Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
Yawn.
My bad this is the guy everyone has been talking about that wears that stupid yellow helmet while on the drivers stand now I understand.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I will say this much. I do think GT is ultimately doomed. Not right now. Right now it seems like a great class. It will be doomed the day someone like Serpent or Mugen decides to build a full blown race car just for the class instead of a revamped buggy. Then it will be just as expensive, demanding and difficult as 1/8th so why bother.
Too late to....already being done overseas...it is an 1/8 car with sedan tires.

Boy that sure is a nice track
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-bmt081-1.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-cfr.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-tracksky.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looks like a rally car. How long before someone imports one to the states for GT use?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

I should try the yellow helmet..works for hamilton and senna...maybe it will work for rc...real question is what color visor..i am thinking amber!

Cheers and especially to the gt racers enjoy your race and good luck.

Jamie Gonzalez
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Lord

Amber for low light/night.

Grey or bronze tint for bright sun light.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

word!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will say this much. I do think GT is ultimately doomed. Not right now. Right now it seems like a great class. It will be doomed the day someone like Serpent or Mugen decides to build a full blown race car just for the class instead of a revamped buggy. Then it will be just as expensive, demanding and difficult as 1/8th so why bother.
Our hope is this class will evolve like all the others that are there now. As to this class getting as demanding & difficult or as expensive as the 1/8th classes that you are suggesting I would cautiously say this was never the direction that this class had chosen however these so mentioned buggy characteristics are the exact ones that make this class so enjoyable for us that so passionately enjoy it. Fair to say if those other companies that you mentioned were involved I could easily see the expense going through the roof but I agree with you to say it will not happen any time soon.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

smh yall too much!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by senna555
Too late to....already being done overseas...it is an 1/8 car with sedan tires.

Boy that sure is a nice track
LMAO you did a frantic google search for these cars after you shot your mouth off they have been out for at least 2 years now. These cars are not part of the GT class maybe you should of took a extra min with your visor up. Guess you had your helmet on again
Old 10-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Exactly speedy. This is how any new class goes. It's great in the beginning because the cars are cheap and simple, you don't need big HP because the handling and driving isn't quite world class yet and noobs can be competitive because everyone is a noob. But as soon as the class gets enough participation to attract the big dog manufacturers, you will see them make cars for the class and have drivers like Swauger, Burch an Paolo to deal with. Not quite as much fun for the noob anymore. Just look at 1/10th TC. Used to be noobs running HPI's all blinged out and having a blast, now it's all about worlds level competition and most of those HPI guys are gone or running Slashes instead.

So what does this mean for 2wd pan cars? Well, 1/12th scale has been around from the start and shows no sign of dying. Why? Cheap, simple, low maintenance racing fun with stable rules that don't allow any more technical complexity to creep in. Ten year old cars are still capable of winning major races. GT has all that except for the prohibitions on further tech. So I see 2wd pan cars as a potentially better option for an easy entry level nitro class. Right now GT may be just as good and appealing for that purpose but that will most likely change eventually.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by *1speedy
LMAO you did a frantic google search for these cars after you shot your mouth off they have been out for at least 2 years now. These cars are not part of the GT class
Is that because they are illegal or just because no one has showed up with one yet?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Search Rally Game been out for years overseas and surprisingly not that popular...go figure...however redrc has some neat info.

http://www.redrc.net/2008/12/bmt-081...is/#more-12959

Same thing happened in offroad...whatever happened to that monster truck class...oh yeah it is called truggy...full out 1/8 car with bigger tires and more aero body.

Amber visor is the way to go.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Exactly speedy. This is how any new class goes. It's great in the beginning because the cars are cheap and simple, you don't need big HP because the handling and driving isn't quite world class yet and noobs can be competitive because everyone is a noob. But as soon as the class gets enough participation to attract the big dog manufacturers, you will see them make cars for the class and have drivers like Swauger, Burch an Paolo to deal with. Not quite as much fun for the noob anymore. Just look at 1/10th TC. Used to be noobs running HPI's all blinged out and having a blast, now it's all about worlds level competition and most of those HPI guys are gone or running Slashes instead.

So what does this mean for 2wd pan cars? Well, 1/12th scale has been around from the start and shows no sign of dying. Why? Cheap, simple, low maintenance racing fun with stable rules that don't allow any more technical complexity to creep in. Ten year old cars are still capable of winning major races. GT has all that except for the prohibitions on further tech. So I see 2wd pan cars as a potentially better option for an easy entry level nitro class. Right now GT may be just as good and appealing for that purpose but that will most likely change eventually.
Yup and the bird is the word.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Actually…. Belt-Drive “Rally-Game” type cars have been around for a while, not new to us GT racers at all.

They’re very cool cars that deserve their own category. More like a single speed 1/8 scale with big rubber tires, as GT racing grows they’ll be another class in “shaft drive” GT “rubber tire racing events.

What ever "Rally-Game" racers have done & do, has nothing the do with North American style GT racing.

"Pro" drivers have to race with the same stuff as us "newbies" do, maybe we'll see how good they really are too.

But............ we should really move this to the GT thread if you want to learn more about GT racing, for respect for the 1/8 Pan-Car racers.

If the Pan-Car" class does grow, I might want to race in it too and if by chance it wishes to try racing with rubber tires; Ipanema might help support it too.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly speedy. This is how any new class goes. It's great in the beginning because the cars are cheap and simple, you don't need big HP because the handling and driving isn't quite world class yet and noobs can be competitive because everyone is a noob. But as soon as the class gets enough participation to attract the big dog manufacturers, you will see them make cars for the class and have drivers like Swauger, Burch an Paolo to deal with. Not quite as much fun for the noob anymore. Just look at 1/10th TC. Used to be noobs running HPI's all blinged out and having a blast, now it's all about worlds level competition.

Well we have yet to see what will happen to the GT class it has been growing for a few years now and shows no sign of dyeing except at tracks that tech master senna is affiliated with. As to this thread and its 1/12 scale pan cars I say COOL and the more the better as we should all say about any class if we run it or not especially if we expect this sport to grow during these hard times. As to the opinion of GT being entry level that’s a different discussion and I understand why that is often quoted but it’s really not as accurate as it sounds, your chosen words of entry level can make this GT class sound unattractive and when at the track the people I see that no nothing of the sport love the other faster cars but always and I mean always talk to the GT people the more because of its realistic look and size. I don’t see this class leaving any time soon but you is entitled to your opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.