Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
better than a trip in the microwave. that really takes out dents?. will the team cars run this sunday? don't want too run alone
..........yes Joe....it does.....i've done it..........ice has great pressure......ever hear of the grand canyon???
Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

are those for sale?
..your Joking right JOE???.......they're for sale if we can find one-back-pour.then find someone to form them.........
Old 09-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Home Brew

Originally Posted by Taylorm
......what are "home brew" rules???................we need simple concise rules for the class............nothing more
Matt, Have you forgotten the discussions we had about building our own cars or modifing old pan cars? That's what you were talking about when we met. I hope any rules we can come up with allow home-made cars that meet the rules, of course if they are too fast we can always smash 'em with a BFH and tell the guy to try something else;-)

Check out the e-mail I sent you and let me know what you think!

Ned
Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I agree. Making a list of every motor under 250 dollar would be a huge list I'm guessing. Even a 3 port non-turbo plug list would be pretty big. As a local club I think we can police our own. Heck look how we all check over everone's cars now. I really don't think this is going to become a class where we need a tech guy. No one is in this class too push the rules and win by having the best car. Its a fun class and nothing more.

My latest rule submission.

Chassis : Any 1/8 scale pan chassis with no shocks nitro powered car.
No suspension cars with locked out shocks af any type. All suspension arms muct be fixed to the chassis with no axis of movement.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 3 port non-turbo engine.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.) Engines bought on clearance price or sales should not be used if normaly priced over $250.00

Points will be awarded just like they are awarded in the midwest series. 20 for Qual. 80 for the main.
Pan car class. for pan cars

Please list your name. Please Vote if you have raced a pan car@ Toledo this year or are serious about racing them next season@ Toledo

seeing how we had roughly 6-8 maybe more racers as soon as we have the majority agreeing on a rules set these will be considered the rules.

I vote for these rules All in favor?

1. Vector (Jeff Zuccarell)

All not in favor. Please list what rule you dislike. we can see what the problem is

Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Matt, Have you forgotten the discussions we had about building our own cars or modifing old pan cars? That's what you were talking about when we met. I hope any rules we can come up with allow home-made cars that meet the rules, of course if they are too fast we can always smash 'em with a BFH and tell the guy to try something else;-)

Check out the e-mail I sent you and let me know what you think!

Ned
.......Ned, oh those home brew rules......i think we will have a hard time building cars that will compete with the modern Motonicas......but i'd like to build my own and try..........
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

we all have i trust the motor that comes with the kit
I ran the kit motor with a novarossi 2015 pipe since the pan car pipe was very crushed. Jeff and I both thought really hard about running hotter motors but thought better of it. We didn't want the rath of the pan guys to come crashing down on us. Brent G is also thinking about getting a pan car now. I told him he could try running mine this weekend to see if he liked it.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I will keep checking back to see the final rules, then decide.

Last edited by ElliotCanada; 09-13-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: I'll wait
Old 09-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Pan Rules

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra

Please list your name. Please Vote if you have raced a pan car@ Toledo this year or are serious about racing them next season@ Toledo

seeing how we had roughly 6-8 maybe more racers as soon as we have the majority agreeing on a rules set these will be considered the rules.

All not in favor. Please list what rule you dislike. we can see what the problem is

Jeff-IMHO there are too many holes/problems in these rules to even consider them for a vote. That is why I have been trying to write up a more complete set before trying to get a consensus... Appearently you are too impatient to allow the time for me to do this. I'll attach what I so far, use it or ignore as you please. I'll stay out of from now on. After all, I'm a second class, southern club member :-)

No poblems here, just was trying to help.......

Ned
Attached Files
File Type: doc
PAN RULES.doc (18.5 KB, 123 views)
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Real CAN/AM Car!

SCHKEE-MRP made these in 1/8th and 1/12th if I remimber correctlly!
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-796.jpg  
Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada

2. John Elliot
3. joe patrick

only change is i would like too maybe use a vintage can am body ssome times
Old 09-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

..your Joking right JOE???.......they're for sale if we can find one-back-pour.then find someone to form them.........
talked too my mould buddy today told him average body price of 35$ he said not worth trying ourselves.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

talked too my mould buddy today told him average body price of 35$ he said not worth trying ourselves.
......dont care if i made a dime profit on molding any body..just want to do it because we need cool looking cars
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

I say we stick with a flat out $250.00 for the motor (ok to run turbo or non-turbo plugs) and dont limit to just 3 ports.........It seems to me these days that only the real cheap motors have 3 port configurations anymore......do the GT cars ( buggy cars) run 3 port motors?...how many of them have we seen blown up??.more than a few..........a flat 250.00 limit gives the potential newbie ( if there will be any) TONS of choices......i'm not calling for this rule to benefit me....i have a cheap OS VG in my car thats like a 150.00 motor?.and think it will be more than enough once i find that elusive 11T clutch bell......
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I say we stick with a flat out $250.00 for the motor (ok to run turbo or non-turbo plugs) and dont limit to just 3 ports.........It seems to me these days that only the real cheap motors have 3 port configurations anymore......do the GT cars ( buggy cars) run 3 port motors?...how many of them have we seen blown up??.more than a few..........a flat 250.00 limit gives the potential newbie ( if there will be any) TONS of choices......i'm not calling for this rule to benefit me....i have a cheap OS VG in my car thats like a 150.00 motor?.and think it will be more than enough once i find that elusive 11T clutch bell......
Does not matter to me.

that works for myself

vintage can am body ssome times..... I think you can if its a old pan car you have to ask Das what the idea on rules for bodies on old pan cars.

I try to be a a rule helper, not a rule maker, Das is a good rule maker.

I myself do not do it because I am the first one to find loop holes, so i just work with Das on what sounds like it will make the race's and sport work well
Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

......dont care if i made a dime profit on molding any body..just want to do it because we need cool looking cars
he told me most molds of this type are cast most likely aluminum with the suction pipes cast in place. so when the 3d shape is cut you just clean out the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.