R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #1036
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 220?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
i figure its easier too stock up in the off season a little edge never hurts. i need too get 220 run in my shop before i can get started. also we should get moving on our group body order. my old 10l pan drives just like our 1/8th stuff. lots of laps on sun.
Joe,
If you are going ove to the "darkside" (modern pan car) why are you getting a mill? You can just spend the money for the mill on parts
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #1037
Tech Master

Quote:
i figure its easier too stock up in the off season a little edge never hurts. i need too get 220 run in my shop before i can get started. also we should get moving on our group body order. my old 10l pan drives just like our 1/8th stuff. lots of laps on sun.
..what mill you buying?......... i'm hoping to send you your package this week..........i'm sending you a servo saver and a NEW set of ball diff rims...( i have enough)......anything else you need?..........hopefully will go out thurs or fri.......also need parts machined for my ball diff car....the pieces that hold the bearings on my t-plate broke (delrin..i think Rick said)...i want aluminum.........(Rick was gonna c if he had more)......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #1038
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Joe,
If you are going ove to the "darkside" (modern pan car) why are you getting a mill? You can just spend the money for the mill on parts
......he said "darkside".........Lon is going to smash you for that.........
Old 11-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #1039
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
..what mill you buying?......... i'm hoping to send you your package this week..........i'm sending you a servo saver and a NEW set of ball diff rims...( i have enough)......anything else you need?..........hopefully will go out thurs or fri.......also need parts machined for my ball diff car....the pieces that hold the bearings on my t-plate broke (delrin..i think Rick said)...i want aluminum.........(Rick was gonna c if he had more)......
I think Joe is looking at getting a mill, he said he needed 220 and something about a catalog with a sale. I have a mini mill that works great-so far!!

I just tool the t-plate mount off my chassis and it's real simple to make, so if you need a pair, I'll gladly make 'em for you!!! Just say the word!!!

Have you found a place to get tire do-nuts? I planned on making some adapters to use the modern 4wd wheels/tires to get by that problem...
Old 11-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #1040
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
......he said "darkside".........Lon is going to smash you for that.........
who me????
Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #1041
Tech Master

Quote:
Have you found a place to get tire do-nuts? I planned on making some adapters to use the modern 4wd wheels/tires to get by that problem...
BSR has donuts..........
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #1042
Tech Master

Quote:
who me????
...yes you....
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #1043
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default the force is strong

Quote:
Joe,
getting a mill cause i can't resist making custom stuff for my cars. i'm still working on the 300 project. lots of ideas , the fun of these cars is you can do that. no luck with donuts from bsr, first project up is new front for 300 era cars maybe matt can be the test "mule"
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #1044
Tech Master

Quote:
getting a mill cause i can't resist making custom stuff for my cars. i'm still working on the 300 project. lots of ideas , the fun of these cars is you can do that. no luck with donuts from bsr, first project up is new front for 300 era cars maybe matt can be the test "mule"
...what do you mean no luck with donuts from BSR???...Lon II told me he had them?????
Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #1045
Tech Master

Default VIntage Pan Cars

Quote:
Great to hear you are still gonna work on our original ideas of updating the old cars! I want to try to build a "Stock" Vintage car and an "updated" version probablly based on Rick's t-plate chassis. I have lots of projects and probably won' get many of them done but it sure is fun messing around!
I'm getting a cad program to try to learn how to "draw" parts but if I learn that I'll want a CNC lathe and mill!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #1046
Tech Addict

Default mo better pan cars

Quote:
Great to hear you are still gonna work on our original ideas of updating the old cars! I want to try to build a "Stock" Vintage car and an "updated" version probablly based on Rick's t-plate chassis. I have lots of projects and probably won' get many of them done but it sure is fun messing around!
I'm getting a cad program to try to learn how to "draw" parts but if I learn that I'll want a CNC lathe and mill!!!
a co workers father in law has a used mill with some tooling and a digital readout. going too check it out sunday. bsr told me they had no 1/8th donuts.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #1047
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I found 2 pairs front 45 and 2 spairs rear 42 donuts. Who wants them?

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #1048
Tech Master

Default Mill

Quote:

a co workers father in law has a used mill with some tooling and a digital readout. going too check it out sunday. bsr told me they had no 1/8th donuts.
Great! I hope to get some readouts soon, I have issues counting revolutions and lining up tiny little marks! I guess our only way to get tires is to use the 4wd ones with some adapters. I've got some sketched out, hope to make 'em up after our Thanksgiving next week!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #1049
Tech Master

Quote:
Great! I hope to get some readouts soon, I have issues counting revolutions and lining up tiny little marks! I guess our only way to get tires is to use the 4wd ones with some adapters. I've got some sketched out, hope to make 'em up after our Thanksgiving next week!
i want a set.........name your price......killer...
Old 11-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #1050
Tech Addict

Default adapters

Quote:
i made a set of those this past summer i can send you a pic. you guys should jump on those donuts garin has.found a 3axis bench top cnc made in usa 6500$ new