Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Just my opinion. Why not keep this very simple and allow any 8th scale body? There are so many readily available CanAm / GTP Bodies that are less expensive, I imagine offer far superior handling (which will result in less broken parts), better motor cooling, which are much easier to refuel and temp.

Having to order bodies from an over sea distributor seems an expensive way to go. Could be very expensive testing bodies to find out which ones have decent handling. Some of these could be real bad - I would hate to spend the money to find that out. It could be hard to get together a second order of 20 bodies if more new people join in.

France has a very successful 8th Pan Program. They already sorted this all out. They run sports bodies - simple. The Pros are Cheaper, Superior Handling (resulting in less broken parts), Superior Engine Cooling, Easier Pitting and Readily Available. The Cons?? Appearance?? That's personal taste I guess.

I really dislike spending more money on an inferior product.
I pretty much agree with you. It seems silly to set up a class basid on it being cheap to the point of limiting motors to dune buggy motors then running 50 dollar bodies. I do however see the old guys point about it sets the pan cars apart from the 4wd cars to on lookers.

In the end I don't care. Just tell me what I need and I will get it. So if they think the GT bodies are the best way to grow the class who am i to say they are wrong? We can always switch it up later if need be.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I don't have the 2WD chassis yet but I want on the list for bodies please. Here are my selections for GT and for classic Can-Am. Let me know what I have to do for the payment. When I started RC racing back in 1981, we were all running this type of body and the memories were still fresh of the real thundering CAN-AM cars, glory days of Trans-Am and rapidly developing GT cars which made racing the RC versions so much more fun. I'm totally in.

Quan Part # Description
2 S0705 Mercedes AMG DTM
2 S0708 Lola Ford T610

Jeff
Who is runnig the 2nd pan car Jeff?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I'm not trying to cause any trouble, however, I have a concern.

Just my opinion. Why not keep this very simple and allow any 8th scale body? There are so many readily available CanAm / GTP Bodies that are less expensive, I imagine offer far superior handling (which will result in less broken parts), better motor cooling, which are much easier to refuel and temp.

Having to order bodies from an over sea distributor seems an expensive way to go. Could be very expensive testing bodies to find out which ones have decent handling. Some of these could be real bad - I would hate to spend the money to find that out. It could be hard to get together a second order of 20 bodies if more new people join in.

France has a very successful 8th Pan Program. They already sorted this all out. They run sports bodies - simple. The Pros are Cheaper, Superior Handling (resulting in less broken parts), Superior Engine Cooling, Easier Pitting and Readily Available. The Cons?? Appearance?? That's personal taste I guess.

I really dislike spending more money on an inferior product.

Just something to consider before a Body order is placed. Once some people have invested in 20 bodies, it will be hard to go back.

I'm looking forward to the Results of this weekend's MidWest Series Race in Toledo. Have FUN and let us know how it goes.

Question - someone mentioned that Garen can get another make Pan Car. Which one is that?
.i have no problem with you running a late model body (except the huge side dam top fuel bodies) but if you start killing everyone every week..........weight will be added to your ride..........i say every win get you 2 ounces.............
Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)

To me that was Dave winning by spending money. Nothing wrong with that I guess since the rules don't ban the use of boosted ESC's but I do feel it took away from the spirt of the class. In the end if everyone spends another 250 bucks we are all right back to racing dead even again. Why not just save the 250 bucks and race dead even just 0.200 slower? The super close racing is what brought me to the class in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Lon i dont see it as Dave winning by spending money he only went by the rules and there still is alot of close racing in the class , if Brent would have had the esc in his car would Dave had won that race probably not , again the class was set up for the boosted esc and what ever esc you wanted to run so how does the boosted esc kill a class that it was started for that is the whole point here ( and remember how many brush motor's were blown after a few times out i know one person that went threw many of them himself ) and you are forgetting Chuck went out there with his stock car and won many a times as well as did Joe T
Old 09-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Who is runnig the 2nd pan car Jeff?
I think it will just be one car for ME. One of each type of body depending on what you all run. Since I am usually a little busy in the pits wrenching, this looks like the car for me. Ha
Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default OOPS!

Seems to me we've not only highjacked a thread or at least turned it into a unweildly discussion of many topics but we are not getting anything decided.

I propose we start a new thread, or threads (?) to make some progress. I'm also not sure how a class should be integrated into a program, Toledo, MWS, or ???, but imagine if a group of interested racers bring a rules package, and "committed" racers with equipment to the Club/Organization, it would be a good start. Lon Sr. has certainly been working in this direction but in reading the discussions I'm not sure everybody is on the same page.

I would like to go back to my old school ways and let those interested fill out a questionaire or survey to help determine the rules. I will be sending PM's or e-mails to those with cars and those who have expressed serious interest to get help with the questions/options.

This will take a bit of time, especially since there is an important MWS Race in Toledo this weekend, but I think we can do it in a couple of weeks and come up with a proposed set of rules that a majority can understand if not completely agree with ;-)...

Contrary to the what this looks like, I am not trying to become the Czar of Pan Car. I just want to organize the thoughts and concerns into something useful!!!

Comments welcome!

Ned ([email protected])
Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

..does anyone like ferraris?? i have this old sucker.............maybe try to repop this winter also.............
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...=RC2502004.jpg
Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Body Order List

((((NEED 7 MORE)))))

This will be the running list, when we get to 20 we'll figure out how to get the money and finalize everything.

Matt 2-Porsche 911 (1085)

Ned 1-Toyota Celica (0093)
1-FORD Capri (s0709)

Lon 1-FORD Capri (s0709)
1-Lancia (s0623)
1-Ferrari 1/12 (0708)

Joe P. 1-Kroll (0087)
1-Porsche 917 (

Jeff W. 2-Mercedes AMG (s0705)
2-Lola Ford T610 (s0708)

NEXT.........................
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

http://www.rcbazar.net/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1142
would 4 front wheels be considered cheating???...........LOL..I love the old Tyrrells
Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
http://www.rcbazar.net/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1142
would 4 front wheels be considered cheating???...........LOL..I love the old Tyrrells
hey matt whats in your rc300 parts box? i need a servo saver, back wheels and hubs stock bumper. want too restore mine too original can we get tire donuts?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..does anyone like ferraris?? i have this old sucker.............maybe try to repop this winter also.............
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...=RC2502004.jpg
That makes me wish I still had the Greenwood Corvette .........
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
hey matt whats in your rc300 parts box? i need a servo saver, back wheels and hubs stock bumper. want too restore mine too original can we get tire donuts?
Talk to John or Monti at BSR tires. I bet they would help you with donuts, as they still make and sell 1/8 tires.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Reprint, BODIES

Trader Rating: 0

http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...ti&l=eng&id=30
http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...i&l=eng&id=853 Ferrari Dino
http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...i&l=eng&id=597 Porsche 911 ...i want these
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ned I think you are making to much work for yourself.

Chassis : Any 1/8 scale pan chassis with no shocks nitro powered car.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 motor or smaller maybe used.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.)

Points will be awarded just like they are awarded in the midwest series. 20 for Qual. 80 for the main.

There are rules. Anyone have a problem with any of it?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Ned I think you are making to much work for yourself.

Chassis : Any 1/8 scale pan chassis with no shocks nitro powered car.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 motor or smaller maybe used.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.)

Points will be awarded just like they are awarded in the midwest series. 20 for Qual. 80 for the main.

There are rules. Anyone have a problem with any of it?
sounds good too me. please lets finalise the body rule before we place our order. also who is in charge of awards at this weekends race so i can give'm the trophys for the pan class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.