Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am going to try to get more kits by early December and build mine in time for our Toys For Tots race. There are a couple of guys in SoCal already interested.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by djmachinist
Here's the DFX Vortex 2wd. The guys at DFX assembled it for me.

Dale
.what did the DFX car run you??.......
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.what did the DFX car run you??.......
Thats the problem with DXF, the car cost me $670.00 plus shipping from France. They are a small company with low production runs, they are not able to get the cost per unit down. They very good people to deal with.

The Motonica P8C is roughly $200.00 cheaper and is available through Motonica USA, the motonica us importer. This lastest version of the P8C is a more advanced design than the DXF in my opinion. The Steering servo is located more in the conventional position than the DXF setup. Also the P8C
can be converted to a 4WD configuration. However the DXF with diffuser is certainly sexy looking and they are the only company offering a ground effects Diffuser that I know of.

Dale
Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Well, Garen was good on his word, the P8C kits got here today! I will try to build both cars in next couple of weeks. I'll try to take pics during the build process.
I thought I would re-post some pics of the Motonica P8C

Dale
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-p8c-img1b.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-p8c-img2.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-p8c-img3.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-p8c-img4.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Thats the problem with DXF, the car cost me $670.00 plus shipping from France.
Dale
DOH
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Here's the DFX Vortex 2wd. The guys at DFX assembled it for me.

Dale
Nice, very nice.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:32 PM
dxf
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Hello dear friends, in France we are happy some renewal of our classic chere category.
Being a part of the team dxf France, I can inform you if you ask questions on this chassis.
The most important are that our automobile meme if it countered expensive in the purchase, the cost for one year is very weak with regard to the other categories.
In bientot gilles Garrigou
Old 11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
I am going to try to get more kits by early December and build mine in time for our Toys For Tots race. There are a couple of guys in SoCal already interested.
Hi, I personally would be interested in a DXF car the side and rear diffusers are to die for. The layout of the car is just beautiful

Please let me know

Jay

Thats the problem with DXF, the car cost me $670.00 plus shipping from France. They are a small company with low production runs, they are not able to get the cost per unit down. They very good people to deal with.

The Motonica P8C is roughly $200.00 cheaper and is available through Motonica USA, the motonica us importer. This lastest version of the P8C is a more advanced design than the DXF in my opinion. The Steering servo is located more in the conventional position than the DXF setup. Also the P8C
can be converted to a 4WD configuration. However the DXF with diffuser is certainly sexy looking and they are the only company offering a ground effects Diffuser that I know of.

Dale
My question to you is where will you get parts for the DXF car? Skipping thro this thread got me very VERY interested in a 2wd and that DXF car is just to die for.

Thanks!

Jay
Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You're asking the wrong guy there serpent. Garen is the Motonica importer.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default DXF news

hello,
i'm didier, the mould engineer of the french DXF company, also in charge of the international relationship with potential customers.
So if you need more details about our products, don't hesitate to contact me directly. I can show you pictures, technical informations and ste-up support.

We are interessed to find RC shop or US distribitors to develop our business in your country.

As you know more and more french drivers are coming to this economic class. We counted totally 99 drivers in our french championship 2009 with 5 races.
I hope it will be the same in USA soon !!!!!!

best regards
Didier
Old 11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

..the best part about vintage cars???.........i can't buy parts....i have to make them........
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...orm/gav010.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...orm/gav011.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...orm/Gav002.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCRC250003.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCRC250004.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCRC250002.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCRC250008.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCRC250010.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCRC250009.jpg
Old 11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice Job, What make of car is that??
Old 11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CFowler
Nice Job, What make of car is that??
......thank you.......Team Associated RC250/300........
Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

I'm Pierre, I'm french and I'm very glad to join your post. I can tell you that I'm very proud to read your interest for several days by reading your post here.

Why am I proud ? Simply because, I'm one of the french guys who wrote the rules you read before and who have believe for more than 10 years here in europe that this real enjoyable category was not dead...

I enjoy to discuss with you and answer your questions if I can help you.

I'll try to do my best with my english, but it's not a problem, so don't hesitate if you have any questions

Kind regards

Webclassic also named Pierre.

Bye
Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by webclassic
Hi guys,

I'm Pierre, I'm french and I'm very glad to join your post. I can tell you that I'm very proud to read your interest for several days by reading your post here.

Why am I proud ? Simply because, I'm one of the french guys who wrote the rules you read before and who have believe for more than 10 years here in europe that this real enjoyable category was not dead...

I enjoy to discuss with you and answer your questions if I can help you.

I'll try to do my best with my english, but it's not a problem, so don't hesitate if you have any questions

Kind regards

Webclassic also named Pierre.

Bye
When was the 2WD Classique class born in Europe? Or did the 2WD class never die out after the 4WDs came in the '80s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.