Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dyoung
We will continue to run the 1/8th pan along with the 1/8th GT cars for 2013. If there are enough entries to split the classes for qualifying we may do that but for mains and points they will be combined.

Thx
Dennis
That sounds good. I think I will go ahead and get him a pan car to run. He really enjoyed running Lon's last year.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by 5italkart
found it in a box marked 40%off at my local shop.
Ok...something can't be right. A 1/8 onroad body configured like that of a Jaguar XKE?? I looked up the Toyota body I think you had a link for and that wasn't what I was looking for. If you can find a 1/8 Jag XKE body, I want it BAD. I'm going to have to paint the Jag...of course, I'd paint the 1/8 body to match, then take pics of the one sitting on the hood of the other! Making wire wheel rims is gonna be a pain, tho.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Totally trick (cough...cough) rear Lexan body mount......
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...rm/pan15-1.jpg
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Serpent Vector

Can anyone tell me where I might find a fuel tank for 1/8th serpent vector?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Totally trick (cough...cough) rear Lexan body mount......
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...rm/pan15-1.jpg
Funny you should mention that....

Down in the shop the other day I'm looking at the beast, and figuring how to do the rear mounting myself. Meh..no problem, everything will line up just fine. But then I was wondering, how can I make it to accept an Indy body? Where I'm going for the regular body mount is no sweat, the body would take the abuse on flip-over, but I wouldn't trust it with a Indy wing on it. I must have spent 20 minutes thinking and second guessing myself....until I realized, "Phil, you idiot, you have aluminum bulkheads." Oy. Just like a SuperJ, I can drill for wingtubes, lots of support and stability, zero chance of breakage. 20 friggin minutes I spent looking at the thing and the perfectly obvious answer eluding me the entire time.....
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default BRING BACK THE RC250

Originally Posted by garen
The Motonica P8C 2wd costs over $100 less than the 4wd car. It does share a bunch of parts with the 4wd car- rear body mount, h-arms, rear uprights, front knuckles, bumper, front body mount, axles, brakes, pulleys/gears, and hardware. A combo pack with engine will be available soon.
The 2wd cars are fine with cheap/slow motors. Next year's VOX line of engines from Motonica will include a basic 3 port engine which should sell for less than $200. Tires last longer, less parts to break and maintain. Lack of shocks and certain adjustments makes it less confusing, although maybe not so much easier to drive, but still easier to build and learn. With the constant rise of engine prices, this may not be as far fetched as one would think. For this class to come back I think it's going to have to start at the local/grassroots level and grow from there.
BRING BACK THE RC250, the car kit sold for around 100.00 and produced in the USA, why cant the current rc mfg's produce a copy of them and offer them as "spec cars" for around the same price?

not a long line of guy's wanting to spend 500.00 for a fragile kit we have today that take's alot of knowledge to set up and get right, not to mention high wear/cost to keep them running.

sure the 250 was a tank, not the fastest/latest car out there. but I remember alot of guy's showing up with them and only a handfull of guy's showing up with the expensive stuff.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
found it in a box marked 40%off at my local shop.
..there was only one?...,....if there were more and you didnt buy them you're going to the box to feel shame.............
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Meh

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72
BRING BACK THE RC250, the car kit sold for around 100.00 and produced in the USA, why cant the current rc mfg's produce a copy of them and offer them as "spec cars" for around the same price?

not a long line of guy's wanting to spend 500.00 for a fragile kit we have today that take's alot of knowledge to set up and get right, not to mention high wear/cost to keep them running.

sure the 250 was a tank, not the fastest/latest car out there. but I remember alot of guy's showing up with them and only a handfull of guy's showing up with the expensive stuff.
(Cough cough....SuperJ is tougher.) lol. But that's the point a few of us have been getting at, Delta, Associated and MRP all made pan cars, all more durable than the 4wd's we run today. A clean driver could keep one going all year without serious expense. You probably didn't see my earlier posts, but I'm doing my own pan build, and if it works I'll produce more to sell, plus I'm contemplating a limited run of SuperJ repros (mostly aluminum), just for the newbie or the guy who wants to have fun on a budget.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default For general knowledge

