Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
novarossi wc 09 edition .21 >

novarossi wc 09 edition .21

novarossi wc 09 edition .21

Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default novarossi wc 09 edition .21

i just picked up the wc 09 edition does anyone know how to do the clutch with this new long crankshaft im alittle lost with it thanks...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Should be exactly the same as you would do any other Centax style clutch except you leave out the T spacer on the end.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

sorry should of put that its a 3d clutch and for a mugen mrx-4x. and to the reply, thats what i figured leave out the black spacer or t spacer and the thrust bearing sits right on the shaft along with the shims only problem is with no shims and just the thrust bearing i do not get more then a .62 gap. now i have noticed that measuring the gap becomes different if u think about it assuming u measure the gap the way i used to from the top of the black t spacer the old way to the top of the bell if u think about it with the black t spacer the shaft screw used to sit about half millimeter below the top of the spacer now im not using the spacer so your measuring right from the screw to the bell, so does this mean the numbers change and i have to figure out what this equals now or has anyone used this motor and know for sure...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Lord

Use a differet cone or if there is some space grind some material off from the back of the cone.

You can also use a 5x3mm spacer to lengthen the shaft.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The lack of the spacer shouldn't change the numbers at all. .62 is plenty of gap with a Mugen clutch, not sure about the 3D though. Like Roelof said, you can get little spacers to go between the shaft and the bolt if you need more gap. I know Associated sells them but I'm sure someone else does as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

i feel like a real ass lol but i found the problem i was in such a rush when i got the motor yesterday just to see how the new clutch is set up i put the flywheel on and the nut and just hand tightened it lol sorry fellows sometimes u mess up so now i tighten the nut and i get more gap thanks for the help...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
i feel like a real ass lol but i found the problem i was in such a rush when i got the motor yesterday just to see how the new clutch is set up i put the flywheel on and the nut and just hand tightened it lol sorry fellows sometimes u mess up so now i tighten the nut and i get more gap thanks for the help...
Hey Ralphie, Richie has a ready to run XR80 for you. So you don't have to worry about the clutch. It's set up off-road buggy style. LOl.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
Hey Ralphie, Richie has a ready to run XR80 for you. So you don't have to worry about the clutch. It's set up off-road buggy style. LOl.

YO WALO, YOU AINT GOT NOTHING FOR MY BOY RALPHIE. JUST PULL OUT THE WAY WHEN HE'S GOING DOWN THE BACK STRETCH...LOL.. YO , BY THE WAY ARE YOU STILL SELLING THAT XR80 THAT YOU RAN AT THE RGIONALS?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by upncoming
YO WALO, YOU AINT GOT NOTHING FOR MY BOY RALPHIE. JUST PULL OUT THE WAY WHEN HE'S GOING DOWN THE BACK STRETCH...LOL.. YO , BY THE WAY ARE YOU STILL SELLING THAT XR80 THAT YOU RAN AT THE RGIONALS?
Hello Mr.Upncoming, how are you? Congradulations on last season. You won ALL the CLUB races at your local track. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

man i didnt log on for a few days damm walo u coming at me like that!!! for all those times i helphed u in pratice when u were having a clutch problem u said thats y u bounced off every board in floyd!!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
Hello Mr.Upncoming, how are you? Congradulations on last season. You won ALL the CLUB races at your local track. Keep up the good work.
Walooooooooooooo, wassup kid! Thanks for the shout outs. Nice run at the regionals for you though. What car you running next year?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
man i didnt log on for a few days damm walo u coming at me like that!!! for all those times i helphed u in pratice when u were having a clutch problem u said thats y u bounced off every board in floyd!!
Ralphie you're the man all day. The truth of the matter is you're right, but you know me. I love having fun. The ipooh application for clutch set up is ready for down load when you're ready.lol
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by upncoming
Walooooooooooooo, wassup kid! Thanks for the shout outs. Nice run at the regionals for you though. What car you running next year?
PARKING LOT PIMPING, could it be one and done. 2010 season up for grabs at the LOT or do I hear repeat. Lol.