Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5italkart
pan cars are like chips can't stop at one!!. i will plan ahead for next years race. is that sr or ii burling ? joe
Lon Burling Sr.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pan Champ (OOPS)

pan cars are like chips can't stop at one!!. i will plan ahead for next years race. is that sr or ii burling ? joe
SR!! Jr (or II) has decided that running the pan and 4wd is not the thing to do. He has retired for at least the time being.

The main "featured" Lon, Denswife (Rene, Rene), me, and Jim running a GT car. I had just finished the 30min. 4wd B-main and got off to a shakey start. Lon took the lead early and was in control of the whole race. Rene was totaly enjoying her first drive with the Burling House Car and improved throughout the race. She was very aware of other cars and did a great job!
Lon continued to lead while I had the belt come off over the only bumps on the track at the end of the straight. (This had happened to me the day before while driving Sr's car- no brakes, right thru the boards!!!!)

All in all a great time!

Ned
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
SR!! Jr (or II) has decided that running the pan and 4wd is not the thing to do. He has retired for at least the time being.

The main "featured" Lon, Denswife (Rene, Rene), me, and Jim running a GT car. I had just finished the 30min. 4wd B-main and got off to a shakey start. Lon took the lead early and was in control of the whole race. Rene was totaly enjoying her first drive with the Burling House Car and improved throughout the race. She was very aware of other cars and did a great job!
Lon continued to lead while I had the belt come off over the only bumps on the track at the end of the straight. (This had happened to me the day before while driving Sr's car- no brakes, right thru the boards!!!!)

All in all a great time!

Ned
you had great weather too, hope we get more interest. hows the knee?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Update

you had great weather too, hope we get more interest. hows the knee?
Interest seems to be growing! Lon let Dorian run his car in one qualifier and he seemed to enjoy it. I understand he will be the MWS Director and it can't hurt to have him know they are good fun.

The knee is much better! Hardly notice any difference between the two now! (I guess that's good!?) Thanks for asking! :-)

We probably need to look at the rear belt issue. We know of four times they have come off and I'm going to try to make some nylon or teflon guides that will keep the belt on the pulleys. I think the chassis flexes over bumps or when dropped and the belt can get off. We think maybe it is more likely to come off under power than when coasting, but are not sure.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and didn't have to listen to too much "stuff".

Later,
Ned
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have had the rear belt pop off once, and that was after the 4th time my pit guy dropped my car back on the track after refueling, from about 1' up.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Default Belt Coming off

Originally Posted by garen
I have had the rear belt pop off once, and that was after the 4th time my pit guy dropped my car back on the track after refueling, from about 1' up.
Lon said the first time his came off was when the car was dropped by a pit man too! We are pretty sure the bumps were what caused the problem in Cinci. The track was very smooth everywhere except maybe about 20ft. from the hairpin at the end of the main straight. It was just at the point where you would be slowing for the turn, coasting or braking.
Lon on I both commented that in Toledo we noticed the bumps as chatter under acceleration and didn't have belt issues.

The season is just about overr here so we won't be able to do much until the spring ;-(
Old 10-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Interest seems to be growing! Lon let Dorian run his car in one qualifier and he seemed to enjoy it. I understand he will be the MWS Director and it can't hurt to have him know they are good fun.

The knee is much better! Hardly notice any difference between the two now! (I guess that's good!?) Thanks for asking! :-)

We probably need to look at the rear belt issue. We know of four times they have come off and I'm going to try to make some nylon or teflon guides that will keep the belt on the pulleys. I think the chassis flexes over bumps or when dropped and the belt can get off. We think maybe it is more likely to come off under power than when coasting, but are not sure.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and didn't have to listen to too much "stuff".

Later,
Ned
the guy with the most stuff too say was going on about going too some mountain in mexico. i looked at the clock and thought prob last qual. about now. had too much fun out doors having trouble getting into the indoor scene. saving my cash for "pan wars". will order some spares in the new year. took my car to the local track they did not know a 1/8th pan even existed. most of them are in there mid too late 20's
Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

the guy with the most stuff too say was going on about going too some mountain in mexico. i looked at the clock and thought prob last qual. about now. had too much fun out doors having trouble getting into the indoor scene. saving my cash for "pan wars". will order some spares in the new year. took my car to the local track they did not know a 1/8th pan even existed. most of them are in there mid too late 20's
Mexico??? Maybe he needs to stay in Mexico....

I had a great time in Cinci! Told my wife next year I can skip all the races between The winter nats (2nd place trophy) and the Snowball (TQ & 2nd place trophies)!!

We are starting a VTA class down here and have a "Breakout" class on the oval. Run what ya brung, but if you go faster than 8 seconds in any lap, it doesn't count. Fun racing but not like gas on-road. I can't wait to let you and Matt read some of the old racing papers I have! So interesting and so many times they saw what was coming and the cars looked SO GREAT!

Later,
Ned
Old 10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=aarcobra;9783806 Fun racing but not like gas on-road. I can't wait to let you and Matt read some of the old racing papers I have! So interesting and so many times they saw what was coming and the cars looked SO GREAT!

Later,
Ned[/QUOTE].scan them and link them here...........
Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Would you guys please post more pictures of your vintage RC Cars?/
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I received my dealer info from Delta in Italy and they are very proud of their stuff! Nice looking but probably a little higher than most will be willing to pay with shipping, exchange rate, etc. Once I get the Euro to dollar conversion I can post some prices. Parma and Serpent have yet to respond to see what boides may still be in stock.

Dennis
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

That doesn't sound good.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Would you guys please post more pictures of your vintage RC Cars?/
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=RC300010.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=RC300009.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...=RC2502001.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=RC250004.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=RC500009.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=RC500007.jpg
i sold the chain driven 500..still kicking myself
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=RC500006.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...C250500007.jpg
Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Taylorm really enjoyed looking at your cars.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Thanks Taylorm really enjoyed looking at your cars.
hey matt can you mail me a pattern too make my 300 bumper. nitrohead check out assoistas (prob spelled that wrong) those guys have some great cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.