Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody use Gas Coolers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Anybody use Gas Coolers?

Dear All,

I see some people use the gas cooler between the exhaust return to the fuel tank. What is it for?

I was told if I just loop the return around to make it longer will get the same effect. Is it true?

Cheers.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bboy
Dear All,

I see some people use the gas cooler between the exhaust return to the fuel tank. What is it for?

I was told if I just loop the return around to make it longer will get the same effect. Is it true?

Cheers.
To my understanding the gas cooler will do just that. It cools the exhaust fumes going back into your tank there for cooling your fuel so then it wont burn as quick/hot or evaporate so then you get longer run time. A lot of people using modified motors struggle to get 5min run time. Or something along those lines.

Extending your presure line will only create more volume so there for you would increase the pressure back into your tank. If you increased the length of your fuel line into your motor then you would get more runtime but it probably wouldn't be a noticable amount. I might be wrong but that's how i understand it
Old 10-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by freestyles
To my understanding the gas cooler will do just that. It cools the exhaust fumes going back into your tank there for cooling your fuel so then it wont burn as quick/hot or evaporate so then you get longer run time. A lot of people using modified motors struggle to get 5min run time. Or something along those lines.

Extending your presure line will only create more volume so there for you would increase the pressure back into your tank. If you increased the length of your fuel line into your motor then you would get more runtime but it probably wouldn't be a noticable amount. I might be wrong but that's how i understand it
From what i have heard you can gain alot of runtime. i don't run one and i run murnan mod motors i make five minutea easily
Old 10-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bboy
Dear All,

Cheers.
I use one team titan with my nova 353 09 and run time is definately increased.
well worth it when running on long tracks.
cheers
Old 11-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

The cooling effect of the coolers for in helping longer run times is correct. Fuel tube length including the cooler length should still be approx 9 to 11 inches. Not the most high tech answer for the length but judging from most engine builders this seems to be the average length. I could be wrong here but I also thought over the years that the length helped in delivering a more constant pressure to the fuel tank than shorter lengths. So that's all the wives tales I know about this topic....lol!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCAKid
From what i have heard you can gain alot of runtime. i don't run one and i run murnan mod motors i make five minutea easily
At the recent australian nats some people had to do two pit stops in a ten min heat all running mod motors, not sure who did the mods though