R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #676
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
A modern pan car with a GT body and 3 port motor is a very fun package. It's not cheap to buy, but still a great package. This car well not look like a slow 4wd.
Bolting a Flash in a pan car for any reason should be unacceptable. If you're in the right place, a $10 body can be found, anywhere else $25 to $30. Who are you fooling?
Sell or dump your old engine on a not as rich 4wd racer and buy a new 3 port. This is good cheap fun racing that some of us have enjoyed already, I've been there! You went to help our hobby, or the new guy? Leave it alone! The savings you are talking is B.S. If saving $30 is going to make the difference in getting into our hobby, stay out! We didn't get into R/C cars to save money, that goes for any new guys too! That seems like painting the wrong picture! Hell! Sell your Flash and buy the new guy a 3 port and a GT body.
We've seen simple in action and people like it, leave it alone.
LET'S RACE!!
How many 10 dollar bodies you want?
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #677
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

If I could make the cost of the GT bodies lower, I would, but right now I can't. Keep in mind though, the 2wd cars weigh less and go a little slower and based on my experience so far, bodies last a lot longer, especially the GT type.

By the way, the front knuckle mounts on the P8C have been beefed up quite a bit. I don't think they have been crash tested yet, but they should be better than before.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #678
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 557
Questions??

Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

I looked at a car this past weekend. Looks like Fun!

Thanks.
__________________
Number 49 Lou's Speedway Canada, Honda House www.hondahouse.com
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #679
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
OK, Good! Now before I come up to the MWS in a couple of weeks, tell me what happens if there are not six entries running in the Pan class. Lon I had said if there were not six we would run pan with the GT Class. (Another related question is what if six sign up and one or more drop out-can we still keep running?) I doubt the GT class in the MWS will allow "Lola" type bodies running with the buggy GT's.

I don't want to drive up and not be able to know what's what!

What are "TOP FUEL BODIES"?

By the way you'll get beat every time by more a more powerful car the is equally hooked up!

Matt, I'm jumping back and forth between the rules for next season and the rules for pan cars running in the Toledo MWS, Sept. 10 & 11. Since we're talking about pan cars, some of the decisions on the rules may be the same and have the same pros and cons. I just don't want to drive all the way up there and not know what's what. We have plenty of time to redo next seasons rules a hundered times befor spring!
i say we never run with the GT cars anymore ...they get their own class if 3 or more show up, right??...so why not our own class if 3 or more pans show up??......maybe Canada Joe or Rick could come up with some type of exhaust restrictor for us this winter................then the motors are a moot point.....the sports car bodies are cool....just not $50.00 a piece cool.........i say lets run any body except the "Top Fuel Bodies"..........the latest greatest 4wd bodies with the HUMONGOUS side dams....then guys also have a use for old unused 4wd bodies along with the too small 4wd tires
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #680
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
When I first brought out the P8C cars, they had weak front ends and sportscar bodies, interest was low. Ned's fix for the front end and the GT body has raised the interest allot! Those who have made the effort to get the cars have also gotten the GT body. The GT bodies seem to be holding up very well. I wish we had more choices, but for now we don't. These are the facts.
Now the guy running a old car with limited parts really should not be asked to buy a new motor or body, just let em run for the fun!(love watching those cars) Those who really look at this class as a dumping station for any old stuff they have laying around, well you're missing the point. I would think anyone with all that stuff laying around could easily afford a $50 body.
I'm not locked in on the GT, but I understand the value of something different running around the track. This would be a shot in the arm for our hobby. If your idea is to do what it takes to run the fastest lap time you can, GO TO 4WD!! Seems pretty simple to me.

aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #681
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
Serpent used to make quite a few GT bodies for 1/8th that cost the same as the regular bodies. They had McClarens, Porsche, Ferrari. I will see if they are still available.
Dennis
That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #682
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
A modern pan car with a GT body and 3 port motor is a very fun package. It's not cheap to buy, but still a great package. This car well not look like a slow 4wd.
Bolting a Flash in a pan car for any reason should be unacceptable. If you're in the right place, a $10 body can be found, anywhere else $25 to $30. Who are you fooling?
Sell or dump your old engine on a not as rich 4wd racer and buy a new 3 port. This is good cheap fun racing that some of us have enjoyed already, I've been there! You went to help our hobby, or the new guy? Leave it alone! The savings you are talking is B.S. If saving $30 is going to make the difference in getting into our hobby, stay out! We didn't get into R/C cars to save money, that goes for any new guys too! That seems like painting the wrong picture! Hell! Sell your Flash and buy the new guy a 3 port and a GT body.
We've seen simple in action and people like it, leave it alone.
LET'S RACE!!
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #683
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

I looked at a car this past weekend. Looks like Fun!

Thanks.
Great questions! Luckily we ahce a few months to figure out all the details! I would like to see different chassis used, now it's too much of a "Spec" class. So my 2 cents are that the Extreme would be fine, I'd like to see the French car with the ground effects! As far as bodies, I really would like something different, at least like Matt and II are talking about I think) the sports bodies without the huge side dams. Sedan bodies would be my preference but I do understand the cost and lack of availability. Something we used to do (I know, "nobody cares how you did it up north" or in the past BUT use Gt bodies half the season and sports the other half ;-).........
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #684
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
How many 10 dollar bodies you want?
Send me your lis of what is available.... (New, not used tho)
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #685
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

I looked at a car this past weekend. Looks like Fun!

Thanks.
great too hear from you john, i think the p8c is around because it has an importer, matt and i have found some other great looking cars but no way too get'm. for example bpengines has one but our favourate unobtainable is the lfbrain from mantura models however at 490 euro way too expencive. the p8c meets all our needs decent price and available. for now lets run whatever body each person has too use, then let majority rule and start fresh in the spring. i'm just happy too get too run midwest. as far as motors my kangaroo should prob. be the limit
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #686
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default motel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
How many 10 dollar bodies you want?
help !! want too stay at a motel i saw looks like it's off curtice road when i exit off 280, can't remember the name !!
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #687
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
help !! want too stay at a motel i saw looks like it's off curtice road when i exit off 280, can't remember the name !!
Right next to Meijer?
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #688
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

I looked at a car this past weekend. Looks like Fun!

Thanks.
I don't know what everyone else is thinking but I feel the class should be open to anyone who wants to run it. Ned, and Lon Sr. seem to think Jeff Z and myself should not be allowed to run it but I can't tell if they are joking or not about it. Jeff and I both feel its a class we could run as a 2nd class without all the work of a sedan or IGT car, plus get more use out of our 4wd parts.
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #689
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Send me your lis of what is available.... (New, not used tho)
You don't need help from a class wrecker like myself but I do have atleast 4 new out dated sports car bodies. I'm pretty sure everyone of them was free. Dontated by racers just looking to clear out junk.
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #690
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
You don't need help from a class wrecker like myself but I do have atleast 4 new out dated sports car bodies. I'm pretty sure everyone of them was free. Dontated by racers just looking to clear out junk.
I usually don't get on here and post a lot, but here is my two cents worth. The class should remain simple with simple rules that are in essence already there. 2wd 8th scale, what ever the stock motor lon is currently running, it is not to powerful and the guys using them are having no problems out of them, as soon as you start opening up the motors and the performance, trust me when I say this the class will fail. Keep the bodies the gt style that you guys have been running, this adds a little bit of a challenge to handling and driver skill, don't screw it up with allowing lola bodies, that is what 8th scale open is for.
mrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0