R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Parts

I don't know how much parts are for mugen, but for example, a set of three belts for the Razor2 is about 12 bucks. For spare parts, I stocked up mostly on front end pieces (bulkheads, arms), I grabbed extra clutch shoes, gears, a bumper..basic stuff that I assume if I hit something (and everyone does at some point,) I'm good trackside and not waiting on parts. Not quite enough parts to build another car...lol...I just don't like not being prepared, and didn't want to take a chance on whether another cars parts might fit or not. That's not to say someone couldn't examine the two cars, determine what would interchange, and go with the Mugen part if they wanted to do so. Building the car was a snap, seemed like very good quality stuff, what I've driven of it, the car seemed to do well...I have no complaints to this point. My goal for this year is to run 4wd on a tight budget, to see if it will be competitive and not break my wallet at the same time.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #167
Tech Apprentice

What i can tell after expirience with Razor I in 2009 and RazorII in 2011 is, that the wear-out is very low. 1Season and i can use all Belt-Pinions for this year to.
I hat some very hard hits into the wall
What i was using in spare were the parts, i told. Sorry, i forgot a heavy hit: Lossing Control while RC-malfunktion, i was crashing in safety-fence, i got the perfekt target, when hit the fence-post with the right side. What i was using was lower arm, Knuckle and the upper eye of the shokabsorber. And not as by Serpent, where the upper Eyes only in a set with other parts can be buyed, you can buy these upper Eyes from Shoks as a spare-part, 4 pieces for low bucks
For the clutch, you can also use the yellow shoe from mugen, it works well.
Sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand, what i mean.
Stephan
Old 04-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #168
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a quick note.... Edam was able to qualify for the A-main at the RC Pro Nationals in Houston Tx this past weekend. I was able to work my way up to fourth before having some trouble. Edam Razor V2 is definitely a contender!!

Thanks to Edam for providing a great car!!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #169
Tech Addict

Default Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma racer View Post
Just a quick note.... Edam was able to qualify for the A-main at the RC Pro Nationals in Houston Tx this past weekend. I was able to work my way up to fourth before having some trouble. Edam Razor V2 is definitely a contender!!

Thanks to Edam for providing a great car!!
Be sure to let Edam know how you did. I can only hope to do as well. Just out of curiosity, what engine you running?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #170
Tech Regular

I am using the Sonic V21T. Awesome motor!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #171
Tech Apprentice

I use an old old Nova-Mega with 7 Ports, an Evo5 MS-Style with a MH-tuned Crankshaft. Woop, that is, what i call "powerfull" And remember, the Engine was build in 2000 or 2001....
Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #172
Tech Addict

I'm running S&H 7 port myself. Seems to have a lot of pep and I can pick these things up for about 125 new.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #173
Tech Apprentice

Please, what is a S+H Engine? Do you have a Pic? I ask, because it cant be bad to have a good, cheap engine for training. It is not realy cheap to change every 5 liters of fuel a Novarossi or Sonic Conrod....
What i want is to save the good Engines for Races and training with cheap engines. Can you help me?
Thanks
Stephan
Old 04-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Whats a good solid setup for this chassis?
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #175
Tech Addict

Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichtmetall View Post
Please, what is a S+H Engine? Do you have a Pic? I ask, because it cant be bad to have a good, cheap engine for training. It is not realy cheap to change every 5 liters of fuel a Novarossi or Sonic Conrod....
What i want is to save the good Engines for Races and training with cheap engines. Can you help me?
Thanks
Stephan
S&H...look it up as that, a number of places sell it online. I first learned about them from a buddy who got one...great idle, fantastic power, and really easy on the fuel, also nearly impossible to overheat and has great compression. I have no idea how popular they are but I think they too are just getting their foot in the door and they make a great product at a fantastic price.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #176
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
Whats a good solid setup for this chassis?
For what kind of surface and traction?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #177
Tech Addict

Wow. I ran the Razor2 some at the Toledo club race yesterday....it is a ridiculously sweet ride. Quick, turns on a dime and fast. I let a friend drive it...he wrecked it, took one hell of a hit followed by a few flips and spins and broke nothing whatsoever. Thus far, I am beyond impressed with this car.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Wow. I ran the Razor2 some at the Toledo club race yesterday....it is a ridiculously sweet ride. Quick, turns on a dime and fast. I let a friend drive it...he wrecked it, took one hell of a hit followed by a few flips and spins and broke nothing whatsoever. Thus far, I am beyond impressed with this car.
What kind of competition and how did you place?
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #179
Tech Regular

Hitch-
congrats!!!! Glad you like it.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #180
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichtmetall View Post
Thanks
Stephan
http://www.shengines.com/

SH really does make some awesome little mills. For the price they are very hard to beat. Once I get the spare cash I'll be snagging up one of their PT2010-XT on-road 21's. They sell for about $189. Another good option is the PT008 .21, it can be had for about $130.

SH makes engines for multiple manufacturers. Losi, Dynamite, LRP, XTM, and there's a few others.

Last edited by C-Trickle; 05-01-2012 at 10:33 AM.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edam, edam razor