R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #3616
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
No sir, in my opinion you are not a hack. Very talented. Can't wait to see what you do with that mill.
Thanks...... Gotta convince mamma that a mill is a necessity
and not a luxury.... ....Davis and Schmaltz and Joe P are the real deal around here....
Ill settle for a wanna-be
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #3617
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,358
Default

Well, I wanna be like you man!! Wish I had your skills.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #3618
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Not yet on eta
Just order and wait it will be here well before summer

Buggy 3 port will be a dog timing is all wrong Imo

They don't buy many so if it's on BO your going to have a better chance to get one for sure

I'll still see if I can nail down a eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Jeff...did they say when they might be coming in???....Ive been searching for one...absolute hobbyz has one but high priced....I might try a Fusion buggy 3 port

http://www.houstonsengineservice.com...8f1b60c9fb34f5

did a couple more clean up cuts...
__________________
Desoto Racing, Serpent America, Novarossi, KoPropo, Xceed.
2011, 2013, 2 Time Midwest Series 1/8th Open, Champion
2011 Byrons onroad 1/8th Open 3rd
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #3619
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post

Buggy 3 port will be a dog timing is all wrong Imo
...I thought Whiting was running a buggy 3 port???......,.........
thought pans would be better with a little more low end grunt and less zing..............hello Davis?....Are you home?.........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #3620
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Thanks...... Gotta convince mamma that a mill is a necessity
and not a luxury.... ....Davis and Schmaltz and Joe P are the real deal around here....
Ill settle for a wanna-be
maybe so, but after 50+ hours i don't wanna be LOL . then by sunday night i'm down there cutting away. need a read out on my mill but then i found a bigger one that has one, hmmm trying too do as much as i can at home without the over the top technology of work.
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #3621
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
maybe so, but after 50+ hours i don't wanna be LOL . then by sunday night i'm down there cutting away. need a read out on my mill but then i found a bigger one that has one, hmmm trying too do as much as i can at home without the over the top technology of work.
DRO??
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #3622
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
DRO??
yes little mach. shop sells one that will fit. maybe i'll use my tax refund on it
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #3623
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...I thought Whiting was running a buggy 3 port???......,.........
thought pans would be better with a little more low end grunt and less zing..............hello Davis?....Are you home?.........
Confirmed it was a buggy 5 port.

No no matter how many ports a onroad motor has better timing.

It's not a 7 lb buggy it doesn't need that much tq
__________________
Desoto Racing, Serpent America, Novarossi, KoPropo, Xceed.
2011, 2013, 2 Time Midwest Series 1/8th Open, Champion
2011 Byrons onroad 1/8th Open 3rd
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #3624
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...I thought Whiting was running a buggy 3 port???......,.........
thought pans would be better with a little more low end grunt and less zing..............hello Davis?....Are you home?.........
It was actually a 5 port buggy engine with a 6mm restricter but I thought it ran pretty well. It does not take much for these cars to get moving. We will run a true 3 port engine next year (not 3 + boost ports, whatever that is) but it might be buggy motor again.
__________________
Thanks to our sponsors: Desoto Racing, Serpent, Ielasi Tuned, HobbyWing, Byron's Fuel, Matrix Tires, Protoform, Futaba, www.LEFComplex.com
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #3625
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Thanks...... Gotta convince mamma that a mill is a necessity
and not a luxury.... ....Davis and Schmaltz and Joe P are the real deal around here....
Ill settle for a wanna-be
If I have this right...your front end is basically aluminum. Oddly enough, so is mine, and Tom's will be too (with a redesign). Next year could get a little messy, aluminum vs. whatever they're making the other cars out of....lol.
__________________
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #3626
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
If I have this right...your front end is basically aluminum. Oddly enough, so is mine, and Tom's will be too (with a redesign). Next year could get a little messy, aluminum vs. whatever they're making the other cars out of....lol.
Aluminum snaps plastic.....you have email...
check it.. In need of parts
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #3627
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default Dam it!

Thanks to Hitcharide, I found myself working on a MRP Pro 180. It has to be at least 20 years since I last had one. First I had to round up some SAE tools, just a few as this has to have been the easiest R/C car ever to work on, so simple. I wonder how we could have gotten away from this simple joy to racing the very complex cars of today? I'd bet the same drivers would be winning any how, maybe we'd all be richer.

Dam it! It happened just that fast, in no time I'm flashing back to the evil side of the MRP. I was being careful, yet the clutch E-clip took off and hide. Rats! I hate those things! Well over the years I have developed a very keen eye for finding small things, plus I had just swept the floor. Armed with a super LED light (didn't have those back then), I figured that E-chip didn't have a chance. After 20 minutes on hands and knees, I give up. All I found was how bad of a job I did sweeping.

So I have all sorts of X-ray, WRC, Mugen, Ass., and Motonica clips laying around, I'll show that e-chip, I'll replace it with a new metric chip! Not so easy. Every little mm chip I have seems so big now!

Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #3628
Tech Addict
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
__________________
Irwin RC 1/8th Pan Car Specialists - www.irwinrc.com
SPM Competition, WRC Racing, MIP, Novarossi
MrHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #3629
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Thanks to Hitcharide, I found myself working on a MRP Pro 180. It has to be at least 20 years since I last had one. First I had to round up some SAE tools, just a few as this has to have been the easiest R/C car ever to work on, so simple. I wonder how we could have gotten away from this simple joy to racing the very complex cars of today? I'd bet the same drivers would be winning any how, maybe we'd all be richer.

Dam it! It happened just that fast, in no time I'm flashing back to the evil side of the MRP. I was being careful, yet the clutch E-clip took off and hide. Rats! I hate those things! Well over the years I have developed a very keen eye for finding small things, plus I had just swept the floor. Armed with a super LED light (didn't have those back then), I figured that E-chip didn't have a chance. After 20 minutes on hands and knees, I give up. All I found was how bad of a job I did sweeping.

So I have all sorts of X-ray, WRC, Mugen, Ass., and Motonica clips laying around, I'll show that e-chip, I'll replace it with a new metric chip! Not so easy. Every little mm chip I have seems so big now!

Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
Are they 1/4 inch e-clips?

Lon....Is this the same chassis as yours??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-8-...item41799500a6
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #3630
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,640
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This chassis is for the C510, MRPīs first 1/8 car. Not for the Pro 180.
I have several of the old E-clips, just not sure which size is needed.
Have to look at my C510, maybe itīs the same.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0