R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #961
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any one know what this is? I know it's late 60's early 70's fiber glass,all aluminum,ron paris carb the twin tube exhuast is what hooks to engine.
https://picasaweb.google.com/mrdee01...eat=directlink
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #962
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Mysstery Solved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
any one know what this is? I know it's late 60's early 70's fiber glass,all aluminum,ron paris carb the twin tube exhuast is what hooks to engine.
That is a Dynamic Pan Car. Their first car was the famous suspension car with the "torque converter" trans-axle.
The car in the picture appears to be a completely stock set-up with a Dynamic heat sink and twin pipe exhaust. The carb appears to be the stock Veco Carb with the exhaust baffle linkage. This was used to help with a reliable idle in airplanes and carried over to cars for awhile.

What's the price? I would really like to have it!

Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #963
Tech Master

I found the pic's of the engine more then anything and it is a paris carb if the pic's were correct. I have it listed at 1500.00. thanks for letting me know what it is. pm me with offer
Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #964
Tech Master

Default Dynamic

Quote:
I found the pic's of the engine more then anything and it is a paris carb if the pic's were correct. I have it listed at 1500.00. thanks for letting me know what it is. pm me with offer
Sorry man, you're way out of my price range!! ;-) But where ever you saw pictures of a Veco with that carb called a "Ron Paris" is incorrect. It is the stock Veco .19 carb-that's all that was used in that time period. The most common replacement was the Perry Aeromotive Carb made of black or sometimes grey plastic. There is a chance that RP tweeked the carb somehow and had is initials on it but I'd bet money that he had nothing to do with the carb at all, he likely was not even into RC cars in 1971-72.

Good luck,
Ned
Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #965
Tech Master

I'll take your word for it. I know nothing of these early cars. I would like it if you made an offer. what do these normally go for? What ever I can get for it? I'm not into on road. I have a 2010 xray 808 that I run so hey pm me an offer. The main reason I put up that price is I saw a new heathkit (vintage) for 2500.00 I figured what the heck.
Also the engine is not froze up. still feels like it has compression. The carb will not move. And I have not tried to free it up.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #966
Tech Master

Quote:
I'll take your word for it. I know nothing of these early cars. I would like it if you made an offer. what do these normally go for? What ever I can get for it? I'm not into on road. I have a 2010 xray 808 that I run so hey pm me an offer. The main reason I put up that price is I saw a new heathkit (vintage) for 2500.00 I figured what the heck.
Also the engine is not froze up. still feels like it has compression. The carb will not move. And I have not tried to free it up.
I have not seen that particular car for sale before. I think people are just fishing when prices are that high. New in the box, maybe, but not in the condition most are in. I just missed a Heathkit car in condition similar to your Dynamic for around $100 on eBay. The motors are available brand new for $69.00. The chassis is worth what someone will pay for it, you may get lucky! I would like to have one for "old time's sake". See what kind of offers you get and let me know. I'm interested but don't want to embarras myself!

Ned
Old 11-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #967
Tech Master

Ned your not embarrassing yourself. I'll leave it up for awhile and see what happens. I surely have no idea what some thing like this is worth. You just don't see them.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #968
Tech Regular

Default Get it

Ned, I think you really need this car. Think about it, if you hurt your ribs on my go kart, you don't need one of those $450,000 cars you're thinking about. Then buying this car would seem pretty cheap.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #969
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Ned, I think you really need this car. Think about it, if you hurt your ribs on my go kart, you don't need one of those $450,000 cars you're thinking about. Then buying this car would seem pretty cheap.
I was thinking of you buying the Can Am car, not me! And after all I'm retired on a fixed income and you get a pension and you are still working! I think you ought to buy it for me!!!!!

lol

Ned
Old 11-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #970
Tech Regular

Default GET REAL!!

I can never have enough money cause you keep finding ways for me to spend it! My only hope is to get you to run out of money while I still have some. Buy that car now!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #971
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
I can never have enough money cause you keep finding ways for me to spend it! My only hope is to get you to run out of money while I still have some. Buy that car now!
starting on the front braces, thinking of one for dennis as well. we need too work on getting matt too race his car
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #972
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
send your motor pics from last year too these dudes
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #973
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
send your motor pics from last year too these dudes
good idea.......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #974
Tech Regular

Default RIGHT YOU ARE

Matt runs good when he's on the track, I too wish he would race more. He needs a bite more help from Rick as running the older car isn't going to be easy. Ned seems to be going nuts with the old stuff too. That's fun but doesn't help much on race day! Rene Young run a P8C at the last 3 Cinni club races, plus they had some demo drives. She'll have her car ready next year and is another MWS racer. GET WITH THE PROGRAM MATT!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #975
Tech Master

Default Next year's Pan car motors

Just about ready to assembly my pan car power plants for next season! I also have another K&B to modify and assemble, it will be "full race"!
Attached Thumbnails
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-cimg0014.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-cimg0001.jpg