Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 09-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Ned - thanks for the reply. I just re-ordered the cars and motor from Jason at Irwin. I raced 2WD 235MM Serpents and 2WD 8th Scale years ago before switching to 4wd 8th Scale when we had the Hamilton Track. I bought a Motonica Classic just before we got shut down because of noise. I was planning on promoting the Pan Class in Canada but sold my nitro stuff when our Track was forced to close.

Looking forward to racing in 2014 at Toledo. I plan on joining Bill McLean coming to Toledo so I can pit his 8th 4WD and he can pit my 8th 2WD.

I'm going to talk to Ron Garrant who ran 8th Scale 2WD Cars in the 90s in the MidWest Series. I'll show him my car when it arrives to tempt him into a return.

Thanks - John Elliot
Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
The last time Rick ran a 2wd car (3 weeks ago), it was a locked suspension car powered by a Flash motor. It was fast and looked it. I watched this car being driven by one of the best, very fun to watch. However there was a less hairy looking 3 port locked on to his tail like a grayhound chasing the rabbit it will never catch. It was the sort of thing that happens here in Toledo and it too was some real fun and good testing.
Rick has allot going on other then 2wd but his input is priceless. He's my man!

AARCOBRA is right there too (not as fast as Rick), but knows his stuff.
Lon - thanks for the kind words but my 966 conversion is not a locked up suspension car - there are machined aluminum lower arms that bolt to the chassis plate in the rear and the rocker plate in the front , the original Serpent lower arms are gone.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Lon - thanks for the kind words but my 966 conversion is not a locked up suspension car - there are machined aluminum lower arms that bolt to the chassis plate in the rear and the rocker plate in the front , the original Serpent lower arms are gone.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default BEWARE

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Ned - thanks for the reply. I just re-ordered the cars and motor from Jason at Irwin. I raced 2WD 235MM Serpents and 2WD 8th Scale years ago before switching to 4wd 8th Scale when we had the Hamilton Track. I bought a Motonica Classic just before we got shut down because of noise. I was planning on promoting the Pan Class in Canada but sold my nitro stuff when our Track was forced to close.

Looking forward to racing in 2014 at Toledo. I plan on joining Bill McLean coming to Toledo so I can pit his 8th 4WD and he can pit my 8th 2WD.

I'm going to talk to Ron Garrant who ran 8th Scale 2WD Cars in the 90s in the MidWest Series. I'll show him my car when it arrives to tempt him into a return.

Thanks - John Elliot
Out standing!! You're already got me thinking 2014 and we still have some 2013 to do. Beware of Bill, he killed my 10 minute pit strategy once when he jumped in to help,! With just a little training he'll be fine!

LETS RACE!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

All right all ready! So I made a mistake, I did that once last year too! So after watching your race, I think the results would have been the same had you had a 3 port motor. Switch motors with Joe and you guys would have been further apart. I found that race to be very interesting, thanks for running it.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada

Thanks - John Elliot
hey john, if you get ahold of ron give him my info. i understand he lives in windsor still. joe
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/960...tml?sort=3&o=2
http://s227.photobucket.com/user/960...tml?sort=3&o=3
http://s227.photobucket.com/user/960...tml?sort=3&o=4
http://s227.photobucket.com/user/960...tml?sort=3&o=5
http://s227.photobucket.com/user/960...tml?sort=3&o=6

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/960...tml?sort=3&o=0

Last edited by Taylorm; 10-01-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for sharing the pics! I was wondering what that car looked like.

Elliot, glad to hear you will be joining us for 2014! I will announce an update on the shipment when I know more.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmmm

Originally Posted by howardcano
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen any fight going on over rules. I (and others) have asked for clarifications and made some proposals to keep things from getting out of hand.

