R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #3976
Tech Regular

Default motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
ok dudes i'm a season behind, what have you found in motors ?
MWS was won with a $200 5-port buggie motor. With 6 mm restricter, the 5-port out powers the 3-port. Tuttle can win with hardly any ports.

LET'S RACE SOME MORE!!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:10 AM   #3977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 202 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
MWS was won with a $200 5-port buggie motor. With 6 mm restricter, the 5-port out powers the 3-port. Tuttle can win with hardly any ports.

LET'S RACE SOME MORE!!!
Slight correction, 5port buggy motor with a 4.5mm restrictor.

I agree, lets race some more
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #3978
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

LET'S RACE SOME MORE!!!
looking forward too the spring, that's the style motor i'm getting
Old 01-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #3979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default Whiting's

We plan to run two pan cars at MWS races. Not sure who will run them but they will get a good work out I'm sure of that. I know of several others who are preparing pan cars for this year. Should be fun.

We plan to run the Novarossi ISON GT engine. This is a 5 port engine with the good crank. The head is too big but many of us have older Plus 35 heads or similar that could be used. So just to be clear...what restrictor will we need to use in this engine??

Jeff
Old 01-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #3980
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default MWS Pan Car Rules (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post
We plan to run two pan cars at MWS races. Not sure who will run them but they will get a good work out I'm sure of that. I know of several others who are preparing pan cars for this year. Should be fun.

We plan to run the Novarossi ISON GT engine. This is a 5 port engine with the good crank. The head is too big but many of us have older Plus 35 heads or similar that could be used. So just to be clear...what restrictor will we need to use in this engine??

Jeff
Jeff, this is what I found on this thread. On the MWS site the rules are blank...go figure. lol
(This is from Post 3702 I think. There may be more info in later posts, but this is probably correct.)

2014 2wd 1/8th pan rules.

Motors
3 port no restrictor .21 motors
4 ports 6mm restrictor.21 motors
5 port 6mm restrictor .21 motors

Tech for motors is as follows.
At most club races we will follow the honor system or fellow racer's tech.
What is this you might ask, if you or more then one fellow racer know's someone using a motor that does not fit the rules point it out, if you know of a motor that does not fit the rules point it out. If people point your motor out as not fitting the rules you will be asked to show it to Jeff Zuccarell, Jon Jon Strausbaugh, And lastly Lon Sr you will be allowed to finish that days race but it will not count and you will be asked to not run it at any following pan car races if you do try to run it again you will not be allowed to finish racing that day and you wont be allowed to enter again until you pre tech a motor that fits the rules.(This is a Limited motor class, much like "stock racing")

Tech at midwest and GLC
Pre tech, you will need to show who ever is in charge of tech and if no one is you will need to show Lon sr, myself, or Jon strausball the inside of your motor, remove the head and allow them to count your ports. you will get some kind of paint mark on that motor. if its a 4 or 5 port you will need to show your carb and restrictor it will be checked and paint marked. you can be spot chaked at any time. the top 3 cars will be checked after the final for ports and restrictor just the same way. the 4th place car may also be tech'd.

(we tried for 5.0mm restrictors but its just not a off the shelf item and if you can find it for one motor you cannot find it for another.)

With that said there are many many restrictors for almost every single motor @ 6mm.
Motors not allowed anything over 5 ports not 6 not 7 not 5+2, not 9

Bodies, you can use what you like vintage or what not, as a class you may follow the 1/8th 4wd body rules and dimensions as a baseline.

Really as neat as some of the other bodies may be the idea is to keep racing close and keep the cars easy to drive, 1/8th scale 4wd bodies have the most downforce and make the car easy to drive. These bodies are the most readlly available.

For fuel tanks and chassis rules follow 1/8th 4wd dimension's.
Chassis, cars can flex and follow the EU designs, just no shocks or springs suspension.

Weight, 2009 Roar weight 2270g Current

no 2 speeds or multi ratio transmissions

These are the General rules

These are also the General rules for the midwest series.(just waiting on the weight check) and 99% sure these will be the rules for the GLC for pan hope to have a large turn out..

We hope to grow keep growing this class and improve the racing, with any luck we will have 10+ at the GLC I myself keep thinking we may see 15 cars

Now that its all settled I want to see more design pictures and built 2wd pan car pictures.
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Vector03cobra; 12-22-2013 at 06:59 PM.
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #3981
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default Whiting's

Thanks. I do remember reading this. Just wasn't sure if the restricters had changed. 6mm it will be then for our engine choice.
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:02 AM   #3982
Tech Regular

Default OPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
Slight correction, 5port buggy motor with a 4.5mm restrictor.

I agree, lets race some more
How could I forget the 4.5 restrictor? That motors was very fast just the same, a fun set up for sure.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #3983
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 202 (100%+)

going to bump it up this year..................must go faster
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #3984
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Curious to know if anyone is still running a P8C? I am going to machine a few Delrin items, chassis stiffeners (harder) and fuel tank to chassis mounts in case anyone is interested. I will post pics once done. The fuel tank mount can be seen on my P8C with the direct mount servo.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #3985
Tech Addict

can anyone help me locate a complete assoiated off road clutch ? i see they go down small enough on the pinion for use on my rc300
Old 02-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #3986
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
can anyone help me locate a complete assoiated off road clutch ? i see they go down small enough on the pinion for use on my rc300
I have an old clutch bell from a 300bd - would that help
Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #3987
Tech Regular

Quote:
I lose the Nova Rossi clutch details, perhaps Ned can lay it out there again. Is that a spring loaded clutch you're looking for?

Joe, this is what I said to Matt. Have a solid performing car to race if you're making the effort to be there. A car that has you looking for parts already is most likely to not be that car. I understand the doing it your way and know that's a part of the hobby we need to see more of, but till you can get in some testing and build up a parts supply, you should have a primary race car and your project car.

Might be able to dig up some MRP clutch parts.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #3988
Tech Addict

Quote:
I lose the Nova Rossi clutch details, perhaps Ned can lay it out there again. Is that a spring loaded clutch you're looking for?

Joe, this is what I said to Matt. Have a solid performing car to race if you're making the effort to be there. A car that has you looking for parts already is most likely to not be that car. I understand the doing it your way and know that's a part of the hobby we need to see more of, but till you can get in some testing and build up a parts supply, you should have a primary race car and your project car.

Might be able to dig up some MRP clutch parts.
oh yeah i know what your saying. i'm just sort of putting stuff together, fun comes from building i had my eye on the mantua car then thought at the high cost i'm getting out driven anyway.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:28 AM   #3989
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As I recall Jeff Z had stipulated a transition in motor rule in 2015. Perhaps someone can ask him or dig around the thread. I recall the change but I think something is different this season.
MrHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #3990
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Changing Pan Car Rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
As I recall Jeff Z had stipulated a transition in motor rule in 2015. Perhaps someone can ask him or dig around the thread. I recall the change but I think something is different this season.
Jeff Z. is no longer involved with the rule making for pan cars, as far as I know. Why would we change? I say don't fix what is not broken....
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote