Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
I know.. They started out with stock pull start
motors.. Next thing you know guys are asking
how a NR Virtus will run in a GT car....and they
managed to find one run rubber tires also.. Might as
well run 4WD at that point...
Might be a solution with ROAR doing a 5port engine rule. Novarossi already has announced one. I would think others will follow. Red's has a 5port package with header and pipe for under $300, maybe they could do similar with an onrad header.

I'm sure some tracks and racers will run open engines but we may have some sanity in the class.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Good Stuff!

Thanks to everyone on the buggie motor stuff. They could very well be in the hunt. Myself, we'll I'm stuck with this proper tool for the proper job thing. Setting up a on road class, there should be a bread & butter easy to get, low price, strong, and easy to tune on road motor out there. There is a 5-port that fits the bill. Thus we need to mix 3, 4 (?), and 5 ports on the track. After 2 years of watching a mixture running, we for the most part agree that the hotter big buck 4wd motors must stay out. Everyone who watched. Could see that the 7 mm restricted 5-port was whipping on the 3-port. Keep in mind that we are not picking on anyone, just trying as best we can to set up a drivers class, not a motor class. With that in mind, I would suggest the 5-port motors should run a 5 mm restricted. Your thoughts?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I would suggest the 5-port motors should run a 5 mm restricted. Your thoughts?
Yes.

It would be even simpler if everybody ran the restrictor.

Last edited by howardcano; 12-19-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Thanks to everyone on the buggie motor stuff. They could very well be in the hunt. Myself, we'll I'm stuck with this proper tool for the proper job thing. Setting up a on road class, there should be a bread & butter easy to get, low price, strong, and easy to tune on road motor out there. There is a 5-port that fits the bill. Thus we need to mix 3, 4 (?), and 5 ports on the track. After 2 years of watching a mixture running, we for the most part agree that the hotter big buck 4wd motors must stay out. Everyone who watched. Could see that the 7 mm restricted 5-port was whipping on the 3-port. Keep in mind that we are not picking on anyone, just trying as best we can to set up a drivers class, not a motor class. With that in mind, I would suggest the 5-port motors should run a 5 mm restricted. Your thoughts?
Lon...I think that's fair...we can see a couple races in who has the advantage and who doesn't....then possibly makes changes in restrictors...restrictors are cheap compared to motors.... Now im hoping my motor from amain doesn't come as a 4 or 5 port....don't want to ruffle feathers...Or do we just go to ANY .21 5 ports or less??...There are TONS of motors that fit this rule...some cheap and some not so cheap.....Max Power even has a 3 port that is 300 bux?....So the simple "3 port " rule...may not be the end all rule...
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...l72btu16ig12e7
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ngine-ORI80691
...hows that for low budget 3 port???...LOL
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index....=323..smallest Novarossi venturi I see is a 5.4...looks tiny...will motors even run???...we want parity...not snail racing....

Last edited by Taylorm; 12-19-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Simple question - this is the motor http://www.irwinrc.com/product-p/novn21-5t.htm I canceled a few weeks ago because it was decided, I thought, that we agreed on 3 port motors for 2014 in Toledo. A post was made listing the 3 Port Nova Rossi, so I contacted the store and purchased their last motor. It ended up costing me about the same price as the 5 port from Irwin RC, who happens to be the biggest supporter of the 8th Pan Class because he is importing cars and parts for this great class.

So, back to the simple question, if I buy the 5 Port Nova Rossi listed above from Irwin RC, will I now be legal for racing 8th Scale Pan Car Class at Toledo.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Nova Rossi Live Range coming in January
Old 12-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Simple question - this is the motor http://www.irwinrc.com/product-p/novn21-5t.htm I canceled a few weeks ago because it was decided, I thought, that we agreed on 3 port motors for 2014 in Toledo. A post was made listing the 3 Port Nova Rossi, so I contacted the store and purchased their last motor. It ended up costing me about the same price as the 5 port from Irwin RC, who happens to be the biggest supporter of the 8th Pan Class because he is importing cars and parts for this great class.

So, back to the simple question, if I buy the 5 Port Nova Rossi listed above from Irwin RC, will I now be legal for racing 8th Scale Pan Car Class at Toledo.
That would be correct from talking with Lon.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Nova Rossi Live Range coming in January
So here is the info I have that changed things a little.

