Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 01-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Mall is closed. Sears and Andersons remain open. Our track is fine and nothing to worry about. Pat is moving as we speak to a new location just up the road from the mall.
.........LON, will Pat's place be ready to run next week?..........im on vaca and want to throw the f1 down on the rug.........
Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.........LON, will Pat's place be ready to run next week?..........im on vaca and want to throw the f1 down on the rug.........
Matt-Fox news quotes Pat:

For Pat Falgout, re-opening Hobby Outfitters is priority number one. With the help of friends donating their time and construction expertise, Pat and his crew are putting in 10 hour days so they can open up shop by February first.

So it doesn't look like it ;-(

I was thinking of coming up aorund the 15th but it doesn't look good. Send me some pix of your F1!!

Happy New Year!
Ned
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Stolen from facebook.

Bobby Falgout
Can't wait to play with my car on Sunday if all goes well with set up

I'd say this week is going to be close. The following weekend we should be racing with no questions asked.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Default Start your own Pan Car Collection!

Originally Posted by 5italkart
thats nuts, i bet back when this car was new you could have paid for 5 of them for that
This one's for the hi-rollers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-8-...item3a6eb642e5
Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default very high roller

Originally Posted by aarcobra
great colection, curious too watch the bidding
Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Error One

99.9% sure that Roger Curtis from Associated had nothing to do with the Curtis car - my memory links that car with the people that made Citizenship radios.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hey there Rick,

Hope you're doing well. I've received several calls and messages lately for
Associated 300 & 500 stuff. Went through a bunch of it lastnight and found
Eight 500's (3 New), Three 300BD's (2 New), Thorp Cars, and a Ton of parts /
engines, pipes, headers and even a few of Ron's OPS's, Mondials and some of
Dick's K&B's, Rossi 5 ports and Novarossi 4 ports.

Brought back a Ton of Memories from racing at the THE RANCH and Kloeber's / Tempe, AZ.
Good times back then...

Amazing the interest now for the Vintage stuff.... Hang on to what you still have left
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BODZ Terry B.
Hey there Rick,

Hope you're doing well. I've received several calls and messages lately for
Associated 300 & 500 stuff. Went through a bunch of it lastnight and found
Eight 500's (3 New), Three 300BD's (2 New), Thorp Cars, and a Ton of parts /
engines, pipes, headers and even a few of Ron's OPS's, Mondials and some of
Dick's K&B's, Rossi 5 ports and Novarossi 4 ports.

Brought back a Ton of Memories from racing at the THE RANCH and Kloeber's / Tempe, AZ.
Good times back then...

Amazing the interest now for the Vintage stuff.... Hang on to what you still have left
vintage seems big in japan, some people have impressive colections. prices still seem steep for a shelf queen, great too see ricks 300 run last summer
Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Vintage 4WD Pan Car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kyos...item41611ef6ae
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

.........I know you have 4 large just burning a hole in your pocket , dont ya Ned?..........
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

....Hey Ned, that Ebay ad above aint squat.........you should buy this......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250965541605...84.m1438.l2649
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
vintage seems big in japan, some people have impressive colections. prices still seem steep for a shelf queen, great too see ricks 300 run last summer
Vintage is not very popular here at all,nor is anything nitro. Those crazy prices you see are from Hong Kong not Japan.Phanthoms run lower here than RC300 do in America.
The people here that have big collections have had them for 30 plus years or were factory staff.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

I was looking at a video of a championship race RC Car race over in France I just assumed it was 1/8 scale suspension cars. Later on much to my surprise I found out I was looking at pan cars!! I like to call these cars flex cars. It is too bad that some of you guys that have machinest skills don't start manufactoring similar cars over here , I bet they would catch on I would buy one. And build your own vaccum former and pull your own car bodies. I mean Delta started as a small midwest manufactor and look at how they grew until suspension cars !! I live in the midwest during the late 70's and 80's everybody in my area was running Delta they shared their speed secreats and provided good customer service . The key elements in my opinion to a RC Company sucess.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Default $$$

.........I know you have 4 large just burning a hole in your pocket , dont ya Ned?..........
I checked-the 4 large musta burned the hole and fell out!!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Default New Pan Cars

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
I was looking at a video of a championship race RC Car race over in France I just assumed it was 1/8 scale suspension cars. Later on much to my surprise I found out I was looking at pan cars!! I like to call these cars flex cars. It is too bad that some of you guys that have machinest skills don't start manufactoring similar cars over here , I bet they would catch on I would buy one. And build your own vaccum former and pull your own car bodies. I mean Delta started as a small midwest manufactor and look at how they grew until suspension cars !! I live in the midwest during the late 70's and 80's everybody in my area was running Delta they shared their speed secreats and provided good customer service . The key elements in my opinion to a RC Company sucess.
Nitro-the European cars look like they would be "flex cars" but actually there is very little flex from side to side, the seperate plate for the front suspension seems to act as mainly a tweek adjustment. The big advantage over the Vintage Pan cars IMO, is the ability to adjust rear toe and camber and front caster and camber.
The real problem is the 1/8 nitro market is so small. The participation in the MWS is about half what it was 5 or so years ago. There are only real diehards left! I think at least one city that held a race in '11 will not be in '12.
I too would like to see an "Associated 300BD" clone made on CNC equipment set up to use modern wheels and tires and probably a .12 engine!
As far as sharing secrets and customer service, it really was great but it's probably better now with the internet etc. The factory and sponsored guys seem very helpful and information is freelly shared. My problem is the cars are so complicated and fast that I can't tell what's better or worse! Another reason to slow and simplify the cars. Heck a set-up board costs considerably more than a whole car, engine, radio, and spares did "in the day". We must be having more fun now tho......

Ned

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.