R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #3886
Tech Regular

Default Pan cars are much less set up and work.

We just got done running our GLC here Toledo. There were 14 pan cars and we had a ball. This is not a race report so you'll have to look else where for results, however I will point out that there were 2 Edam, 1 Motonica, and 11 WRCs. If you had ever watched a pan car race, most of these questions would be ansewered. Top 5 cars were teched (using MWS rules) closely and not everybody came out OK.
Jason Irwin brought 4 WRC kits with him and they were gone in the end. Next year is all ready looking stronger.
Point being that in the Midwest, more and more people are seeing the worth of 2wd pan. It's not suppose to replace 4 wd but live right along side of it as a choice for those that don't went the cost or work a 4wd needs. Works much better to get started in 1/8th scale on road too.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #3887
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
We just got done running our GLC here Toledo. There were 14 pan cars and we had a ball. This is not a race report so you'll have to look else where for results, however I will point out that there were 2 Edam, 1 Motonica, and 11 WRCs. If you had ever watched a pan car race, most of these questions would be ansewered. Top 5 cars were teched (using MWS rules) closely and not everybody came out OK.
Jason Irwin brought 4 WRC kits with him and they were gone in the end. Next year is all ready looking stronger.
Point being that in the Midwest, more and more people are seeing the worth of 2wd pan. It's not suppose to replace 4 wd but live right along side of it as a choice for those that don't went the cost or work a 4wd needs. Works much better to get started in 1/8th scale on road too.
you said it sr. as of today i'm going thru my stuff looking to next year. entry at the club seems evenly split. i'm leaning towards the pan but not sure on my scratch project or a new car.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #3888
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
you said it sr. as of today i'm going thru my stuff looking to next year. entry at the club seems evenly split. i'm leaning towards the pan but not sure on my scratch project or a new car.
Not sure???... With your mad skills???... Get
machining boy... You have MONTHS now...
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #3889
Tech Fanatic

I wish I would have won the kit.....

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #3890
Tech Regular

Default More racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
Yours and Matt's cars are very cool for sure, however I'm sure you'll get in much more racing with a kit car. It's sort of fun how different people are building the same car.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #3891
Tech Regular

Default Winner, winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
I wish I would have won the kit.....
Always think of you as a winner!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #3892
Tech Addict

Quote:
Always think of you as a winner!
so who were the winners from the various classes on sunday? someone posted on the canadian version of this site a new on road 9 port from mugen made by the good folks at nova rossi called the bt19. i said great now all we need is on road racing.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #3893
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Guys wanted to ask, what bodies is everyone running. I have a bunch of Lolas - Serpent, HPI and Mugen's. As such that is what is mounted at this time.

I also understand that Delta Plastik has made it to the US, yet how many of their bodies are seen out on the Track.

Lastly, has anyone played with wings? I know the new bodies are just "down force generators", but remember when the bodies were not so aggressive and we ran wings.

Please pardon all the questions.

Slowly getting back into it, and perhaps may head out to Mikes to do a few laps.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #3894
Tech Regular

Default Thanks for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Guys wanted to ask, what bodies is everyone running. I have a bunch of Lolas - Serpent, HPI and Mugen's. As such that is what is mounted at this time.

I also understand that Delta Plastik has made it to the US, yet how many of their bodies are seen out on the Track.

Lastly, has anyone played with wings? I know the new bodies are just "down force generators", but remember when the bodies were not so aggressive and we ran wings.

Please pardon all the questions.

Slowly getting back into it, and perhaps may head out to Mikes to do a few laps.
Of the guys and gale running in the Toledo and MWS 2wd pan cars, I've have run the old bodies most. Of course the older bodies needed wing, but the newer ones have a adjustable lip or dam on the back, so yes we are playing with wings.

I can't speak for everyone, but my grand kids and myself grab what ever is laying around.The newer bodies have a slight edge on the older bodies. The old bodies can put on a good fight, but it's up hill to the front of the pack. I've won a few club and MWS races running a MRP Frizzbee, wish I could find another, it was neat! There have been some Delta Plastik bodies popping up every now and then and I have 6 or 7 laying around waiting their turn.

I'm talking 2wd pan only, 4wd needs the best of everything and a deep pocket.

What Mike are you speaking of? All the Mikes I know are characters, but in RC racing (like some TV shows), Characters are welcome!

COME PLAY!! LET"S RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #3895
Tech Regular

Default Some Fast Guys!

In Toledo today we were treated to some real strong 2wd pan racing. Rick Davies took the win while breaking in a motor, thanks to Jeff Z. hitting something and popping off a belt (we only have one) with less then a minute to go. Rick and Joe Tuttle were right on him and got by. Ned and I fought back and fourth for 4th place in a real close and fun race. I'd like to thank everyone that raced for the great time!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #3896
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47

Quote:
In Toledo today we were treated to some real strong 2wd pan racing. Rick Davies took the win while breaking in a motor, thanks to Jeff Z. hitting something and popping off a belt (we only have one) with less then a minute to go. Rick and Joe Tuttle were right on him and got by. Ned and I fought back and fourth for 4th place in a real close and fun race. I'd like to thank everyone that raced for the great time!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
I wanted set up F1 race next year with pan cars but the feed back , guess from Toledo racers was negative, guess to much make bumper and mount f1 body. I will scrap hole idea now
Old 09-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #3897
Tech Regular

Default Dayton

Just got home from a very hard weekend of racing at the Dayton MWS Race. They have a very tight track with some unforgiving barriers thus my Grandsons kept me working. I was able to make it to 3rd in the A-main (there were enough pans for 2 mains). David Dunn and David Greer put on a very good 30 minute race with David taking the win. Just messing with you, David Dunn. Allot of breakage in 1/8th scale as the 1/10th fit the track much better. Check the MWS for results. It was none the less a fun weekend!

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 AM   #3898
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 202 (100%+)

Quote:
Just got home from a very hard weekend of racing at the Dayton MWS Race. They have a very tight track with some unforgiving barriers thus my Grandsons kept me working. I was able to make it to 3rd in the A-main (there were enough pans for 2 mains). David Dunn and David Greer put on a very good 30 minute race with David taking the win. Just messing with you, David Dunn. Allot of breakage in 1/8th scale as the 1/10th fit the track much better. Check the MWS for results. It was none the less a fun weekend!

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!

I have to agree it was a good race. Glad I I was able to take the win.
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:04 AM   #3899
Tech Regular

Default Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
I have to agree it was a good race. Glad I I was able to take the win.
WELL DONE INDEED!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #3900
Tech Regular

Default Wright "B" Flyer

If you're an airplane nut, you know what a trill it is to see the Wright brothers second plane flying over head. Now the stage is set.

About half way threw the Pan car A main, forgot my glasses and my eyes were all watered up, my throttle finger feels as if it has fallen off, and my legs just don't want to be there. Still I haven't smashed my Motonica up to badly and I'm still making laps (on my way to doing a number on my Grandsons), when I hear this thing flying over head, sounds like something very different. I so badly want to look up at it, but we all know what happens when you take your eyes off your car. Been at this for 40 years now and finally I keep my eyes on the car, but it was so very hard folks. Only in Dayton could I have been tested so hard.