Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d.../gavin1004.jpg
track all to myself today.........there was almost NO WIND....amazing for our place..........and oh yeah.....whoever left the gate unlocked........GOOD JOB...
Old 04-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
As I have stated many times before the rules are hard to pin down but in Toledo and the MWS I believe the idea is Three Port, non-Turbo Plug, and purchase price less than $250 (the price thing may apply to Toledo only, if at all.

In Europe, I think they only limit the motor to 7 ports, not sure about that...
not sure if big power will work but i can't resist trying the kangaroo out.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
not sure if big power will work but i can't resist trying the kangaroo out.
......Joe.......the el cheapo OS VG ran totally crappy today.......motor has NO comperssion when cold.......and the front bearing is leaking....LOL...my last OS purchase ever.....dont think the engine even had 1 gallon thru it.......i will be putting in the ancient old RB .......its a 7 port standard plug......am i disqualified??...lol.......at least it has good compression........im gonna put the os in my SC8 and do donuts WFO till it grenades........pictures to follow......
Old 04-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
......Joe.......the el cheapo OS VG ran totally crappy today.......motor has NO comperssion when cold.......and the front bearing is leaking....LOL...my last OS purchase ever.....dont think the engine even had 1 gallon thru it.......i will be putting in the ancient old RB .......its a 7 port standard plug......am i disqualified??...lol.......at least it has good compression........im gonna put the os in my SC8 and do donuts WFO till it grenades........pictures to follow......
i belive the f1 guys on speed would say "installed daylight in the engine"
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

i belive the f1 guys on speed would say "installed daylight in the engine"
.....................that will go good with my clagg.....
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.....................that will go good with my clagg.....
the kicker has too be "helicopter tape" aka duct tape for the nasdudes.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default DELTA Super "J"

Phil and his Super "J" did what he had to, to win at our first club race for 2012. The weather seems to have kept racers away as the turn out was low. Yet it was old over new on this day and we had large amounts of fun! Should have been there. Good job Phil! "WE'LL BE BACK!!!"
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Phil and his Super "J" did what he had to, to win at our first club race for 2012. The weather seems to have kept racers away as the turn out was low. Yet it was old over new on this day and we had large amounts of fun! Should have been there. Good job Phil! "WE'LL BE BACK!!!"
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
sounds great, for me too many back too back+iffy weather. but i was busy in the shop. ready for the 6th
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thank you Lon

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
If nothing else, I can say the turn marshalls didn't have much to do, I thought we drove a pretty clean race. And...I changed back to the 35 year old rubber since I wasn't sure if the new stuff would hang for a full main so I was pretty happy about that, a throttle servo prob and other minor things and the old girl still had one left in her. Your grandson, by the way, seems to be coming along nicely...what little bit I could see, he was turning decent laps. I'm sure in two or three years he'll be kicking everybodys butt, it's hard to top young reflexes (unless we team up and use old nasty tricks trademarked by a certain former associated driver, no offense, lol.) Not entirely sure when I'll be up again, gas money from four hours away is a real kicker, but we'll do what we can when we can. In spite of my friends mechanical probs we all had a pretty good time, always good to see some of the old faces and get a few laps in, and it was a very nice day for it.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Proof of age/history

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
Taking the car apart for cleaning. This was the first time this car has been actively raced (other than a few minutes last year) since at least 1980 or thereabouts. I think with age and pain, memory seems faulty, and here's the proof.

"Think I'll take the servo tray off...speed up cleaning and such. Yeah, that's a good idea. Hmm hmm....odd. I seem to remember there used to be three screws holding down the servo tray, yet for some reason I can only find ONE. Maybe that's why the steering was a "little" quirky at the end."

Point being, my restored memory now seems to recall we used to loctite the two rear screws because all the vibration would eventually loosen and knock the things out. I have to chalk this one up to lack of recent experience/bad memory/lousy foresight/sheer stupidity, but for anyone else running old school like I am, remember that loctite is your friend!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aarcobra
As I have stated many times before the rules are hard to pin down but in Toledo and the MWS I believe the idea is Three Port, non-Turbo Plug, and purchase price less than $250 (the price thing may apply to Toledo only, if at all.

In Europe, I think they only limit the motor to 7 ports, not sure about that...
As long as I know here in Eruope no limits at all. Neither ports nor efra omolagated accessories such as air box and mufflers.....

Not sure 100% if the 8mm carb reduction is mandatory this year
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flygio
As long as I know here in Eruope no limits at all. Neither ports nor efra omolagated accessories such as air box and mufflers.....

Not sure 100% if the 8mm carb reduction is mandatory this year
you have anymore of those good video's too share?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

.Joe.found a site with some more cool 1/8 bodies
http://www.modellbau-graetz.de/Galer...sCLK-GTR1.html
http://www.modellbau-graetz.de/Galer...HondaNSX1.html HONDA NSX
http://www.modellbau-graetz.de/Galer...aMclaren1.html Mclaren
Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

you have anymore of those good video's too share?
Sorry, no
Old 05-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

those are way cool, too bad pit stops are a pain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.