Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Begginer to rc cars :D >

Begginer to rc cars :D

Begginer to rc cars :D

Old 12-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Begginer to rc cars :D

Hey, im new to Rc cars only had a spin with electric rc cars. I was hoping to upgrade to nitros but im not familiar with any of these engine/motor names and all that. haha so if anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated
thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

all depends on what your flavor is offroad or onroad monster truck ect
Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

yes it all depends on what you plan on doing i.e. off road or on road, then you can research engines from there. Truthfully no matter who you talk to you will hear opinions about everything. It's hard to get a clear answer, so your best bet is to go to your local track. Depending on what the guys there are running can help you decide. Having people around that will know the motor better can help you tune it and have a fun day. There is nothing more frustrating than having a bad tuned motor and not knowing how to fix it on your own. Good luck with your find.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
yes it all depends on what you plan on doing i.e. off road or on road, then you can research engines from there. Truthfully no matter who you talk to you will hear opinions about everything. It's hard to get a clear answer, so your best bet is to go to your local track. Depending on what the guys there are running can help you decide. Having people around that will know the motor better can help you tune it and have a fun day. There is nothing more frustrating than having a bad tuned motor and not knowing how to fix it on your own. Good luck with your find.
While part of me agrees with you tom2tone, the other part says how hard is it to surf the web to find the answer to any of your questions? He found this forum didn't he? if your into rc cars for a quick fun fix, that's one thing, but if your in it from a hobby stand point, then you learn via trial and error and from getting tips from other hobbiest. ie forums, hobby shops and racetrack where your hobby takes place. if your from the "now generation" then this hobby is probly not for you!

Just my 2 and a half cents...
Old 12-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Or you like high jumps or no jumps.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenstarhz
Hey, im new to Rc cars only had a spin with electric rc cars. I was hoping to upgrade to nitros but im not familiar with any of these engine/motor names and all that. haha so if anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated
thanks
Me and a few buddies of mine all run the Kyosho V-One RRR !
We have several cars ready to go if your looking to buy one from the rolling chassie to the full car ready to go just put your reciver in and its ready just let me know and I/WE can send you pictures and prices.
We race up and down the east coast at lots of the tracks from Fla to Ohio,Maryland.
If I/WE can help please let me know and we can help you.
Thanks Jeff

Blowin Smoke BBQ
404-886-8120