For 2014 Nova Rossi at least wont be making the 3 port turbo or non basic sport motors that we had hoped for.

This with the change to there live motors as a replacement line for the sport motors.

Not many changes but there are some, this also adds the Roar 5 port for GT.

When talking to a few people 3 ports from nova rossi would have went as follows it would have meant we would all have to order what we needed for the year(special order custom) and after that there would be none, unless a second order was made and it could take a while to get vs off the shelf creating problems for parts and if someone needed a motor mid season. That doesnt work out well for anyone.

With the 3 ports not being made it created a bit of a issue. I think the solution lon has is a great idea and will work well and fits well.

And it gives everyone a few options not making it a 1 motor class, from super cheap motors to mild priced motors $210 range and options options up to some buggy motors, and quality motors some that should last the entire season.

I think looking at it without running one it a great attempt at keeping both motors performance reasonably close.

I think if you have a 3 or 4 or 5 port its not going to matter as they will be close, and it rulls out all of the HOT onroad 7+ port motors no one wants in the class

Anyways I hope to get working on my Pan car this week some and maybe have some pictures.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Lon...I think that's fair...we can see a couple races in who has the advantage and who doesn't....then possibly makes changes in restrictors...restrictors are cheap compared to motors.... Now im hoping my motor from amain doesn't come as a 4 or 5 port....don't want to ruffle feathers...Or do we just go to ANY .21 5 ports or less??...There are TONS of motors that fit this rule...some cheap and some not so cheap.....Max Power even has a 3 port that is 300 bux?....So the simple "3 port " rule...may not be the end all rule...
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...l72btu16ig12e7
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ngine-ORI80691
...hows that for low budget 3 port???...LOL
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index....=323..smallest Novarossi venturi I see is a 5.4...looks tiny...will motors even run???...we want parity...not snail racing....
Matt, I wonder why would someone spend that kind of money on a buggie motor to race on road where we'd jump on em if they had a hotter motor any how. I think what Jeff says about the buggie motors sounds good, I say bring them on ( 4 or 5 ports restricted to 5mm). Every effort will be made to keep the focus on driving, you're throwing money away looking for a hotter motor.

We are spending allot of time on this motor thing because we need them to power our cars, that's all the motor should do. Now from the front to the rear of the pack we are forcing the racers to drive, to make better decisions, pick better lines, study the other drivers moves, learn where and when to pass, and not hit things. All of this while having allot of fun! I can't wait!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Side note
Tonight looking around I cannot find a 5mm insert for novarossi or from novarossi.

5.4 is the smallest they currently offer
24454 is the part number

unless someone else see's different

the 5T comes with 6,7,8
some of the other motors come with 5.4, 6, 6.5 ext

So its possible that 5.4 may be the size, needs to be universal accross motors and brands. and off the shelf item, to fit any or most of the 4 and 5 port motors.

Still looking anyone else have a link
Thanks
Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Looking over some on other sites
it seems the smallest i can find accross motors is 6.0mm
Nova makes

5.4, and 6 for there smallest some buggy motors come with 5.4 not sure what color it is.
6.0mm is white

other nova and picco based motors 6.00 is as small as I can find for them. of coarse the other nova motors a 6 or 5.4 would fit, as for any other brand i have no idea.

Food for thought anyways.

let me know what others find
Old 12-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Perhaps

Originally Posted by howardcano
Yes.

It would be even simpler if everybody ran the restrictor.
Not all the low buck 3-ports have carbs that will take a restrictor, I have swapped out other carbs so we can us restrictors. Other then that, you could very well be right, but I think we're not to far off at this point. It's funny how many people think of a restrictor as a penalty while it is in fact a tuning tool. As I'm sure you remember from your 2wd days. Years of running nothing but power hungry 4wds has caused us to forget these things.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

spent a few more mins just looking over amain, I looked at any 3-4-5 port motors.
OS, RED, Nova, Orion, RB, Picco, generic, pretty much them all.
most 6.0 is as small as they get
Nova onroad 6.0 is as small as I could find, you can order a 5.4 but it wouldnt work any anything non nova
5.4 is black, 6.0 is white.
Other brands dont color code them not a big deal they just right the size on the insert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.