R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #1321
Tech Adept

I'm fairly sure the Delta Eagle was released in 1982 or 83.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #1322
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Huh, whatttt....Nope, I scored a Marker Machine for $81 last night. Plus I thought we were collecting PAN cars. ;-) Was the Delta Eagle really released in 1978? Seem a few wears early to me....

I'm tracking down a Delta Pan, hope to pick it up this spring!!

If I get my MRP I'll be able to go around with a Vintage Rent-A-Racer Concession!!!

See you in about 5 weeks!!!
Ned
..did you get the Marker on the Bay?.....i've mustve missed it..............
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #1323
Tech Rookie

The original Marker's were a full width pan which evolved to a narrow pan the next year. I have both.

I dug up a virgin ABS McClaren body that I never used as ABS was only good for one event till the Lexan bodies came out. I also have a fiberglass Indy style body I used in '72. I'll clean them up and get pictures. I also have 8mm film of some of the MWS races from '73 and '74. Ballenger, Fisher, Arturo, Davis, the Campbells, Scharnowski, too many to recall.

I'm looking for some Marker clutch shoes, does anyone have a pair?
Toom Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #1324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
..did you get the Marker on the Bay?.....i've mustve missed it..............
This is just like the one I had, I think it was 76 or 77. I took it to the winternats in Orlando. Did they have black chassis like the 1/12th scale versions? Get a look at the front axle...speed secret?
Attached Thumbnails
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-marker.jpg  
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #1325
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default old style

Quote:
This is just like the one I had, I think it was 76 or 77. I took it to the winternats in Orlando. Did they have black chassis like the 1/12th scale versions? Get a look at the front axle...speed secret?
started on my vintage style front last night, you think we could get away with no diff
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #1326
Tech Addict

solid rear axle? well without the front having any input into the power chain (freewheeling) you're going to have a lot of steering haha!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #1327
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toom Raider View Post
The original Marker's were a full width pan which evolved to a narrow pan the next year. I have both.

I dug up a virgin ABS McClaren body that I never used as ABS was only good for one event till the Lexan bodies came out. I also have a fiberglass Indy style body I used in '72. I'll clean them up and get pictures. I also have 8mm film of some of the MWS races from '73 and '74. Ballenger, Fisher, Arturo, Davis, the Campbells, Scharnowski, too many to recall.

I'm looking for some Marker clutch shoes, does anyone have a pair?
I would love to see photos of the McLaren and Indy body. I've been looking for some to reproduce in fiberglass, but so far haven't had any luck in either seeing them or obtaining them. Show us what you've got. CHEERZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!
MADD FABRICAROR
Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #1328
Tech Master

Quote:
i like the caster.............
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1329
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
solid rear axle? well without the front having any input into the power chain (freewheeling) you're going to have a lot of steering haha!
Yeah, right before you spin out!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #1330
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
started on my vintage style front last night, you think we could get away with no diff
Joe, What kind of rear end are you planning on? We might could come up with something. No Diff=no fun!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #1331
Tech Addict

Default different strokes

Quote:
Joe, What kind of rear end are you planning on? We might could come up with something. No Diff=no fun!!!!
not sure if we could get old school spur gears it would be easy. as of now was going too make 2 fronts (one for the monclava missle) for the 300
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1332
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADD FABRICATOR View Post
I would love to see photos of the McLaren and Indy body. I've been looking for some to reproduce in fiberglass, but so far haven't had any luck in either seeing them or obtaining them. Show us what you've got. CHEERZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!
MADD FABRICAROR
I haven't achieved a high enough status to be able to post pictures, the note tells me.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #1333
Tech Rookie

If you're going to be true to the vintage formula, live axles should be the rule.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #1334
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toom Raider View Post
If you're going to be true to the vintage formula, live axles should be the rule.
Well I guess that would depend on how "vintage" you want to go, now wouldn't it? ;-) It would really simplify the rear axle/tire problem but we still need spur gears... Back in the day, I ran them forever, never had many problems at all. I can't beleive we can't find them on the web. Stock Drive Products has all kinds but I have not been able to find what we need.

One thing is we are talking about "Vintage" cars on the "European 2WD..." thread. Most of us have and plan to run the newer "Classics" like the Motonica P8C. Some of us would rather run "Vintage" American Type, Pan cars, some both!! In order to run the Vintage with the Classic a diff would be a must, but to run a Vintage Only Class, maybe not....

I'll run either, both, or all three, if there were enough interest (and I can get to the races from South Carolina!). But the only practical class has to run cars and parts that are available and people that want to race them=Classic. imho
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #1335
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
not sure if we could get old school spur gears it would be easy. as of now was going too make 2 fronts (one for the monclava missle) for the 300
..I like that........."Monclova Missle" is going on the next 300BD body...