Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Do you have Hot Wheels too?
Todd,

Hot Wheels?

Is this you?
#35. Todd Marshall GT1 Open USA

You do realize that only paid racer entries are secured spots on the starting grid, yes?

If you do attend our event, you'll be able to check out Ipanema products first hand. Maybe then you'll see what we're all about, OK

Good Luck!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
This class is more about getting r/c racing more parking lot/club exposure to lure more people into and back into the hobby. Some of us older guys can identify with the VTA bodies but the kids can identify more with the GT bodies since there generation has/is growing up with these styles. To me, it is great that nitro is being included along side the electric RCGT class. Why should the electric guys have all the fun?
+1
Old 12-22-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Don't be a "hater" Jim, leave it up to the tracks, race directors & racers to decide. lol

Until I came on this thread you didn't know that Ipanema had 24mm, 26mm & 30mm wide pure Brazilian rubber racing slicks for 200mm cars did you?

Well, now you and everyone that reads this thread knows that there is another great option available from Ipanema and we're willing to help this form of R/C nitro racing grow.
Just messin' with ya!

But you're right I didn't know about the 200mm tire sizes. I know everyone who runs them in the 1/8 GT cars raves about them.

Nitro TC has moved away from rubber tires. If a new nitro rubber tire class will bring new people into the hobby, then I'm all for it!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Jim,

Running 200mm nitro cars in hi-visability "temporary parking lot" tracks on rubber tires would help our sport grow in a "grass roots" effort since track "prep" is not such a big deal. "Takin it to the streets" is the best way to show the "general public" what we do.

I also see a future where 200mm GT & 1/8 GT cars can run at the same "All Rubber Tire" events. If we had more time they could have been included in our Ipanema GT World Championships race at Homestead too.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm still new to the RCGT scene an I race electric. you guys think the nitros should run seperate classes for the small and big block engines like they do with the 13.5 and 17.5 brushless motors on the electric side?? itd only seem fair but then again driver skills always play a key role
Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MostWanted4TEC
I'm still new to the RCGT scene an I race electric. you guys think the nitros should run seperate classes for the small and big block engines like they do with the 13.5 and 17.5 brushless motors on the electric side?? itd only seem fair but then again driver skills always play a key role

Most .12 comp engines are faster than the bigblocks in the market. I don't think it will matter.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Just messin' with ya!

But you're right I didn't know about the 200mm tire sizes. I know everyone who runs them in the 1/8 GT cars raves about them.

Nitro TC has moved away from rubber tires. If a new nitro rubber tire class will bring new people into the hobby, then I'm all for it!
With the power of the new generation .12 engines nowadays, the rubber tires will never hook up, newbies will get dissapointed and will end up quitting, it does not matter which brand rubber tires, just my opinion.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Since I could'nt find a thread dedicated "NITRO RCGT ONLY" I thought I'd create one.

QUESTION: WHAT IS "NITRO RCGT ONLY" ?

ANSWER: A THREAD THAT DEALS WITH 1/10 NITRO TOURING CARS USING
REALISTIC 200MM BODIES,WHEELS AND HPI XPATTERN RUBBER TIRES

The rules I've seen used around the country have been pretty much the same.

Any 200mm 4wd Nitro Touring Chassis
Any Realistic 200mm Body
Any realistic Wheels with HPI XPATTERN TIRES
(No Dish Wheels)

LETS CHAT!

Marshall, Call me!!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
With the power of the new generation .12 engines nowadays, the rubber tires will never hook up, newbies will get dissapointed and will end up quitting, it does not matter which brand rubber tires, just my opinion.
Sam,

Your opinion might be based on what you've sold in the past or your current store inventory.

If you're willing to explore new products & technologies, you may find that science can find solutions that work much better than you might think possible.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Sam,

Your opinion might be based on what you've sold in the past or your current store inventory.

If you're willing to explore new products & technologies, you may find that science can find solutions that work much better than you might think possible.
Not picking sides here but Jeff the comment your making to Sam is BS
Sam is not only a hobby shop owner but an avid pro pitman in racing his son is an avid pro racer as well. So his comment is based on results not what he sells in his shop.
Sam is correct with the power coming out of the .12 engines it will be a very hard find to get rubber tires to hook up especially when track temps changes it will be a consistent trial & error on having the right compound unless your going to have tire warmers to heat them up & besides. IMO rubber tires are perfect for electric touring in touring modified we used to blow the tires off the rim so imagines what's going to happen in Nitro just my opion & you don't have to call me Jeff on your yours
Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Sam is not only a hobby shop owner but an avid pro pitman in racing his son is an avid pro racer as well. So his comment is based on results not what he sells in his shop.
Sam is correct with the power coming out of the .12 engines it will be a very hard find to get rubber tires to hook up especially when track temps changes it will be a consistent trial & error on having the right compound unless your going to have tire warmers to heat them up & besides. IMO rubber tires are perfect for electric touring in touring modified we used to blow the tires off the rim so imagines what's going to happen in Nitro just my opion & you don't have to call me Jeff on your yours
No sir, Jeff's comment is not BS. I have run many brands of rubber tires on nitro cars since 2001. Yes, this includes engines from the OS 12cv (red head)to the Max Power 12MF S3. It is only hard when you want it to be. I have tried rubber tires from Prolines to BSR capped to HPI to Take Off/RP tires. Most club tracks are not going to be the size of the tracks at 301, Kissimmee, Homestead, etc. so you are not going to be running them at max power for 300+ feet on a straightaway. Again, many of you are failing to realize that this is for mainly club track racing where groomed surfaces may be low as far as being blown off and traction compounds are sprayed (will probably be a bit dusty). Your thoughts are concentrated only on our form of racing (big track with big HP with foam tires) and not for the little tracks which we graduated. Don't knock it until you try it. I am willing to give it a shot with an open mind, are you?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think pitching your products are good idea, I for one did not know you had 1/10 scale tires. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I am curious GM have your run Jeffs tires on a car with .12 motor?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

George,

With all due respect, if mankind didn’t attempt to think outside the box, innovations would never become reality and solutions to problems would never come to fruition.

Most people who know anything about “marketing” agree, the best way to increase the demand for anything, is to expose it to a “mass-audience” and to educate this “target-audience” in the hopes that they will develop an interest for a given product or service.

Unfortunately, in order to accomplish this type of “mass-audience exposure” for R/C racing, many racing events might need to be held on less than perfect asphalt surface environments in order to stimulate growth through education.

Since this thread is focused on a possible new or a resurgence of 200mm nitro GT rubber tire car racing, its primary intent is to help stimulate its growth by attempting to find solutions to any problems that could hinder the success & future of this class.

Starting 2010, Ipanema will take an active interest in 200mm Nitro GT Racing.

This is a logical progression and a welcome addition to the more established 1/8 GT race programs we are involved with. Both scales of GT cars will complement each other at rubber tire only events.

As stated earlier on this thread, any tracks, hobby shops or R/C clubs interested in working with Ipanema Sports is more than welcome to join our team.

www.ipanemasports.com
Old 12-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert R
I am curious GM have your run Jeffs tires on a car with .12 motor?
Robert,

Our 24mm & 26mm slicks have been available in very small supply in North America due to our focus on the 1/8 scale GT tire market, but that'll be changing in a few days.

The introduction of our 30mm slicks are starting right now too.

We expect this new product line to provide the same levels of performance and excellence as their bigger GT brothers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.