Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
I asked Motonica specifically about ordering a P8C 2 Extreme. They sent the above response. We emailed back and forth a couple of times yesterday and I was made to understand that there are no classic pan cars in stock and are no longer in production.
Ok I gues that's that then..

The Forfaster Z1 won the 2nd national in France last weekend with 60+ drivers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rU3uRu_Kuu8

Some French assembly articles
WRC GT Due: http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire.php?id=1889&f=19
The BP car: http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire.php?id=1855&f=19
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
I asked Motonica specifically about ordering a P8C 2 Extreme. They sent the above response. We emailed back and forth a couple of times yesterday and I was made to understand that there are no classic pan cars in stock and are no longer in production.
So no more parts support???. ..... The guys are screwed....
I say we enlist the mad machining skills of Davis to make parts
for these cars...
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
The Bp clutch looks pretty much like a Motonica. There is a aftermarket off road clutch that is the same thing but I can't recall the name. Garen can tell you.
..The Werks clutch looks identical to the Motonica clutch......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Werks-Racing...item2324fb226f
even better price from Robert
http://ashfordhobby.com/detail.aspx?ID=10219

http://ashfordhobby.com/detail.aspx?ID=10218

http://ashfordhobby.com/detail.aspx?ID=10215
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Good job Matt, that is the clutch I was thinking of..
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, this is sort of disturbing as I had based my limited spare time on running my P8C for the season. Perhaps this "Anna" could enlighten us on this, but I may have to rethink what I'm going to do.

I will definitely need parts this summer.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Clutch

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
So I am looking at Fosters new DFX Premium pan car and I noticed it does not come with a clutch. Does someone have a recommendation for a clutch bell for this thing?

This car looks very nice and the quality of the parts seems very good. It should be fun to run.

Jeff
Jeff,
For what it's worth, I put a Motonica P8C Clutch in my DFX. Don't know if they are available or not considering the latest news. I know some have used the regular centax type clutch with good results. The main difference seems to be that the pan car clutch has more slip....

Off-road clutches may be useable....
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

I would think that with an offroad clutch assy that given the variety of shoes and springs available, it could be done.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Pan Cars....

With the current situation of car and part availability, the original idea of running "Vintage" cars doesn't look so bad! LOL
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
I would think that with an offroad clutch assy that given the variety of shoes and springs available, it could be done.
http://www.bukupower.com/ClutchOffRoad.aspx
...ive read good things about these clutches too.........if they last in a dirt environment i'd think they would work for us also......
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

I'd have to look and see if the Edam three shoe is adaptable, but if it is, I can get them for 20 bucks all day long and that is from the pinch - out, flywheel, springs, shoes, bearings, gears, etc.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by aarcobra
With the current situation of car and part availability, the original idea of running "Vintage" cars doesn't look so bad! LOL
In about two weeks, I'm taking a disassembled SuperJ over to the machine shop to get a quote on mass production, but modified to take current fuel tanks and tires. And they'll be mostly aluminum. In the meantime, there's this untested thing which I hope I'll be feeling well enough Sunday to find out if it works or not.
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-tonygp4-024.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-tonygp4-041.jpg  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I'd have to look and see if the Edam three shoe is adaptable, but if it is, I can get them for 20 bucks all day long and that is from the pinch - out, flywheel, springs, shoes, bearings, gears, etc.
Don't know why it wouldn't. Shaft size should be the same diameter across the board. You'd just need the whole assy.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Don't know why it wouldn't. Shaft size should be the same diameter across the board. You'd just need the whole assy.
..yes all .21 SG shafts are the same...
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Default BODIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
In about two weeks, I'm taking a disassembled SuperJ over to the machine shop to get a quote on mass production, but modified to take current fuel tanks and tires. And they'll be mostly aluminum. In the meantime, there's this untested thing which I hope I'll be feeling well enough Sunday to find out if it works or not.
Phil,
WHere have you been???? Dick in Kansas needs your address to get your bodies to you!!! We have both tried to get in touch with you.

Please let me know.

PS: Is there a parts' list for the Edam on line? I'm thinking of making a car!! you and Matt are having too much fun!!!

Ned
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, this is sort of disturbing as I had based my limited spare time on running my P8C for the season. Perhaps this "Anna" could enlighten us on this, but I may have to rethink what I'm going to do.

I will definitely need parts this summer.
I felt bad even passing that bit of info along. I don't claim to have any special insight other than what I found out by contacting the company, but from that email exchange there was nothing indicating that parts were available. I wasn't told, for example, that the kits are sold out but we have parts. Nothing was said. Another thing to consider is that the economy in Italy is really bad at the moment, worse than in the US. For this reason alone it would be sensible for any company to tighten the strings.

Motonica has really lead the way with this class and I respect all they have done. ROAR and the major manufacturers have done much less or nothing for this category or for building nitro on road's future. For the moment buggy GT seems to be that thing, although it is not simple and no longer cheap (just as with the evolution of the touring car class).

Most importantly I do hope that we all continue and find a way to bring this class along. Fortunately there are other chassis options. The biggest concern is finding parts support for the current Motonica drivers. Anyone with more information, please share.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.