Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Formula One

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow Nitro Formula One

Does any company make like 1/10 or 1/8 scale formula one cars?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
offroad racer
Old 11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 Nitro Car

I know SERPENT offered a 2wd F1 car not that long ago , but believe it has been discontinued , I guess sales were not that good.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by offroad racer
Does any company make like 1/10 or 1/8 scale formula one cars?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
offroad racer
If your looking for a Nitro 1/8th Formula 1 car, Serpent used to have one called the F180, but has been discontinued. It 1st appeared 3 or 4 years ago. I believe, because there was no other manufacturer that made one to compete with it, Serpent decided to discontinue it. Check it out on Serpents web site: serpent.com. It was pretty cool looking.
Nobody that I am aware of produces a 1/10th nitro F1 car though. There are plenty of 1/10th electric cars out there though. Companys like, Tamiya, HPI, Corally and Cross, are the most popular manufacturers that produce them.
Hope this helps you out.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default 1/5 scale

What about 1/5 scale nitro formula one?

Links please
Old 11-02-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by offroad racer
What about 1/5 scale nitro formula one?

Links please
http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/se...on-layout.html

... you mean sometthing like thit? But it's not nitro it uses gasoline/oil fuel like your mowing machine.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No only was the Serpent F180 discountinued due to lack of a competitor and an organized class to run it in, the street price of the car did not help. The kit with engine cost a couple of clicks of $1,000.00. I had a friend buy and build one and the car looked awsome, but I could not justify paying that much for a kit for a class that would not be (his wife flipped her wig when she found out how much he spent on it and stayed in her doghouse for a while over that one!).
Old 11-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geberit
http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/se...on-layout.html

... you mean sometthing like thit? But it's not nitro it uses gasoline/oil fuel like your mowing machine.
How much does that thing cost
Old 11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ofna and Thunder Tiger each had a nitro 2WD pan car type F1 car.

The Thunder Tiger is still produced and I sold it this summer. Its called the Formula Uno.

I also still have my brand new Kyosho Formula F-Ten sitting on my shelf. Its 4WD and the body shell is realistic to the late 90's era F1 cars.

Kyosho had an early 90's 2WD nitro F1 car too that was very realistic. You'll see them on eBay once in a while fetching up a lot of money.

Then released in Europe, Kyosho produced some parts for DeAgostini to make extremely detailed nitro F1 rc cars like the Ferrari F2004, F2007, etc.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks DAN

Now im getting somewhere
Old 11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

offroad racer,

I don't know (or personally haven't heard) of the OFNA one, but the Thunder Tiger one is a 1/10th scale and a piece of junk. We had one hobby store in Dallas bring in two, sold one, had the customer bring it back for exchange because it was a piece, and still has the other one (now for just over a year). The Kyosho one is a dated kit that was very good quality (before the Serpent F180 was released. However, like Dan said, it was discontinued in the 90s and I do know of a couple of people in the Dallas area that have them NIB (one still haven't broken the seals on the box).

Last edited by JLock; 11-02-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

sadly outta fashion since the beginning of reaganomics...

R
Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

I owned one of the Serpent's F180 and sold a couple through our retail outlet. These were excellent kits and made beautifully. The whole concept of shipping the kit with a roller bag, key chain, fuel bottle and more was great.

The car looked great with front and rear brakes, rubber tires, and shock position that made it look like the real car. It was a magnificient piece of work. Yes pricey, but beautiful. Many people wrote on RC tech about what a great view it would be to see 10 of the cars running on an on road track. In Europe they tried running it as a class and it seem to start out very well. However as mention by others above no other manufacturer followed it one of their own. Most RC manufacturers don't like to be second unless they producing me-too off road vehicles.

The car had speed only being about a second slower than an 1/8th on road at Serpent's Netherland test track. That's not bad.

I only bring this up in case you spot one for sale someplace it would be a fun investment if you are looking for something to play with. They are really cool vehicles. I love F-1 and wished this car would have started something new in the RC world.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pics of my Kyosho Ferrari 643 1991 Shelf queen never started
Attached Thumbnails Nitro Formula One-pb030232-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg   Nitro Formula One-pb030237-%5B1280x768%5D.jpg  
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JLock
offroad racer,

I don't know (or personally haven't heard) of the OFNA one, but the Thunder Tiger one is a 1/10th scale and a piece of junk. We had one hobby store in Dallas bring in two, sold one, had the customer bring it back for exchange because it was a piece, and still has the other one (now for just over a year). The Kyosho one is a dated kit that was very good quality (before the Serpent F180 was released. However, like Dan said, it was discontinued in the 90s and I do know of a couple of people in the Dallas area that have them NIB (one still haven't broken the seals on the box).
+1

I noticed in the picture that it is junk
Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Smile SERPENT F180

I personally have been looking for one for a LONG LONG time.

Random video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HJbq6x2Ik&feature=fvw

Misc pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.