continue on gentleman.
Andrew Schweitzer
Old 08-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #204
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
"set screw"
M A is doing well with the car. Continue on gentleman.
Andrew Schweitzer
Thanks Drew!

L-
The lower rears are spaced out with aluminum spacers, then thin washers to take out the minimal slop.
I'll have photos of the radio plate "manipulation" later this weekend.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #205
Tech Addict

Default Wow

Finally had a good chance to run the Razor2 up in Toledo last weekend. Managed to score a fifth place out of 10....with it locked in second gear the entire time. My screwup in setup was to blame for that, but the handling of the car was incredible. I have no doubt I would have done better had I been on top of the 2nd gear snafu (set the thing wrong, then too late to change) and I can't say enough about the handling of this thing. I'm looking very forward to the GLC, I think I'm going to do very well, indeed.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #206
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Finally had a good chance to run the Razor2 up in Toledo last weekend. Managed to score a fifth place out of 10....with it locked in second gear the entire time. My screwup in setup was to blame for that, but the handling of the car was incredible. I have no doubt I would have done better had I been on top of the 2nd gear snafu (set the thing wrong, then too late to change) and I can't say enough about the handling of this thing. I'm looking very forward to the GLC, I think I'm going to do very well, indeed.
Sounds great Hitch. Good luck. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year as my series championships are this weekend. Keep us informed on how you do.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #207
Tech Addict

Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma racer View Post
Sounds great Hitch. Good luck. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year as my series championships are this weekend. Keep us informed on how you do.
I'm pretty optimistic. I figured out the 2nd gear prob (my setup mistake) and I improved on the car in a few weak spots with parts I made myself. I'm positive I'm the equal of anyone handling wise...it's just a question of getting the engine up to 100 percent, and if I can do that, I should do ok.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #208
Tech Apprentice

For all Razor-Owner with an older Razor, i have two Pics which should be from great interest
Edam told none about it, but the one pivots are from Kit of 2011, the others are from a Kit of 2012...
LM
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-pict0138.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-pict0139.jpg  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #209
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

nice really nice

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #210
Tech Apprentice

One thing i knwo since last weekend:
The new Pivots have less weight, wil give the car more performance. BUT, the break realy fast if you have a little impact. The dont forgive Driver-Errors so easy as the older Steel pivots...
LM

Tags
edam, edam razor