Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Conversions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Conversions?

Is it possible to convert a V one S to a V one R or V one RR or even to a V one RR evo? also with the FW-05R is that the pro version of another new kyosho model FW - 05S (notice the "S") or is this FW-05S the newer and better model ? my next nitro car will diffentelly be a kyosho but just choosing between V one S (if i can convert it later down the track) or V one RR evo or FW-05R or FW-05S
All comments appreicated guys!
Cheers
James
Old 02-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

S = Sport ( entry level)
R = Racer

hope this helps

CE!
Old 02-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Thank you that clears up one bit :P just 2 bits left to go!
one is can the V one S be converted to a V one R or RR or RR evo
also if R= Racing what is RR? :P
Old 02-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

The V-One S and V-One R are different cars, though they share quite a few parts.
The "RR" stands for Racing Racing, of course.
Maybe it was a bad day at Kyosho.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

So long story short yes it could be converted but for the price u may aswell go the whole hog and buy the Evo or 05R straight off.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

RR= racing racing = lol!
and thanks dextor! yea i know it will end up costing alot more to upgrade to the hop ups etc... but i think the FW-05R only has a single speed trans in it! and its cheaper than the RR evo meaning it doesnt have alloy parts in it i think i have no idea! but yea its just theres a few 2nd hand goodies for the V one S around thats all so just wanted to do my homework :P but yea i think ill just stick with saving up and researching on the RR evo and the FW-05R and building the car from the chassis and up! cant wait till i get my TGX back from the hobbies so much research yet i havent really driven the car! lol thanks for ya input guys! but keep them coming if there are any more! :P
Old 02-13-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Also may i know what the difference with V one RR and V one RR evos plz!! about to buy a V one RR maybe!!
Or if your really keen can you tell me what the difference with the 3 models below
V one R
V one RR
V one RR evo
Thanks guys!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BrainTeased
Also may i know what the difference with V one RR and V one RR evos plz!! about to buy a V one RR maybe!!
Or if your really keen can you tell me what the difference with the 3 models below
V one R
V one RR
V one RR evo
Thanks guys!
V1RR Evo is the latest design of all V1 series. It has a lay down steering servo for use of belcrank system sort of ala MTX3 or 710 . I have both RR and Evo version, Evo is a better handling car.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

hi thanks for that so is it possible if i was to have a V one RR could i later convert it to a RR evo? as theres a cheap RR 2nd hand deal i wanna grab my hands on.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

I just converted my RR to Evo but if you dont have the RR then go for the Evo straight away as it will be cheaper than buying the RR and converting it.

I have seen both the Evo and the FW-05 on the track and say that the FW-05 is a better small track car where the evo would beat it on a larger track

The Evo conversion has the laydown servo and 4mm longer front wishbones for better front suspension geometry

Cheers
Old 02-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

RR= racing racing = lol!
and thanks dextor! yea i know it will end up costing alot more to upgrade to the hop ups etc... but i think the FW-05R only has a single speed trans in it! and its cheaper than the RR evo meaning it doesnt have alloy parts in it i think i have no idea! but yea its just theres a few 2nd hand goodies for the V one S around thats all so just wanted to do my homework :P but yea i think ill just stick with saving up and researching on the RR evo and the FW-05R and building the car from the chassis and up! cant wait till i get my TGX back from the hobbies so much research yet i havent really driven the car! lol thanks for ya input guys! but keep them coming if there are any more! :P
The FW-05R comes with a 2 speed. According to RCCA magazine it is faster out of the box than the V1RR Evo.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

thanks guys! that helps alot with my decision makings etc.. so does the FW - 05R have all the improvements of what RR evo had on the RR?
EG. "The Evo conversion has the laydown servo and 4mm longer front wishbones for better front suspension geometry"
Does anyone know any sites that has a comparison chart or article for the Kyosho models of RR evo and FW-05R ?
Cheers guys.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

thanks guys! that helps alot with my decision makings etc.. so does the FW - 05R have all the improvements of what RR evo had on the RR?
EG. "The Evo conversion has the laydown servo and 4mm longer front wishbones for better front suspension geometry"
Does anyone know any sites that has a comparison chart or article for the Kyosho models of RR evo and FW-05R ?
Cheers guys.
The FW-05R has the lay down servo and actually longer front arms than the RR Evo I think. There was a comparison article in RCCA a couple of month ago. You should also read the FW-05R thread in RC Tech.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

sorry what site is the rcca? and i'll go have a good read of that FW-05R thread i think i've read it but i guess only briefly thanks though
Cheers
Old 02-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

sorry what site is the rcca? and i'll go have a good read of that FW-05R thread i think i've read it but i guess only briefly thanks though
Cheers
RCCA is Radio Control Car Action. It's a magazine. I don't know if they post the stories on their site but here it is:

http://www.rccaraction.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.