Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Vintage 1/8 Associated bodies.......
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...d18bodies2.jpg

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ed18bodies.jpg

...I want the Datsun BAD................
Old 09-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I would toss out making a list at the first of the year with engines that are under the $250 purchase price at the larger mail order places. Then update it after 6 months, taking off what is no longer available and adding anything new. Work with a set number of ports Max at 5 but also allow 3 ports if under the amount.

OR

Just spec a single 3 port motor that is inexpensive and everyone run that.
The Fusion X3 looks like a good option. $135 from Murnan in stock form. (not a plug just an option)

Now to find that Corvette body and dust off the old car box................
That's probably where we are heading, but it is always understood you can use fewer ports, isn't it? Likely it will be 3 ports MAX/ NON Turbo Plugs/$250 to $300 MAX street price.......

The Spec engine idea sounds good unt;il you realise that there are already 4 or 5 guys with nearly new motors that couldn't be used. Also RC motors have a habit of being available one day and not the next. Beter to at least have a selection.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Think you guys may have missed the point here - if memory serves correctly P2Gee may be referencing the era when guys were locking up the shocks on suspension cars and calling them pan cars - need to prevent that.
Noted!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..Is anyone going to volunteer to call Parma to see if any old 1/8 molds are avaiable to pop some new bodies out?..i like this idea better than shipping all our money to Italy.........
Matt,
I'm on it! I'll have a couple of other ideas/connections to check out too! I'll keep y'all informed.........

By the way had knee problem while getting ready to drive up this morning, Hurts too much to make the drive (weird, but sitting in a car is the most painful thing for me...) (At least you guys will have good weather now ;-))

I've talked to Lon Sr. about it and with the latest posts all getting the rules ideas really close, I'll spend some time and write up what seems to be the consensus of rules while you guys play!!

Have fun and see ya next spring....

Ned
Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Dasmopar had a pretty clear and simple set of rules. I am sure the “Rules” will end up very close to what he had posted.
It is also good to have a clear cut simple set of rules; racers like to know what can and cannot be done.
Everyone wants to have some fun with this class; Fun for most of us is getting to race, getting to learn about a new class, getting more wheel time, and even having some close races.
To keep the racing close Rules are part of the game.
And don’t think of the rules as a huge complex thing, what we, or what I would like some basic rules for is to keep the class as it basically is now.
We at some point need to finalize some simple rules package for this year not only for us but for the Midwest series as it entirely possible that we will have a few of these cars to race with at those events.
It would help everyone to try to agree on as much as we can (not everyone will be happy) but we can do our best, for our club and for the Midwest sires for those that are interested.

Does anyone have a problem with the package of rules Dasmopar posted. I cannot really point out anything that needs addressed.
Are we set on GT bodies, cars with roof lines, something like the bodies we are currently running?
After reading most of the posts it seems like most everyone wants the same thing.
I agree with ya Zuke! Not sure what you mean by "GT bodies, cars with roof lines, something like the bodies we are currently running?"? The only GT body currently being run is the Motonica GT (What are "roof lines"?) The rules will definitely allow other "GT" bodies, referred to sometimes as "Vintage".

As far as I know the Moto GT is the only "modern" Gt body available, you know of others? I don't think we want to have another "one" body class like 4wd. I realize there are technically a few different bodies in any open race but from 10 feet away you can't tell them apart.....

Since I'm gonna miss the race this weekend, knee gave out, have fun!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Four pan cars showed up for the Midwest Series Race this weekend in Toledo. Two cars finished the A-Main with Joe P. taking the win in the last corner
Old 09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MidnightflyerI
Four pan cars showed up for the Midwest Series Race this weekend in Toledo. Two cars finished the A-Main with Joe P. taking the win in the last corner
Welcome to the forums Dave?

My belt came off at the very start of the main. Very odd.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MidnightflyerI
.........finally a win for Canuck Joe!!!!!!!......wish i coulda made it.........mom needs time away from the kids too..........
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

.........finally a win for Canuck Joe!!!!!!!......wish i coulda made it.........mom needs time away from the kids too..........
i think jeff was being very merciful on me but in the end we caused some intrest in the cars which was our main goal. several people had there own "home brew" ideas was not sure what too say regarding rules but ned seems too have that taken care of. however ted (not hammer) needs too learn about canada, yes french ladies do practice personal hygenie, do not judge by the stories or rumors you hear. we are the longest and friendliest border in the world. at one time the mold making capital of the world. in my shop we cut the body side dies for the cobalt when it came out , also when the mustang changed shape years ago we did the front fenders. guess i'm saying we don't live in a trailer park boys episode. i just wish we could race here as well everyone seems too want too sink more money in a tamiya mini than i have in the montonca.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

I see after 4 rounds of Qualifying that the 8th Pan TQ (Jeff) was 14 @ 5.13 and the GT 4WD Rubber 8th was 14 @ 5.21. What motor did Jeff run?

Results are up on J Lap under the Toledo Club.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I see after 4 rounds of Qualifying that the 8th Pan TQ (Jeff) was 14 @ 5.13 and the GT 4WD Rubber 8th was 14 @ 5.21. What motor did Jeff run?

Results are up on J Lap under the Toledo Club.
we all have i trust the motor that comes with the kit
Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Kit motor with a Picco 2033 Pipe and header, it was a Pipe i had wrote off after a quick trip the the freezer it was Pan car ready.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Kit motor with a Picco 2033 Pipe and header, it was a Pipe i had wrote off after a quick trip the the freezer it was Pan car ready.
better than a trip in the microwave. that really takes out dents?. will the team cars run this sunday? don't want too run alone
Old 09-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Vintage 1/8 Associated bodies.......
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...d18bodies2.jpg

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ed18bodies.jpg

...I want the Datsun BAD................
are those for sale?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
several people had there own "home brew" ideas was not sure what too say regarding rules but ned seems too have that taken care of.
......what are "home brew" rules???................we need simple concise rules for the class............nothing more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.