Maybe everyone here should elect a Pan Car Poobah who says what the rules are, what goes, and what doesn't. It's worked very well for VTA; Rob King has done an excellent job (with help from a few friends). I further suggest that the Pan Car Poobah should be a current racer from the Ohio bunch, as that seems to be largest active group.
Good idea! I nominate Lon for that job, whether he wants it or not. He's been the prime mover to bring back pan the last few years, he has the largest interest/participation in it via his grandkids, he's knowledgable about old pan AND new, and he's fair minded. He's also a huge pain in the rear...but at least he's a FAIR pain in the rear.

Next....Tom crapped out at Dayton due to a crappy battery pack (end of year issues....damn.) But he ran very strongly in qualifying, and would have placed in the main, the point being that our product was competitive enough that I don't see the "floppy front end" being of any particular advantage over basic G10 flex. I'm still not in total agreement with it, but it's mainstream, doesn't quite violate the rules as I see it.

Further, I recommend we go by the existing rules in Roar. If changes are needed, we'll make 'em, but have Lon do the "on the spot" call for anything not covered by existing rules. If he's not willing or up to it, consensus will apply.

If no one wants to do tech duty, then we're forced to go with the honor system....Matt is right on that score, it's hard to enforce rules with no inspections. While I'm at it, I think it's a silly rule that a person can't tech the class they run in. Said person would tend to me most knowlegable about the class, and I tend to rely on a persons honesty and honor. I'm sure there are a few weasels out there who cheat, but for many years, I've lived by the practice that I trust a person until they give me reason not to. I can guarantee that if Lon, Rick, Matt, myself, or any other person in our club is running a tech, that they can be relied upon to be fair and impartial, even to their own detriment.

I'll support that idea of Neds about the EVO with my own wallet....inclusion, friends, not exclusion, is the way to go.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Good idea! I nominate Lon for that job, whether he wants it or not. He's been the prime mover to bring back pan the last few years, he has the largest interest/participation in it via his grandkids, he's knowledgable about old pan AND new, and he's fair minded. He's also a huge pain in the rear...but at least he's a FAIR pain in the rear.

Next....Tom crapped out at Dayton due to a crappy battery pack (end of year issues....damn.) But he ran very strongly in qualifying, and would have placed in the main, the point being that our product was competitive enough that I don't see the "floppy front end" being of any particular advantage over basic G10 flex. I'm still not in total agreement with it, but it's mainstream, doesn't quite violate the rules as I see it.

Further, I recommend we go by the existing rules in Roar. If changes are needed, we'll make 'em, but have Lon do the "on the spot" call for anything not covered by existing rules. If he's not willing or up to it, consensus will apply.

If no one wants to do tech duty, then we're forced to go with the honor system....Matt is right on that score, it's hard to enforce rules with no inspections. While I'm at it, I think it's a silly rule that a person can't tech the class they run in. Said person would tend to me most knowlegable about the class, and I tend to rely on a persons honesty and honor. I'm sure there are a few weasels out there who cheat, but for many years, I've lived by the practice that I trust a person until they give me reason not to. I can guarantee that if Lon, Rick, Matt, myself, or any other person in our club is running a tech, that they can be relied upon to be fair and impartial, even to their own detriment.

I'll support that idea of Neds about the EVO with my own wallet....inclusion, friends, not exclusion, is the way to go.
This all sounds great to me.

Lon, if we ask you questions regarding things which are not covered by the ROAR rules, can you give us a "YES" or a "NO" on our questions?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Good idea! I nominate Lon for that job, whether he wants it or not. He's been the prime mover to bring back pan the last few years, he has the largest interest/participation in it via his grandkids, he's knowledgable about old pan AND new, and he's fair minded. .
...I second Lon...................
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...I second Lon...................
Lon for President!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

LEAVE ME ALONG!! Phil, There should be a rule for Trouble makers like you!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Lon for President!
would that make his car PAN 1 ?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Pictures of the Davis RC 300 with a T- Plate

Someone said they had a RC 300 with a T-Plate on it I have never seen a RC 300 with a T-plate can't visualize how it would look does anyone have a picture of a Associated RC 300 with a T-Plate that they would not mind sharing??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.