R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #856
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
How thick are they?
One of them said 1mm BUt I will check when i get home to be sure.
Just checked they are 1mm

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 10-01-2011 at 10:24 AM.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #857
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Default pan class

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Noted!
Your right Rick pan car class should be soild rear axle with a gear or ball diff and i no new cars will have dog bone rear ends but thyere plenty of rc250 delta super js i have one on shelf with shadow body to use.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #858
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey y'all! I have some news on getting some vintage bodies for our Pan car adventure. Thanks to Rick Davis's tip I contacted Mike McDowell at Parma and he answered that he would be glad to make special runs of bodies (that they still have molds for) in lots of 25pcs.
I need a list of what guys would like and then I can check with Mike and see what the details would be as far as cost and delivery. ;-)

He also gave me the name of a guy that has had some special runs of 1/8 bodies made and may have some excess inventory he may want to sell! I'll try to get in touch with him and see what he may have available.

I have just recieved a treasure trove of old R/C racing papers and ads from Herb Zieman via Dick Zimmerman (One-Eighth Racers Charter Members) and I will scan the Parma pix of bodies to help with the process.

Wait 'til you see some of this info! ROAR RevUps from 1971-1972!!
great keep us updated! i'm rebuilding my 300 too more original spec. so i'll need one. good luck in cinci you may need a hudy luxury heater
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #859
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
great keep us updated! i'm rebuilding my 300 too more original spec. so i'll need one. good luck in cinci you may need a hudy luxury heater
joe, you coming to help tear aprt the track tomorrow???.i know your not you deadbeat.............just kidding.........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #860
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Talking about old bodies.
I just recieved 5 different bodies from Delta Plastik
If somebody want information about the bodies I will be glad to share.

I have the BMW M1
Toyota Celica
Budwieser
Chevron BMW
Sorbello
I am re selling these in Japan,but it is very easy to buy from Delta Plastik and the bodies look good.
Dont ask about handleing,you know they suck compaired to modern bodies

So if you have questions I can answer them to help out
......are they real clear?......on the website they almost look as if they aren't crystal clear.....????
Old 10-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pan Car Definition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
Your right Rick pan car class should be soild rear axle with a gear or ball diff and i no new cars will have dog bone rear ends but thyere plenty of rc250 delta super js i have one on shelf with shadow body to use.
I don't think Rick was referring to straight axle vs. dog bones in his comment. I believe when suspension cars like the Associated 500 where run with solid bars in place of the shocks was the point. (Rick-comment???)

You may know where there are "plenty" of those old cars, i don't, i'll bet they are very expensive and parts are either non-existant or very, very expensive. On top of that, they get more valuable all the time, probably not a good choice for most. (Matt Taylor and I, for two, would like any leads you can provide on old pan stuff.)

Our intent is and has been to allow the old "vintage" true pan cars with "solid/straight" rear axles to run with the "modern" pan cars with dog bones and adjustable rear toe, camber etc. but to have fewer restrictions on the Vintage cars, maybe a 5 pound minimum weight instead of 5.5 for example.

I don't believe it is practical to limit the class to obsolete cars with no availibility of parts. And I say this, planning to build and hopefully race a vintage MRP 180 (If i can find one ;-)).

Also, remember these rules are for the Toledo Club first and hopefully would be adopted by the MidWest Series if there is sufficient interest. Although I was involved with the MWS YEARS ago ;-), I have no idea how/who to approach to try to add the pans as a class. I think the Lon's will take care of that.

Ned

Last edited by aarcobra; 10-01-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added thought
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #862
Tech Master

Quote:
I have just recieved a treasure trove of old R/C racing papers and ads from Herb Zieman via Dick Zimmerman (One-Eighth Racers Charter Members) and I will scan the Parma pix of bodies to help with the process.

......some old Parma ads i found..........Ned, did Ken tell you what molds he still has???
...I really dig the Toyota and BMW 320....AWESOME..But i would trade my children for an Associated 1/8 Datsun.....

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...parma1980b.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...parma1980a.jpg
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...dybrochure.jpg
Old 10-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #863
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
......are they real clear?......on the website they almost look as if they aren't crystal clear.....????
They are clear,most of the pcitures on the Delta Plasik website are from old SG catalogs. SO you have to understand that the catalogs are 20 years old.
A few of the bodies I have still say SG on them. That being said they do have some little bumps on them here and there,but its not that bad.
I will post pictures when I get a chance.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #864
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey y'all! I have some news on getting some vintage bodies for our Pan car adventure. Thanks to Rick Davis's tip I contacted Mike McDowell at Parma and he answered that he would be glad to make special runs of bodies (that they still have molds for) in lots of 25pcs.
I need a list of what guys would like and then I can check with Mike and see what the details would be as far as cost and delivery. ;-)

He also gave me the name of a guy that has had some special runs of 1/8 bodies made and may have some excess inventory he may want to sell! I'll try to get in touch with him and see what he may have available.

If you do get Parma to make any old 1/8th scale bodies I will buy 5 to 10 of them.
But this is got to be at least the 10th time I have heard of somebody contacting Parma,Parma sure then Parma never contacts the person again.
SO I am not holding my breath but I will spend the money,I am not blowing up your skirt. I hope Parma comes through.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #865
Tech Master

Default Bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
If you do get Parma to make any old 1/8th scale bodies I will buy 5 to 10 of them.
But this is got to be at least the 10th time I have heard of somebody contacting Parma,Parma sure then Parma never contacts the person again.
SO I am not holding my breath but I will spend the money,I am not blowing up your skirt. I hope Parma comes through.
Thanks for the offer to help with the buy! The E-mail I received sounds promising, I need to get a list of what we want and Mike said he would let us know details.

Ned
Old 10-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #866
Tech Master

Default Body Molds

Quote:
......some old Parma ads i found..........Ned, did Ken tell you what molds he still has???
...I really dig the Toyota and BMW 320....AWESOME..But i would trade my children for an Associated 1/8 Datsun.....

Matt,
No he said we should tell him what we want and he'll let us know what he can do. I guess maybe he doesn't have a list, just checks when someone asks. thanks for the Parma ads.

LET THE REQUESTS BEGIN!!! (remember there is a 25pc. Minimum of any body
so let's try to agree the best we can ;-))

Ned
Old 10-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #867
Tech Master

im willing to buy what anyone else wants to get to the 25 piece minimun.........EVERYONE vote Toyota body..........
Old 10-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #868
Tech Addict

Quote:
joe, you coming to help tear aprt the track tomorrow???.i know your not you deadbeat.............just kidding.........
ah yes too help my deadbeat status check your email i think i found some bodies and other stuff. still no diff wheel
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #869
Tech Master

Default Vintage Bodies for Pan Cars

Where is the interest in the Vintage Bodies? Does anyone want to see if we can agree on which Parma bodies we would like to order? Twenty five pieces is a lot but we could sell the extras, "bakaguyjean" has said he'd take 5 to 10.

Let me know...

Still interested in the DeltaPlastique bodies?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #870
Tech Master

Quote:
Where is the interest in the Vintage Bodies? Does anyone want to see if we can agree on which Parma bodies we would like to order? Twenty five pieces is a lot but we could sell the extras, "bakaguyjean" has said he'd take 5 to 10.

Let me know...

Still interested in the DeltaPlastique bodies?
.......Ned, was a price given to you for each piece???..just wondering what Ken wants for each body???