Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the better 1/10 scale 4Wd

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Which is the better 1/10 scale 4Wd

Hi all...I've been into RC for about 14 years now, and am just coming back into it after a 3+ year Hiatus. I've run everything from 1/4 scale to 1/12 scale, and am now looking at diving into 4WD Nitro TC's...Here's your chance to hop up on a soapbox and tell me which car is better and why...local racing only, one track is short and tight, with Medium Traction at best, the other is a large Parking lot. I know about Serpents quality, and they're quiter plentiful...what about the OB4's, ReflexNt's, etc...

Thanks!!

Ron
Old 03-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Serpent Impulse Pro: Very good car and is extremely competitive.
Mugen MTX-2: Very good high quality fast car.
Relfex Nt: Basically a hopped up V1R.
V1R: Very good high quality tunable car.
OB-4: Very good car(version 2 with serpent style belt)

Overall it all points to what type of driver you are. I prefer the Serpent Impulse Pro but thats my opinion.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

how about the yokomo?
I was about to ask this same question myself since I just got out of 4wd Impact class.

Does the Centax Clutch make a really big difference? Like should it determine on whether or not to get a a particular car. Also what cars come witht he centax xlutch?
Old 03-01-2002, 06:13 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Centax makes a big difference...if you like a lot of punch you can have a lot of punch...if you like a soft pick up you can have that too...all at the twist of a nut or adding of a shim....no need to cut up the shoes, change the springs etc.....

You can simply buy the centax option...but the current cars which come with centax are the VoneRR and MTX pro spec.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Which is the better 1/10 scale 4Wd

if you have been racing for so long i'd recommend jumping straight to the best. either a v1r or the ntc3. (i only heard the ntc3 is good though. will see it for the first time this weekend)

if you were a newbie or had limited experience i'd recommend the NEo t21 over the ob4. much better diff design, and it comes with a centax, plus a whole heap of other good stuff. the NEO served me well whilst i was progressing from midlevel experience to now.

same layout as the mugen only you must use humpback and the motor is a few mm's further out.