R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/34522-can-i-put-off-road-tires-my-onroad-car-raise-up.html)

Smoke21 02-26-2004 09:56 PM

Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up?

I am in for new tires rims so could I get some offroad size wheels/tires for onroad use? I want to Put the car up higher what do you think?

drfritz 02-26-2004 10:51 PM

Re: Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up?

Originally posted by Smoke21
I am in for new tires rims so could I get some offroad size wheels/tires for onroad use? I want to Put the car up higher what do you think?
Kind of blows the thing about having a onroad, but I'll help you any ways.
go with some hpi super 10 rims and tires, it's going to look funky but they should fit if thats is what you are looking for.
Or if you are just looking for some more ground clearence, then just raise you ride hieght on the car. if off roading the car then rims and tires is your best bet, if you are looking for off road rubber you going to have to make your own tires. for that, it is easer to show you that it is to try and tell you how it is done. if you have any off road tracks in your area try to find one of the fast drivers to show you how it is done, most of them play around with cutting tires up for different track conditions. good luck with your mod.

FW-05S Racer 02-26-2004 10:58 PM

Hmmmm... Not the best idea:p
But you should try it out in practise.

Smoke21 02-27-2004 03:29 PM

I am looking to raise the ride hight, but the shock spacers only go so high, so I figured I could use some tires/rims to raise it, plus If I went into the grass I could get out w/o running over to it. I won't accually drive off road and jump and the such, I just want to have the car higher and just for bashing,

20 SMOKE 02-27-2004 04:55 PM

they make tires for a rally kit for a tc3 and hpi has a rally car you just have to look for them

Smoke21 02-27-2004 05:33 PM

I am talking about putting buggy/stadium truck tires/wheels Not Rally tires/wheels

20 SMOKE 02-27-2004 06:01 PM

Yeah I know the rally weels might be same size to put tires on wheels or find some one that has a buggy or truck and try those.

mtx3racer 02-28-2004 04:23 AM

if you want it really high you can put hpi MT tires/wheels on it. The only thing you have to do is take the bumper off. Just make sure you don't hit any curbs head on:D

Marcos.J 02-28-2004 07:06 AM

Re: Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up?

WHY??

Smoke21 02-28-2004 10:12 AM

Re: Re: Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up?

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
WHY??

Well near me the concrete is really rough so I need a High grond clearance and when I put the highest ride hight spacers it and they were too stiff

Marcos.J 02-28-2004 10:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up?

Well near me the concrete is really rough so I need a High grond clearance and when I put the highest ride hight spacers it and they were too stiff
okay;)

corvettecrazy 03-02-2004 03:00 PM

I would say go with some tires/wheels like the supernitro has. A kid up the street did that to his. A LOT more ground clearance and pretty good handling according to him.

Ah10 03-02-2004 03:27 PM

Originally posted by mtx3racer
if you want it really high you can put hpi MT tires/wheels on it. The only thing you have to do is take the bumper off. Just make sure you don't hit any curbs head on:D
dont forget gearing, use the lowest possible available! with big tires you need some lower gearing!

R1ceboy 03-02-2004 03:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Can I put off road tires on my onroad car to raise it up?

Hmmm... Where do u run. Im from daly city so i mite noe;)

Smoke21 03-03-2004 06:22 PM

I run it pacifica and I just bash... for now. I wanna race colma but my car has so many issues I want it to work well before I race there.