R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #3886
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Pan cars are much less set up and work.

We just got done running our GLC here Toledo. There were 14 pan cars and we had a ball. This is not a race report so you'll have to look else where for results, however I will point out that there were 2 Edam, 1 Motonica, and 11 WRCs. If you had ever watched a pan car race, most of these questions would be ansewered. Top 5 cars were teched (using MWS rules) closely and not everybody came out OK.
Jason Irwin brought 4 WRC kits with him and they were gone in the end. Next year is all ready looking stronger.
Point being that in the Midwest, more and more people are seeing the worth of 2wd pan. It's not suppose to replace 4 wd but live right along side of it as a choice for those that don't went the cost or work a 4wd needs. Works much better to get started in 1/8th scale on road too.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #3887
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
We just got done running our GLC here Toledo. There were 14 pan cars and we had a ball. This is not a race report so you'll have to look else where for results, however I will point out that there were 2 Edam, 1 Motonica, and 11 WRCs. If you had ever watched a pan car race, most of these questions would be ansewered. Top 5 cars were teched (using MWS rules) closely and not everybody came out OK.
Jason Irwin brought 4 WRC kits with him and they were gone in the end. Next year is all ready looking stronger.
Point being that in the Midwest, more and more people are seeing the worth of 2wd pan. It's not suppose to replace 4 wd but live right along side of it as a choice for those that don't went the cost or work a 4wd needs. Works much better to get started in 1/8th scale on road too.
you said it sr. as of today i'm going thru my stuff looking to next year. entry at the club seems evenly split. i'm leaning towards the pan but not sure on my scratch project or a new car.
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #3888
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
you said it sr. as of today i'm going thru my stuff looking to next year. entry at the club seems evenly split. i'm leaning towards the pan but not sure on my scratch project or a new car.
Not sure???... With your mad skills???... Get
machining boy... You have MONTHS now...
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #3889
Tech Fanatic
 
mcsquish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Live at work, play in Toledo, OH
Posts: 826
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I wish I would have won the kit.....
__________________
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #3890
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default More racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
you said it sr. as of today i'm going thru my stuff looking to next year. entry at the club seems evenly split. i'm leaning towards the pan but not sure on my scratch project or a new car.
Yours and Matt's cars are very cool for sure, however I'm sure you'll get in much more racing with a kit car. It's sort of fun how different people are building the same car.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #3891
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Winner, winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
I wish I would have won the kit.....
Always think of you as a winner!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #3892
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Always think of you as a winner!
so who were the winners from the various classes on sunday? someone posted on the canadian version of this site a new on road 9 port from mugen made by the good folks at nova rossi called the bt19. i said great now all we need is on road racing.
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #3893
Tech Master
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 1,319
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Guys wanted to ask, what bodies is everyone running. I have a bunch of Lolas - Serpent, HPI and Mugen's. As such that is what is mounted at this time.

I also understand that Delta Plastik has made it to the US, yet how many of their bodies are seen out on the Track.

Lastly, has anyone played with wings? I know the new bodies are just "down force generators", but remember when the bodies were not so aggressive and we ran wings.

Please pardon all the questions.

Slowly getting back into it, and perhaps may head out to Mikes to do a few laps.
__________________
-if you can't get ahold of me I am probably working, and that's out in the ocean. So please have patience when trying to correspond. - Thank you.
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #3894
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Thanks for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Guys wanted to ask, what bodies is everyone running. I have a bunch of Lolas - Serpent, HPI and Mugen's. As such that is what is mounted at this time.

I also understand that Delta Plastik has made it to the US, yet how many of their bodies are seen out on the Track.

Lastly, has anyone played with wings? I know the new bodies are just "down force generators", but remember when the bodies were not so aggressive and we ran wings.

Please pardon all the questions.

Slowly getting back into it, and perhaps may head out to Mikes to do a few laps.
Of the guys and gale running in the Toledo and MWS 2wd pan cars, I've have run the old bodies most. Of course the older bodies needed wing, but the newer ones have a adjustable lip or dam on the back, so yes we are playing with wings.

