Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, yes. That BPR2 is from Piero Bovio, the man behind BP Racing engines. Another beautiful car. Actually based on the WRC. Many ( non to say all ) parts are interchangeable with the GT2. Something like a super GT2

The real masterpiece is the differential. Pinion gear type, hard coated aluminium pulley, 100% reliable. Many WRC drivers swap that in their cars.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Looking for something to run this summer here in Cincy. These pan cars sound interesting. I like the look of the Motonica. What is the cost of the P8C and is it easy to get parts for?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by X-Factor
Looking for something to run this summer here in Cincy. These pan cars sound interesting. I like the look of the Motonica. What is the cost of the P8C and is it easy to get parts for?
..............PM Garen.............easy as pie.......
Old 02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X-Factor
Garen is our connection for Motonica cars and parts. He is trying to get a package together with everythng but radio for under $700.

Rene Young from Cinci has one, not sure if there are others yet. Lon Burling from Toledo is the P8C King, he has 3 and there are around 10 or so up there. I have one down here in South Carolina but I'm hoping to sell it and race a different one (I like to be different!) Hope to run some in Toledo, Cinci, and the MWS....

Ned
Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Been awhile!

Been awhile since I was last here. I'm proud of you guys, you're not fighting and you picked up some new friends, that's great! Racing a pan car a 3-port motor is a blast and cheap too. I watch DasMopar run a P8C with a flash in it. I wasn't offered a chance to try it, but it looked like fun, but not racing fun. More like the electric bull at Bronco Bills Bar, not will I last, but how long can I hang on till it kicks my ass?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

X-Factor, email me at info @ motonica-usa.com (remove the spaces) for pricing and info. I am selling my personal used P8C with engine and pipe if interested.

Taylorm, I can get the BP car, and I will check on price again. Last I remember, it was about the same price as the P8C Extreme, maybe a little more.

aarcobra, maybe I am shooting myself in the foot, but I have said all along, the more the merrier. I spoke with the FG importer today, he also imports WRC. He is here in LA. I asked him if he could get the WRC 2wd car so we could run it alongside the Motonica here in LA and hopefully stir up some interest locally. He said he would try and get one and was willing to put the Motonica Nova 3 port in it so we could compare side by side. So if anyone doesn't want the Motonica (the one company well rep'ed and supported and trying to make things easy here in the US ;-) ) try contacting FG Supply about the WRC car.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by garen
X-Factor, email me at info @ motonica-usa.com (remove the spaces) for pricing and info. I am selling my personal used P8C with engine and pipe if interested.

Taylorm, I can get the BP car, and I will check on price again. Last I remember, it was about the same price as the P8C Extreme, maybe a little more.

aarcobra, maybe I am shooting myself in the foot, but I have said all along, the more the merrier. I spoke with the FG importer today, he also imports WRC. He is here in LA. I asked him if he could get the WRC 2wd car so we could run it alongside the Motonica here in LA and hopefully stir up some interest locally. He said he would try and get one and was willing to put the Motonica Nova 3 port in it so we could compare side by side. So if anyone doesn't want the Motonica (the one company well rep'ed and supported and trying to make things easy here in the US ;-) ) try contacting FG Supply about the WRC car.
Garen, Thanks for the heads' up on the WRC car possibility. Please know I apprecieate all you thru Motonica have done for pan car racing in the USA! Having been involved in RC cars since 1970, having reached my 60's AND living hundereds of miles from the nearest 1/8 scale on-road racing, I have different interests and objectives in racing than others. I can't really explain my even wanting to be involved anymore but I'll hold out a little longer and see what happens!

Ned
Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Garen, thanks for the response, mail sent.

X
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.how many euros are these going to go for?.........this is the car i've wanted all along......now, how to figure out to get this delivered w/o the mrs. knowing.............
I'm with you. This is the car I have had my eyes on. Searching the web is very frustrating though. Forget the language difference, that is not the issue. It seems hard enough to run a business selling RC pan cars with a good website. Not sure how a company can make it with this approach? It almost seems like they dont want you to have one...

Garen, which BP engine is best to use in the 2wd class? Are you selling these? I noticed that Amain has them and seems from the pricing they are clearing them out:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ngines&x=0&y=0

thanks, jason
Old 02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen

hey garen will be in touch this week for parts, you still have some bodies? joe p
Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ned, you are welcome, call Victor at FG Supply for the WRC car.

X, will reply tomorrow...long day....

Jason, A Main is clearing a lot of their nitro engines out. I have not run a BP in the 2wd car, but I would imagine the off road 3 port competition motor, not the tuned, would work ok. I have been using Motonica's 'Vintage' Novarossi 3 port motor in the 2wd. These are almost all gone and being replaced with the VOX V1 Tech motor. I do carry the BP Engines and I can also get the BP 2wd car.

Joe, bodies are on order.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Secret Weapon Photos

Here are some pix of one of my secret weapons for next season!!
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-02-27_23-34-31_908.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-02-27_23-35-53_122.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-02-27_23-35-29_920.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Look out everyone!

So AARCobra is really starting to scare me! Stop it Ned! I'll bet you don't even have an upside bike to start it with. You'll most likely find one on E-bay, with tons of spares too. LOL! That's pretty cool but servo saver looks wrong.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
So AARCobra is really starting to scare me! Stop it Ned! I'll bet you don't even have an upside bike to start it with. You'll most likely find one on E-bay, with tons of spares too. LOL! That's pretty cool but servo saver looks wrong.
I learned how to start these engines with my finger flipping the flywheel!! Probably switching to a Muran Nova Rossi 9 Port, Can't have enough power, you think?

Yeah, I keep switching from a "stock" build to a "resto-mod" build. ;-) May re-think the Servo Saver. Ya think I need to use slotted head screws and piano wire linkages with Du-Bro connectors?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Safety Frist!

DO NOT FORGET TO SAFETY WIRE THE BACK PLATE, you know what happens if you don't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.