R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #841
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
I ran the kit motor with a novarossi 2015 pipe since the pan car pipe was very crushed. Jeff and I both thought really hard about running hotter motors but thought better of it. We didn't want the rath of the pan guys to come crashing down on us. Brent G is also thinking about getting a pan car now. I told him he could try running mine this weekend to see if he liked it.
hope he does the more the better.
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #842
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,402
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
he told me most molds of this type are cast most likely aluminum with the suction pipes cast in place. so when the 3d shape is cut you just clean out the end.
This type of thing is what most of the backpour guys use- aluminum filled epoxy resin http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Pl...158/index.html

There are some guys on rc10talk.com who have done their own backpour molds for things like original JRX2 bodies. If you go over there, I'm sure they would love to help, as there are several vintage 1/8 collectors who hang out.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #843
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
This type of thing is what most of the backpour guys use- aluminum filled epoxy resin http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Pl...158/index.html

There are some guys on rc10talk.com who have done their own backpour molds for things like original JRX2 bodies. If you go over there, I'm sure they would love to help, as there are several vintage 1/8 collectors who hang out.
thanks for the input
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #844
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
This type of thing is what most of the backpour guys use- aluminum filled epoxy resin http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Pl...158/index.html

There are some guys on rc10talk.com who have done their own backpour molds for things like original JRX2 bodies. If you go over there, I'm sure they would love to help, as there are several vintage 1/8 collectors who hang out.
91.57 a gallon??..............i think i have a cheaper way..........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #845
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Thumbs up THANK-YOU Garen!

While owning my 3 P8Cs for several years, it wasn't till this last season that I got to enjoy them. A little beefing up on the front ends and they are rock solid performers. The motors have run strong with no problems, throw in the cool GT bodies and we've had a blast with em.
Motonica and yourself are offering the US RC racer a very reasonable, strong, and fun package, THANK-YOU!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #846
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
While owning my 3 P8Cs for several years, it wasn't till this last season that I got to enjoy them. A little beefing up on the front ends and they are rock solid performers. The motors have run strong with no problems, throw in the cool GT bodies and we've had a blast with em.
Motonica and yourself are offering the US RC racer a very reasonable, strong, and fun package, THANK-YOU!!
i agree !! never heard so much laughing on the drivers stand
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #847
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Lon Sr., and Ned are planning on running the snow ball ralley in cinci next weekend. Any of you other pan car guys planning on making the trip?
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #848
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,737
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
91.57 a gallon??..............i think i have a cheaper way..........
Plaster of paris, Ive done this before
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #849
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Didn`t somebody make a chassis that came with a motor and pipe set? Or am I mistaken,I tried to find it but haven`t been able to. Any help would be nice.
Thank you
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #850
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Didn`t somebody make a chassis that came with a motor and pipe set? Or am I mistaken,I tried to find it but haven`t been able to. Any help would be nice.
Thank you
http://www.motonica-usa.com/P8C.html
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #851
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Vintage Body Update

Hey y'all! I have some news on getting some vintage bodies for our Pan car adventure. Thanks to Rick Davis's tip I contacted Mike McDowell at Parma and he answered that he would be glad to make special runs of bodies (that they still have molds for) in lots of 25pcs.
I need a list of what guys would like and then I can check with Mike and see what the details would be as far as cost and delivery. ;-)

He also gave me the name of a guy that has had some special runs of 1/8 bodies made and may have some excess inventory he may want to sell! I'll try to get in touch with him and see what he may have available.

I have just recieved a treasure trove of old R/C racing papers and ads from Herb Zieman via Dick Zimmerman (One-Eighth Racers Charter Members) and I will scan the Parma pix of bodies to help with the process.

Wait 'til you see some of this info! ROAR RevUps from 1971-1972!!
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #852
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Molds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Plaster of paris, Ive done this before
I think I can get molds made but how/where do you get the bodies pulled?
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #853
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
I think I can get molds made but how/where do you get the bodies pulled?
we either find someone with a vacuum former or build one...........
http://www.tk560.com/vactable4.html
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #854
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Talking about old bodies.
I just recieved 5 different bodies from Delta Plastik
If somebody want information about the bodies I will be glad to share.

I have the BMW M1
Toyota Celica
Budwieser
Chevron BMW
Sorbello
I am re selling these in Japan,but it is very easy to buy from Delta Plastik and the bodies look good.
Dont ask about handleing,you know they suck compaired to modern bodies

So if you have questions I can answer them to help out
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #855
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Talking about old bodies.
I just recieved 5 different bodies from Delta Plastik
If somebody want information about the bodies I will be glad to share.

I have the BMW M1
Toyota Celica
Budwieser
Chevron BMW
Sorbello
I am re selling these in Japan,but it is very easy to buy from Delta Plastik and the bodies look good.
Dont ask about handleing,you know they suck compaired to modern bodies

So if you have questions I can answer them to help out
How thick are they?
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:20 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0