I can't speak for everyone, but my grand kids and myself grab what ever is laying around.The newer bodies have a slight edge on the older bodies. The old bodies can put on a good fight, but it's up hill to the front of the pack. I've won a few club and MWS races running a MRP Frizzbee, wish I could find another, it was neat! There have been some Delta Plastik bodies popping up every now and then and I have 6 or 7 laying around waiting their turn.

I'm talking 2wd pan only, 4wd needs the best of everything and a deep pocket.

What Mike are you speaking of? All the Mikes I know are characters, but in RC racing (like some TV shows), Characters are welcome!

COME PLAY!! LET"S RACE SOME MORE!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #3895
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Some Fast Guys!

In Toledo today we were treated to some real strong 2wd pan racing. Rick Davies took the win while breaking in a motor, thanks to Jeff Z. hitting something and popping off a belt (we only have one) with less then a minute to go. Rick and Joe Tuttle were right on him and got by. Ned and I fought back and fourth for 4th place in a real close and fun race. I'd like to thank everyone that raced for the great time!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #3896
Tech Addict
 
gary47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE WI
Posts: 639
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
In Toledo today we were treated to some real strong 2wd pan racing. Rick Davies took the win while breaking in a motor, thanks to Jeff Z. hitting something and popping off a belt (we only have one) with less then a minute to go. Rick and Joe Tuttle were right on him and got by. Ned and I fought back and fourth for 4th place in a real close and fun race. I'd like to thank everyone that raced for the great time!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
I wanted set up F1 race next year with pan cars but the feed back , guess from Toledo racers was negative, guess to much make bumper and mount f1 body. I will scrap hole idea now
__________________
Gary Andersen/ GFA RACING/WRC/NOVA ROSSI
gary47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #3897
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Dayton

Just got home from a very hard weekend of racing at the Dayton MWS Race. They have a very tight track with some unforgiving barriers thus my Grandsons kept me working. I was able to make it to 3rd in the A-main (there were enough pans for 2 mains). David Dunn and David Greer put on a very good 30 minute race with David taking the win. Just messing with you, David Dunn. Allot of breakage in 1/8th scale as the 1/10th fit the track much better. Check the MWS for results. It was none the less a fun weekend!

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 AM   #3898
Tech Elite
 
racerx1920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,642
Trader Rating: 202 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Just got home from a very hard weekend of racing at the Dayton MWS Race. They have a very tight track with some unforgiving barriers thus my Grandsons kept me working. I was able to make it to 3rd in the A-main (there were enough pans for 2 mains). David Dunn and David Greer put on a very good 30 minute race with David taking the win. Just messing with you, David Dunn. Allot of breakage in 1/8th scale as the 1/10th fit the track much better. Check the MWS for results. It was none the less a fun weekend!

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!

I have to agree it was a good race. Glad I I was able to take the win.
__________________
Desoto Racing / Serpent America / ProOne RC
Serpent 748 / Serpent s120LTR / Serpent s100LTR
Dunn Graphics
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:04 AM   #3899
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
I have to agree it was a good race. Glad I I was able to take the win.
WELL DONE INDEED!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #3900
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Wright "B" Flyer

If you're an airplane nut, you know what a trill it is to see the Wright brothers second plane flying over head. Now the stage is set.

About half way threw the Pan car A main, forgot my glasses and my eyes were all watered up, my throttle finger feels as if it has fallen off, and my legs just don't want to be there. Still I haven't smashed my Motonica up to badly and I'm still making laps (on my way to doing a number on my Grandsons), when I hear this thing flying over head, sounds like something very different. I so badly want to look up at it, but we all know what happens when you take your eyes off your car. Been at this for 40 years now and finally I keep my eyes on the car, but it was so very hard folks. Only in Dayton could I have been tested so hard.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0