Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by senna555
Search Rally Game been out for years overseas and surprisingly not that popular...go figure...however redrc has some neat info.

http://www.redrc.net/2008/12/bmt-081...is/#more-12959

Same thing happened in offroad...whatever happened to that monster truck class...oh yeah it is called truggy...full out 1/8 car with bigger tires and more aero body.

Amber visor is the way to go.
"And now you're trashing truggies? what an idiot"
Old 10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed

"Pro" drivers have to race with the same stuff as us "newbies" do, maybe we'll see how good they really are too.
Believe me, you will and they are.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Is that because they are illegal or just because no one has showed up with one yet?
All the GT racing in North America for the past 3 years has a common understanding that that belt-drive "Rally-Game" cars aren'e "shaft-drive" GT cars, Some parts of the world do allow them to race together, but not in North American GT style racing.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Exactly speedy. This is how any new class goes. It's great in the beginning because the cars are cheap and simple, you don't need big HP because the handling and driving isn't quite world class yet and noobs can be competitive because everyone is a noob. But as soon as the class gets enough participation to attract the big dog manufacturers, you will see them make cars for the class and have drivers like Swauger, Burch an Paolo to deal with. Not quite as much fun for the noob anymore. Just look at 1/10th TC. Used to be noobs running HPI's all blinged out and having a blast, now it's all about worlds level competition and most of those HPI guys are gone or running Slashes instead.

So what does this mean for 2wd pan cars? Well, 1/12th scale has been around from the start and shows no sign of dying. Why? Cheap, simple, low maintenance racing fun with stable rules that don't allow any more technical complexity to creep in. Ten year old cars are still capable of winning major races. GT has all that except for the prohibitions on further tech. So I see 2wd pan cars as a potentially better option for an easy entry level nitro class. Right now GT may be just as good and appealing for that purpose but that will most likely change eventually.
Yes, I agree about what happened with 1/10th TC and not to mention it killed the 235mm class. I eluded to this in my first post on this thread.

Speedy,
I appreciate what you are saying about the GT class, however look at the topic of this thread. It does'nt say anything about the GT class. This thread was started to discuss The "1/8th scale pan car class" . I sure did not say anything about the GT class. If the GT class is your passion and you have a successful program at your track, thats great, I wish you well. Senna 555 got his say and you got your say. enough is enough with the insults. Now, can we please get back to thread topic? If you would like to stick around and discuss the topic, you are welcome.

Dale
Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Believe me, you will and they are.
I think the stars of GT racing will be GT racers, any "Pros" that come into North American style GT class racing will have to drive what "we" drive too.

Pan-Car guys....

senna opened his "pie-hole" trashing the GT cars and your thread went south.......

I wish you guys all the best with the new class, once you get it rolling, don't let anyone trash talk what your doing and it will grow well too.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Search Rally Game been out for years overseas and surprisingly not that popular...go figure...however redrc has some neat info.

Same thing happened in offroad...whatever happened to that monster truck class...oh yeah it is called truggy...full out 1/8 car with bigger tires and more aero body.

Amber visor is the way to go.
This IDIOT bashes anything he cant understand or doesnt like. Maybe all the hobby shops should stop selling monster trucks and truggys there 2 best sellers because Master Tech senna said so. What a AZZ His goal must be to piss off some off road guys now. Can't wait for his next quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think the stars of GT racing will be GT racers, any "Pros" that come into North American style GT class racing will have to drive what "we" drive too.
Just like every other class on earth, yet those guys win everything they race.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by djmachinist
Yes, I agree about what happened with 1/10th TC and not to mention it killed the 235mm class. I eluded to this in my first post on this thread.

Speedy,
I appreciate what you are saying about the GT class, however look at the topic of this thread. It does'nt say anything about the GT class. This thread was started to discuss The "1/8th scale pan car class" . I sure did not say anything about the GT class. If the GT class is your passion and you have a successful program at your track, thats great, I wish you well. Senna 555 got his say and you got your say. enough is enough with the insults. Now, can we please get back to thread topic? If you would like to stick around and discuss the topic, you are welcome.