I understand that Centax is the way to go and everyone is using it. That said, Edam offers an old school bell and clutch which should fit the Razor2 (which also means it should fit everything else as well). I'm grabbing a few of these specifically for my pan build, but I'm going to try them out anyways on the 4wd, just to see what it does. I know way back when, we'd just shave down on the shoes a bit and get the same basic effect...and as I try them out, I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..there was only one?...,....if there were more and you didnt buy them you're going to the box to feel shame.............
some guy built a 1/8th car a while back, orderd the bod. and never picked it up. i see someone else has the fuzzy feelings for the rc250
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default The Facts

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72

The facts according to me. Fact #1 What you are saying about the RC 250 is perhaps 99% true. The 1% being the area racers changed to make stronger or better. I love the made in USA part, wish we had our own car or cars. To think that a $100 car can be had is pushing things a bite. I'd pay $250 for a good remake of a Pro 180, RC 250, or Super J. From what I've seen, with some proper support, any of these cars would be in the hunt.
Fact #2 The new cars are not fragile, we addressed what I felt was a weak front end (my grandsons and myself put the Motonica P8C thru hell) to some it wasn't a weak front end at all, but some minor changes have made it stronger for sure. They are not cheap to buy when you think about $100 RC 250s. Fact #3 There is no better bargain in 1/8th gas on-road. They are a drivers car with simple set up, low maintenance between rounds, low tire and fuel cost, and can't use much more power then the 3-port motor they come with. Fact #4 Don't sell them short, they are a blast to race as anyone running one will tell you! Fact #5, it's nice to have you join in with us!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!! (GIVE IT THE GAS)
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

old school delta racer super j
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...r-img_0076.jpg
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stick to the XKEs

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I understand that Centax is the way to go and everyone is using it. That said, Edam offers an old school bell and clutch which should fit the Razor2 (which also means it should fit everything else as well). I'm grabbing a few of these specifically for my pan build, but I'm going to try them out anyways on the 4wd, just to see what it does. I know way back when, we'd just shave down on the shoes a bit and get the same basic effect...and as I try them out, I'll keep everyone updated.
There is a reason that clutch was left behind in 4wd. You don't have enough time as it is. your track time is even less. Put that clutch in the pan, forget the rubber tires, I figure you'll come up with a good car if you stop wasting your time relearning stuff you should already know. That being said, it is your time, do as you please! It's just that I've seen you drive and I know you can run up front in the pan class if you were a bite more focused on one thing, Sorry again!
Put the strange parts in the XKE.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey!

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
There is a reason that clutch was left behind in 4wd. You don't have enough time as it is. your track time is even less. Put that clutch in the pan, forget the rubber tires, I figure you'll come up with a good car if you stop wasting your time relearning stuff you should already know. That being said, it is your time, do as you please! It's just that I've seen you drive and I know you can run up front in the pan class if you were a bite more focused on one thing, Sorry again!
Put the strange parts in the XKE.
I already admitted I didn't focus enough on the pan...you $#@$....because I was trying to help Edam get off the ground. Trust me, I'm bashing my brains out on the new pan build (but keeping the J in reserve,) and I really want to try the rubber tires. They work well on the GT's, and they work well on the Edam RTR, they don't cost diddly, and if they DO work (these are not the tires of yesteryear, by the way) they could be a heck of a savings to all of us. Also remember, I don't think rubber was ever tried on a pan car that had camber adjustments in the rear, which may make a significant difference. Hey, worst case scenario is they don't work, and it'll only take me about 20 minutes of testing to know one way or the other. If they work, you owe me a beer (none of that fancy imported crap, thanx.) As for the clutch...yeah, I know this too, but I really hate centax. A lot. But as last year was more focusing on Edam to help them out, this year will be more about pan. My biggest issue last year was sentimentality getting the better of me, running 35 year old Picco's. I've already upgraded that....

And I don't get to put strange parts in the Jag since it's eventually gonna be a reseller. I know my back isn't going to tolerate sitting on a high powered roller skate, no matter how much I like it. I just hope we get it done in time to run it up to Toledo to show it off....ah....uh oh....what kind of lap time you think I could get with it on the track??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.