R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #571
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
.....just say NO to Jeff in pan class..........ringers are NOT invited..........thanks Lon for letting me run the car in qualifiers....i was looking forward to see if i could catch the old man in the main....stupid rain.........everyone running the pans is having a ball.........
Hey I like racing to.


Signed Jeff
__________________
Desoto Racing, Serpent America, Novarossi, KoPropo, Xceed.
2011, 2013, 2 Time Midwest Series 1/8th Open, Champion
2011 Byrons onroad 1/8th Open 3rd
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #572
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Lon
Instead of trying to track motor costs why don't you just mandate a small carb restrictor and maybe a pipe outlet maximum size - something easy to tech (oops bad word) and how about doing what some of the real car series do - add success weight.
i like the carb restrictor and success weight idea.........hey Rick, add a cinder block to your 966 so i can catch you sometime..........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #573
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
thats 3 days too long!!!. those guys were fast with the montonica's . i think some gt guys were not too impressed. guess they need a 1/8th luxury pan car
.would it be made of "Swiss 7075 Cheese?"
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #574
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 557
Default

I bought my first Nitro Car - one of Rick's Pan Cars from Rick in the early 90's, but I never ran it, ended up with a 235mm Impact. The Pan Class always appealed to me. I contacted Garen today about a Classic. Should be Fun. I would prefer the CanAm / LeMans Bodies.
__________________
Number 49 Lou's Speedway Canada, Honda House www.hondahouse.com
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #575
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Jeff and I both think running pan cars next year is the only possiable way we could run two classes at a club race. My car yesterday was just sitting there minding its own buisnesswhen I handed it over to jeff. He ran it then sat it back down. Matt ran it twice and I see someone changed front tires on the car at some point but other than that it was never touched that I know of.

I'd like to see the class grow into a fun class for everyone plus be a place a new guy could get his feet wet in on-road gas racing. IGT cars are to much work and junk right out of the box. Even a good IGT which mine was is still hard to drive without spinning out every corner and forget about a car right out of the box. I wouldn't get to worried about making rules at this point, of the guys out there I don't think anyone is thinking they need more power.
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #576
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

When it comes to making rules for our club I say we just name the person the rule was made for. Example would be

Lon Rule: No rubber bands, or belts can be used in any way to drive the front tires.

And having your name in the rules should bring much shame to your families honor.
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #577
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
I bought my first Nitro Car - one of Rick's Pan Cars from Rick in the early 90's, but I never ran it, ended up with a 235mm Impact. The Pan Class always appealed to me. I contacted Garen today about a Classic. Should be Fun. I would prefer the CanAm / LeMans Bodies.
You getting a pan car john?
I don't remember if it's Jon or John I just know in 94 I thought we had the best Midwest races in 1/10

See you around I hope
__________________
Desoto Racing, Serpent America, Novarossi, KoPropo, Xceed.
2011, 2013, 2 Time Midwest Series 1/8th Open, Champion
2011 Byrons onroad 1/8th Open 3rd
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #578
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Cool RULES

It's seems as if we already should plan for next year. While running with the GTs is very interesting, it sounds as if a pan class (3 or more, I have 3 myself) will be. At that point, it would appear that the CanAm type body would be the prefurred body(running CanAm for half the season and GT for the second half, was also brought up) Ricks suggestions are good ones, as are the Europeans. There are some fast guys who went to play too, they will win, but the lower tech cars will keep it close. No big prizes or championships are on the line, just good cheap racing fun.
Everyone that has expressed an interest in pan cars to me, has the same ideas about what should be. That's great! Let's put are heads together and think this out. I'll start things out. We will have a club club in the drivers stand, If anyone is taking their pan car racing to serious, we beat the hell out of them with the club club. We're open to suggestions at this time!
OK OK!! LOL! Let's not go rule nuts, but keep the ideas coming!! SEE, WE'RE ALREADY HAVING FUN!!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #579
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

I vote for the Ned rule. That would ban the use of any type of tube in the front of the car that can be used as a sway bar.
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #580
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
Jeff and I both think running pan cars next year is the only possiable way we could run two classes at a club race. My car yesterday was just sitting there minding its own buisnesswhen I handed it over to jeff. He ran it then sat it back down. Matt ran it twice and I see someone changed front tires on the car at some point but other than that it was never touched that I know of.

I'd like to see the class grow into a fun class for everyone plus be a place a new guy could get his feet wet in on-road gas racing. IGT cars are to much work and junk right out of the box. Even a good IGT which mine was is still hard to drive without spinning out every corner and forget about a car right out of the box. I wouldn't get to worried about making rules at this point, of the guys out there I don't think anyone is thinking they need more power.
agree about the running 2 car thing....i dont know how hammer is able to run a 1/8 and sedan.....its all i can do to be able to keep my 1/8 running.........i ran your dad down before the main was supposed to start to find new fronts. THATS ALL THAT WAS DONE TO IT ALL DAY!!!!!...... these are the ultimate newbie car......GT seems to me as labor intensive as a 1/8.........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #581
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
agree about the running 2 car thing....i dont know how hammer is able to run a 1/8 and sedan.....its all i can do to be able to keep my 1/8 running.........i ran your dad down before the main was supposed to start to find new fronts. THATS ALL THAT WAS DONE TO IT ALL DAY!!!!!...... these are the ultimate newbie car......GT seems to me as labor intensive as a 1/8.........
Maybe more so. My car would just fall apart driving around the track without hitting anything. Buggies are not made to have traction and once you get the chassis hooked up parts just start wearing out very fast!
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #582
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
Maybe more so. My car would just fall apart driving around the track without hitting anything. Buggies are not made to have traction and once you get the chassis hooked up parts just start wearing out very fast!
maybe at the last club race we come up with simple rules too start next year . the sucess weight sounds good also running each body 1/2 the season. the gt style will prob have more crowd appeal
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #583
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default World Domination

It seems to me that anything done to limit the motors would work on everyone, and the driver pecking order would remain unchanged. However the success weight idea would.
Rick, just how does this work?
Some fast guys went to play too, and that's good. However some guys went to dominate, not just win. Keeping that battle in 4wd and fun for all in pan cars should be our goal.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #584
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
It seems to me that anything done to limit the motors would work on everyone, and the driver pecking order would remain unchanged. However the success weight idea would.
Rick, just how does this work?
Some fast guys went to play too, and that's good. However some guys went to dominate, not just win. Keeping that battle in 4wd and fun for all in pan cars should be our goal.
I think the motor limits are not needed at this time. Weight rewards could be fun. Add 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 grams per win?
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #585
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I don't know what they do for full size cars, but I would think anything less than 100 grams would have little effect on a car's performance.

Any chance the Toledo club would consider have a pan class at next year's GLC?
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0