R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #886
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Got a "ballpark" price from Parma-ABOUT $20.00 per body from .040 Lexan + shipping, 25 bodies minimum. We'll get sombody (Lon?) from Toledo to pick them up to save shipping!
They said they have nearly all the tooling and it just needs to be cleaned up and run......
$20 a body doesnt sound bad at all,does anybody else have anymore catalogs to look at? I do not know what else they have.

Just one thing I thought I would bring up is a lot of the old bodies have the driver right over the fuel tank for modern chassis cars. Something to think about for the Cam Am style bodies. Sedans not a big issue.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 10-05-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: more info
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #887
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Got a "ballpark" price from Parma-ABOUT $20.00 per body from .040 Lexan + shipping, 25 bodies minimum. We'll get sombody (Lon?) from Toledo to pick them up to save shipping!
They said they have nearly all the tooling and it just needs to be cleaned up and run......
......Ned, if they are about 20 bones each i will buy 5 myself to help get this done....
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #888
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Matt-I don't have any more information than I have passed on. ;-(
I think we do need more info, so I'll try to get another email off and see what Mike McDowell says.....

Any chance of you coming down to CIncy this weekend?

Ned
not a chance in hell...........i'm forced to work EVERY Saturday and am going back on Sunday shift starting this weekend for $ to pay for the billion dollars worth of bodies i want to buy for my pan-car....I told Joe from Canada we WILL make Cincy sometime next year.........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #889
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=27494 .....guys......was a Lancia Stratos an on road car or rally car???
scroll down on the above link for the BMW 320I.........cool....
also bigger pic of Parma ad http://www.rc10talk.com/download/fil...6863&mode=view
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................

Last edited by Taylorm; 10-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #890
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=27494 .....guys......was a Lancia Stratos an on road car or rally car???
scroll down on the above link for the BMW 320I.........cool....
also bigger pic of Parma ad http://www.rc10talk.com/download/fil...6863&mode=view
Matt-Stratos was a Rally version of a street car, I think. Bigger fender flares and stuff like that. The Parma picture you ref. is a different car, more of a sedan type converted to racing like the BMW.
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #891
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Parma Body Pricing????

I think we have a different intrepretation of the "25 piece" minimum order. I am assuming that the price is per body type, ie. 25pcs. of the Capri X $20.00= $500.00 worth of Capri's MINIMUM. 25pcs. of Porsche 917 X $20.00 = ANOTHER $500.00 etc.

I would think the issue is the mold prep and set-up. Parma cannot be sure every part is good and that the molds are "ready to go". Because of this they probably want to make enough of each type they run to cover their costs plus make something....

I will ask Mike about this and get back to y'all. Hope I'm wrong ;-)

Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #892
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Matt-Stratos was a Rally version of a street car, I think. Bigger fender flares and stuff like that. The Parma picture you ref. is a different car, more of a sedan type converted to racing like the BMW.
Lancia Stratos where raced in rally and Le Mans, used a Ferrari Dino V6.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 AM   #893
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
I think we have a different intrepretation of the "25 piece" minimum order. I am assuming that the price is per body type, ie. 25pcs. of the Capri X $20.00= $500.00 worth of Capri's MINIMUM. 25pcs. of Porsche 917 X $20.00 = ANOTHER $500.00 etc.

I would think the issue is the mold prep and set-up. Parma cannot be sure every part is good and that the molds are "ready to go". Because of this they probably want to make enough of each type they run to cover their costs plus make something....

I will ask Mike about this and get back to y'all. Hope I'm wrong ;-)

Ned
I understand what they cost,just the people here can agree on what they want. It like trying to order a pizza for 5 different people,I used stand this also. What do you want? That might start it off better.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #894
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
I understand what they cost,just the people here can agree on what they want. It like trying to order a pizza for 5 different people,I used stand this also. What do you want? That might start it off better.
I think some people understand and maybe some don't.... I will try to find out and post.

Anyone that knows what they want, Post, PM, or E-mail me and I'll keep track. I still have the list for DeltaPlastik and from that I don't see guys wanting 5 to 10 to 15 of the same body when we didn't even get to 20 with a much greater variety, maybe I'm wrong.

LEt me know!

Thanks,
Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #895
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 557
Smile

Historic Paint Jobs & Lettering http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues.../now-and-again

A Parma Kroll CanAm Parma #1218 (with the driver cutout to fit the Motonica Gas Tank) painted with the typical Flame RC Paint Job or a Blitz Lola painted and lettered in Gulf Racing colors. Which is more appealing? Just a thought.

You want a unique look. Perhaps taking ideas from the Porsche Cayman Race Series which is run at Historic Races could be an alternative. They use Modern Cars with Historic Paint. Simple.
__________________
Number 49 Lou's Speedway Canada, Honda House www.hondahouse.com

Last edited by ElliotCanada; 10-06-2011 at 11:07 AM.
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #896
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
.i see em.......no one wants bodies???.............this idea died fast.........
hey matt did you get my email bout the guy with assoiated stuff? has lola vds 45$
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #897
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 2011 Snowball Rally-Pan Car Class

Lon Burling is the 2011 Snowball Rally (and Region 5 ROAR?) Champion!!!!!
Four Motonica P8C cars and one GT car showed up and when it was all over Lon dominated the 30 minute A Main.

A great racing weekend was had by all, be there next year!!!
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #898
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
hey matt did you get my email bout the guy with assoiated stuff? has lola vds 45$
.......no......BERT????
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #899
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Lon Burling is the 2011 Snowball Rally (and Region 5 ROAR?) Champion!!!!!
Four Motonica P8C cars and one GT car showed up and when it was all over Lon dominated the 30 minute A Main.

A great racing weekend was had by all, be there next year!!!
I'm glad you had fun! I hope this event continues to gain momentum and gets even bigger next year! I think I saw more grinning and smiling this weekend than the rest of the year combined. Thanks to Lon I now have to feed Rene's new addiction! I'm looking into some of the body items and I will see what I can find.

Dennis
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #900
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
I'm glad you had fun! I hope this event continues to gain momentum and gets even bigger next year! I think I saw more grinning and smiling this weekend than the rest of the year combined. Thanks to Lon I now have to feed Rene's new addiction! I'm looking into some of the body items and I will see what I can find.

Dennis
pan cars are like chips can't stop at one!!. i will plan ahead for next years race. is that sr or ii burling ? joe
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0