Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
not my prob. contractor has a deadline. this house and i are at war so i don't do any major stuff
Contractor???...I AM the contractor at my place
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

weather is depressing, had some set backs with my car and pretty much given up. those mantura cars are always so nicely built.
Weather...that's easy. I need some work setbacks! I wanna be able to run my obsolete Motonica a few times this year! It's been so bad I let my VRC Pro subscription expire!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hi-Tech

At Sundays meeting I got to look at a tricked out WRC car and it was sort of fun. The driver of this car pretty much owns 4wd and has dumped as much Hi-Tech into his Low-Tech 2wd, all done in the name of fun.
(Yes Ned, you told me so) It clearly is not in the best interest of this class to allow that. There was a lot of talk about top notch drivers coming into 2wd. I'm slow to react to that stuff, but the talk has me thinking now.
Since I really don't think of 2wd as a beginners class, I'm not sure how you stop a top notch driver from running 2wd. However, perhaps we can force them to leave all their Hi-Tech in 4wd.how about this, if you we're ever in the top 5 of any 4wd class ever and you feel the need to run 2wd, you must run a stock out of the box car. I'll be glad to tech for this.
Or does the club have the right to disallow this sort of thing? If 4wd is the F1 of the RC world, let's look at F1. Do you ever see a F1 driver step back down into a lower class for fun? Why would he?Would they let him?

Screw this snow, I'm ready to race!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

not that i have one of these but how much high tech can he put into it? you have a spec (limit motor and a weight limit) if it is gyro's i would say you need to make sure that is ruled out. But in the NHRA i have seen Top Fuel and Prostock drivers also run in the sportsman classes because of sponsor obligations or enjoyment.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Since I really don't think of 2wd as a beginners class, I'm not sure how you stop a top notch driver from running 2wd. However, perhaps we can force them to leave all their Hi-Tech in 4wd.!
..we can't and shouldn't.......BUT....we don't want a new guy(or old guy) to quit because he gets waxed week in and week out.......how much "high tech" could be added to a pan?........besides titanium screws....(might go under weight ...then have to add weight back....).....we start adding weight to winners??........
Old 02-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Now I'm curious, what has Jeff done to his car?

Lots of former F1 Drivers compete in other series after their F1 Careers are over. Indy Car, Sports Car, Rally, heck Montoya even went to NASCAR.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Having fun with it!

He's not hidding anything and he is enjoying his car like the rest of us. Jeff just puts forward a 110% effort always and that is why he is so good. My point is that this class is a little more layed back then he is. One thing he is trying to do is learn something about a 4wd part in 2wd. To that I say good luck. He made a change that might bring the WRC in line with the Motonica. (Maybe making it weaker)
It just seems he's bring the Yankees to our little league game. I'm sure he'll share any details with anyone, cause while being a fast racer, he's all so a good guy.
The fact of the matter is we are about to have our best season ever in 2wd! Are you ready?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

I'll start building my car after the Canadian On Road Carpet Nationals near Niagara in about 2 weeks. I got Shingles nine weeks ago which has put everything on the back burner. Talk about pain. I have everything here sitting in sealed boxes.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I got Shingles nine weeks ago which has put everything on the back burner. Talk about pain. I have everything here sitting in sealed boxes.
....I saw my Grandpa struggle with shingles years ago...( he was in agony himself)....hope you feeling better...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

best thread on the forums
Old 02-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
....I saw my Grandpa struggle with shingles years ago...( he was in agony himself)....hope you feeling better...
i understand if you had chicken pox you are more at risk for shingles. had the pox at 28, hope i get lucky
Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Joe - get the vaccine. Around $200 but worth it. You do not want this.

The WRC Car hits the bench soon.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

i understand if you had chicken pox you are more at risk for shingles. had the pox at 28, hope i get lucky
I also got the POX late in life...21....it was terrible......

...maybe should have built a snowmobile this winter....Is this crap EVER
going to end???!!!!!!!!.........
Old 03-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Help?

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Joe - get the vaccine. Around $200 but worth it. You do not want this.

The WRC Car hits the bench soon.
If I can be of any help, just let me know. That looks to be a very neat car, thought Jason would have a report on how it worked at Fort Meyers by now. That track is a car eater so if it didn't go well, doesn't say a thing about the car. Hope he had allot of fun just the same.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
If I can be of any help, just let me know. That looks to be a very neat car, thought Jason would have a report on how it worked at Fort Meyers by now. That track is a car eater so if it didn't go well, doesn't say a thing about the car. Hope he had allot of fun just the same.
Lon
Pretty sure Jason just ran 1/10th sedan at the Winternats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.