Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Never!

I would never stop a Super "J" from running! Most people would agree that it was darn near as good as a MRP Pro 180. Phil, when you read this stuff, do you have your glasses on?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WRC EVO REady for Order!

The all new GT EVO kits are ready to order! Irwin Racing Concepts is offering a one-time special price for all Pre-orders placed this week, ending this Sunday, November 17th.

PLEASE NOTE: The quick release wheel adapters and Front Aluminum Body Mounts are optional parts and do not come standard in the kit. If your heart desires, they can be order from our site.

All preorder customers will receive their kits and parts orders from the first shipment, which will be processed Monday, Nov. 18th, and the shipment will be on its way from Italy in the coming weeks. Our website has a listing of many parts for the kit which can also be ordered at this time, but if you would like to order any additional WRC items not on our site, please contact us with your request. Thank you!
Jason

http://www.irwinrc.com

Old 11-14-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Here is the new front end assembly. As you can see, it uses solid one-piece construction to conform to the pan car guidelines. This new design allows the upper arms to sit low on the chassis, providing the needed clearance for many of the current body designs, and the upper arms provide castor adjustment found in other racing classes

Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Here is the new front end assembly. As you can see, it uses solid one-piece construction to conform to the pan car guidelines. This new design allows the upper arms to sit low on the chassis, providing the needed clearance for many of the current body designs, and the upper arms provide castor adjustment found in other racing classes

It's very pretty, and looks stronger, too.

What "guidelines" are you referring to?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heh

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I would never stop a Super "J" from running! Most people would agree that it was darn near as good as a MRP Pro 180. Phil, when you read this stuff, do you have your glasses on?
Pardon whilst I look for my hip waders. "Darn near as good as a MRP Pro 180." Looks like a grudge match invitation to me. What say we have a little matchup, two antique people and their antique cars? And if you don't have an MRP (and you probably don't since so few survived the track) I'll lend ya one. Get Matt in on it with his ASSociated as well.....oh yeah.

(A vintage heat WOULD be nice....)
Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrHistory

Great news for some racers that have been waiting. Good looking part also. I think you and Veronica got a winner on your hands. Best of luck with them!

Wonder if the spacing on those balls is the same as older car? Can the new front fit the old car? Is there much parts cross over?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default You'll be sorry!

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Pardon whilst I look for my hip waders. "Darn near as good as a MRP Pro 180." Looks like a grudge match invitation to me. What say we have a little matchup, two antique people and their antique cars? And if you don't have an MRP (and you probably don't since so few survived the track) I'll lend ya one. Get Matt in on it with his ASSociated as well.....oh yeah.

Maybe we should do just that. If I drove your MRP car, I know you wouldn't be doing your "TANK" thing.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

When you put your hook into the water and nothing happens, do you give up and stop fishing, or do you try again?
nope just throw dynamite in the water
Old 11-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default GT body

Looks to me like the Porsche GT bodies I got earlier this year will fit the new WRC car nicely. GT bodies for me next season.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heh

Maybe we should do just that. If I drove your MRP car, I know you wouldn't be doing your "TANK" thing.
Oh sure I would...it's mine and I can break it if I want to, lol. Serious offer tho, if you want to borrow it, I'd ship it tomorrow. I would also like the GLC to host a vintage heat, but doubt it'll happen given that we already have GT, 1/8 open, 1/8 masters, 1/10 open, pan, blah blah. Probably gets hard to co-ordinate so many classes after awhile, and for people to participate in a vintage run, that'd probably mean some of them couldn't also do modern pan at the same event. For example, I think Rick did back to back mains in two different classes, and that's not easy.

I have spent the last several months trying to get ahold of some guys I used to know back in the 80's, with just about zero success, trying to get them to come to the GLC and run. I'd even provide the cars, but getting in touch with people seems to be difficult. But, with all that said, no reason why you and I (and maybe a few others) can't have a vintage grudge match!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

ASSociated????.... Oh it's on now Focker....we are gonna
run no holds barred motors right???...

Last edited by Taylorm; 11-14-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Phil is a wimp
Old 11-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

You're not as antique as you look, where I'm the real thing!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Well if there's any possible way to have a vintage exhibition race at the GLC I'm in with my Super J and I can even bring my old' Marker Machine.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Well if there's any possible way to have a vintage exhibition race at the GLC I'm in with my Super J and I can even bring my old' Marker Machine.
If Phil would fix his fleet up we could have a full field...
Old 11-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

I simply mean that this is a solid axle that spans the full width of the front end, from wheel to wheel. From the concept photos we could not see how this lower section was designed, so I wanted to show everyone that it is functionally the same as the GT Due. Some folks were under the impression that the lower arms were on king pins, which is clearly not the case.

Originally Posted by howardcano
It's very pretty, and looks stronger, too.
What "guidelines" are you referring to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.