Dale
You are right this is not the thread for this & I apologise to you and your fellow pan car owners. I hope senna learns to talk trash where know one else is reading ill beat he never had lunch money as a kid.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Just like every other class on earth, yet those guys win everything they race.
Not 100% true, the last 2 Byron's GT races at Leisure Hours were not won by "Pros",

More pan car pictures please........
Old 10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Argh....

Point with monster truck class and truggies was that it ruined it for the basher type racer. Monster truck were no longer competitive and thus ruining the class for the basher...same thing happened in touring car,200mm sedan etc.

Point is car need to be basic..point from the beginning.

Isnt their a thread about gt cars already. I am sure your time would be better spent their or on the who gives a s@%t thread.

Enjoy your gt race seems like you got something going in your area..good luck with that.

I dont think anyone posted a pic of this car...brx..I looked into this car also an was really expensive to import.

Cheers
Jamie Gonzalez
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-brx4-1.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

The BRX4 Red Ball is the best looking R/C car chassis I have ever seen http://rcretro.comhas a page with pictures of the classic chassis popular in Europe and links to thier websites
Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Argh....

Point with monster truck class and truggies was that it ruined it for the basher type racer. Monster truck were no longer competitive and thus ruining the class for the basher...same thing happened in touring car,200mm sedan etc.

Point is car need to be basic..point from the beginning.

Isnt their a thread about gt cars already. I am sure your time would be better spent their or on the who gives a s@%t thread.

Enjoy your gt race seems like you got something going in your area..good luck with that.

I dont think anyone posted a pic of this car...brx..I looked into this car also an was really expensive to import.

Cheers
Jamie Gonzalez
Arghhh... My azz

Now you try and play some magic trick to defending your last brainstorm statement on bashing M trucks and truggy’s are you for real? You always have this so called POINT that defends one of your statements and criticizes yourself all at the same time. So in all this you are saying and I quote "Point is car need to be basic..Point from the beginning" Then what’s with all the BS in ALL YOUR LAST 10 STATEMENTS.

Who started bashing GT's ON THIS THREAD could it be senna, who started bashing buggy’s on this thread Master idiot senna, who bashed truggy’s, monster trucks, and whatever this wanna be non chassis tuning helmet head wearing MFer felt like bashing could it be senna? Why don’t you do us all a favor and you start a who gives a @#$%^&* thread about whatever you don’t like today and leave us alone you arrogant azzhole. I can’t wait to someday meet your arrogant punk azz and see if you still have these massive internet muscles that just make so many new RC peeps want to actually race at your track LMAO. As to you trying to keep face on this thread and put a little picture in here or there plzzzz ... Talk about the topic on thread and no one will mess with you, get off topic and be ready to be called out. Keep it up Master Idiot………

Last edited by *1speedy; 10-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Here you Go Dale & Juan...

Here you Go Dale & Juan...

As promissed, here's a few from the shop and a couple of Brand new ones.
Couldn't forget a stack of Elfins, Nissan and the Greenwood Corvette.
In the last picture you'll see a portion of a Formula 1 body as you mentioned
in your post earlier. 1/8 Scale Open Wheel Cars can Launch pretty high when
they brush up against each other...

Take care!

Terry
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dsc09814.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dsc09815.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dsc09810.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dsc09812.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pan-Car guys....

senna opened his "pie-hole" trashing the GT cars and your thread went south.......

I wish you guys all the best with the new class, once you get it rolling, don't let anyone trash talk what your doing and it will grow well too.
+1 To What Jspeed said hope your class does Great !!!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Agreed. While I like suspension, the appeal to me for this class is the rugged, reliable, low maintenance design and cheap motors. I love full blown, balls to the wall 1/8th scale racing but it is a LOT of work.
.....agreed also.i have an old Associated RC250 ready to go with a cheap O.S. VG .21........

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d.../RC2502001.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...m/RC250004.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...m/RC250001.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.