Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One more chance for Midwest area pan racers to strut their stuff this upcoming weekend in Cincinnati. We typically have a good pan turnout and the weather is supposed to be in the mid to upper sixties, so for another year the "Snowball" will not come into play!
Dennis
Old 10-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dyoung
One more chance for Midwest area pan racers to strut their stuff this upcoming weekend in Cincinnati. We typically have a good pan turnout and the weather is supposed to be in the mid to upper sixties, so for another year the "Snowball" will not come into play!
Dennis
Hope you guys have fun rolling around in snow, I need work so I cant play look forward to next year.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default South of the equator

Hottest Motonica speed secret has just filtered out of South America. They're having great luck running brazilian weight oil in their diffs.

Plastic WRC diff housing seems too weak.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Hottest Motonica speed secret has just filtered out of South America. They're having great luck running brazilian weight oil in their diffs.

Plastic WRC diff housing seems too weak.
MUST be coconut oil
Old 11-01-2014, 04:58 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question for the guys who are into vintage 1/8 cars.
Someone have any paperwork or scans for early Delta Dash cars or anything before Super-J? Also looking for pictures and paperwork for MRP and Thorp dragster.
Someone maybe have such cars?
Old 11-01-2014, 04:58 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry double post
Old 11-09-2014, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

curious to know if this class of 1/8th made its release in 2008 coming back onto the scene as i never seen or heard of this class.. great fun but seems like it didnt catch up overall.. but still is alive in parts of the USA , France , germany , australia... is it a steady growing class now with WRC racing producing their GT DUE pan car..
Old 11-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaRaceMasta
curious to know if this class of 1/8th made its release in 2008 coming back onto the scene as i never seen or heard of this class.. great fun but seems like it didnt catch up overall.. but still is alive in parts of the USA , France , germany , australia... is it a steady growing class now with WRC racing producing their GT DUE pan car..
In europe it has been around before then, many racing older cars, such as PB, Mantua and the likes. Not to mention many high quality scratch built cars. In Japan there are a couple racers that race restored vintage 1/8 Pan cars this too is hard to tell when they started.

Now as far as how much before 2008, would be based on the guys in France or Italy, as I think this is where the class basically started to make a comeback before becoming "noticed" by everyone else around the world. The BRX cars have been around since the early 90's and still have been updating their cars, their latest being the BRX5.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

great thanks for the info... also for those that have wondered what we could do to set the class apart from the suspension type 1/8ths... montonica makes a touring car body for the their club race packaged car.. refer bellow

http://www.motonica.it/en/products/CLUB-RACE_19

we could ask WRC to look into making this type of body for the car.. if not buy what montonica has..
Old 11-11-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaRaceMasta
great thanks for the info... also for those that have wondered what we could do to set the class apart from the suspension type 1/8ths... montonica makes a touring car body for the their club race packaged car.. refer bellow

http://www.motonica.it/en/products/CLUB-RACE_19

we could ask WRC to look into making this type of body for the car.. if not buy what montonica has..
The club race package did not sell well at all in Europe. You can't even get the P8F combo car anymore. Also the touring body is akin to the Ford Capri, Greenwood Vette and others that used to be race back in the day. The 4wd non suspension car was a novel idea to introduce younger racers. But it is much easier to use an older 4wd suspension chassis, as spares are easier to come by. BP racing in Italy only used their 4wd rigid car to svelope the drivetrain of their new 4wd suspension car.

Here in the US, I think the push is to go to F1 bodied racing in Classic 2wd, in Europe they run the current "slot car style" bodies.

WRC more than likely won't make a touring style body as there is no demand. In New Zealand there was a guy making vintage bodies (Historic RC) yet as nice as they were no one was buying.

Delta Plastik, makes clones of older SG, Parma and other bodies. Which you may like, given they just added a few more. It would be easier getting them from Europe as the US distributor does not keep the inventory up to date.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 11-11-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have a picture of an MRP car with Bob Welch in my photos section here plus a pic of a dragster.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
The club race package did not sell well at all in Europe. You can't even get the P8F combo car anymore. Also the touring body is akin to the Ford Capri, Greenwood Vette and others that used to be race back in the day. The 4wd non suspension car was a novel idea to introduce younger racers. But it is much easier to use an older 4wd suspension chassis, as spares are easier to come by. BP racing in Italy only used their 4wd rigid car to svelope the drivetrain of their new 4wd suspension car.

Here in the US, I think the push is to go to F1 bodied racing in Classic 2wd, in Europe they run the current "slot car style" bodies.

WRC more than likely won't make a touring style body as there is no demand. In New Zealand there was a guy making vintage bodies (Historic RC) yet as nice as they were no one was buying.

Delta Plastik, makes clones of older SG, Parma and other bodies. Which you may like, given they just added a few more. It would be easier getting them from Europe as the US distributor does not keep the inventory up to date.
Open wheel body yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2wd in Midwest USA

We have been working on getting the 2wd Pan up and running for about 4 years now. We've run old pan cars along with DFX, Motonica, and WRCs. Most of the stuff you guys are asking about, we have been living. I have a Motonica 4wd pan and it seems almost a waste, to fast for 2wd pan, to slow for 4wd. Don't get me wrong, it's neat. The more 2wd cars you can get on the track, the better and this car is only a distraction.

Running a different body so the class stands out, sounds good. We required GT bodies for several years to run with the GT cars. These cars were fun for sure as long as everyone runs them. As a racer, you will notice how much better a 2wd pan with a Can Am type body works. The pan does not have all the bells and whistles to get around the track, why not give it a good body? It makes it a better car to drive for everyone. To build up the class, I feel the better running car is more imported then a lesser car that looks neater.

Our 2015 season looks to be shaping up nicely, come to our neck of the woods and join the fun!
Old 11-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Das 1/8th Mopar;13660165] I have a Motonica 4wd pan and it seems almost a waste, to fast for 2wd pan, to slow for 4wd. Don't get me wrong, it's neat.
...........................Don't get me wrong , I think what you guys are attemping to do is great!!! But don't discount the 4wd pan car completley . When you live in an area that does not have a track and all you have to run on is untreated slick surface parking lot a 4wd pan car could come in handy. Somebody had a design for a 4wd pan car that looked very simple to make.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Here is an example of a simple design 4wd done by a shop teacher downunder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.