R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #3511
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
What do you mean, "allowed on the track?" Thought everything was allowed on the track, just not for points. And you're outlawing the antiques as well, as concerns points?
I think what he means is.....
We want to try and race for points as best we can and for what ever reason if there are no points we want to be on the same page.

So here is an example and like day said. If your using a old style car or classic car or maybe even a period designed car you can use what motor you like to fit that era but it's not going to count for squat or even bragging rights. Think of it more as a exhibition. Now if you would like it to count and fit the very basic rules that we are going to try and follow it's being asked to conform to at least follow the 3 port motor guide line pretty simple and pretty basic

No outlawing of old stuff or classic cars just asking to follow the guidelines of the class.

most people seem to agree upon a few things
fuel tank size
Weight
Max width
2wd
3 port motors

and if anyone's hunting for loopholes the rest of the class may ask you to bring your car back in line

most likely Midwest and GLC will follow these rules
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #3512
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
I think what he means is.....
We want to try and race for points as best we can and for what ever reason if there are no points we want to be on the same page.

So here is an example and like day said. If your using a old style car or classic car or maybe even a period designed car you can use what motor you like to fit that era but it's not going to count for squat or even bragging rights. Think of it more as a exhibition. Now if you would like it to count and fit the very basic rules that we are going to try and follow it's being asked to conform to at least follow the 3 port motor guide line pretty simple and pretty basic

No outlawing of old stuff or classic cars just asking to follow the guidelines of the class.

most people seem to agree upon a few things
fuel tank size
Weight
Max width
2wd
3 port motors

and if anyone's hunting for loopholes the rest of the class may ask you to bring your car back in line

most likely Midwest and GLC will follow these rules
More than likely, when I'm running the J, it'll be with a period motor. Haven't a clue how many ports and could care less. You see, I've probably got 20 engines or so, and as you may know, an engine that fits a J has the crankshaft cut down to fit. I'm not interested in points in the least, but if someone told me I couldn't run the J at all....I'd probably get back out of racing entirely. I'm not sure what everyone else is showing up for, but I'm showing up to run laps and have fun; points, trophies and pictures mean less than nothing to me. I'm half inclined as it is to run without a transponder, because the number of laps and the time I run it in is not as important as the fact I'm able to run laps at all.

As for "loopholes"....meh. There aren't too many of those I know of that would benefit anyone sufficiently to make a difference, and I don't think any of our members are so base and without class as to resort to such things.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #3513
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Joe, I ordered my motor from Desoto Racing last week. I believe I ordered the last one they had in stock. I'm sure they will get more. I would think Jason will probably stock them in 2014 as well.

I like the challenge of getting more people involved. I have to talk to Ron Garrant. also some of the guys that ran 8th scale in Hamilton. I just need to get my car to show.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #3514
Tech Addict

Maybe it's time to sell 10 of those motors and get 1 that con forma to the class it can't hurt and will most likely run better

I don't hold on to any motor longer then a summer in the last 3 years I have rotated 17 motors in and out of my hands

your really going and bout it all wrong I think everyone wants you to race and bound show off all your neat older cars and sure it's fun to see those cars out there but it really does not hurt to try and fit with the rest of the cars racing ...After all its a race

That's why we do it ...to race to fit into a class to try our skills and ability building and setting the car up.

Again you can use what ever exhibition wise or practice that's going to be the rules it might suck to follow them but that how it is and it's the same for everyone not just made to ruin your day there made to give everyone a guide line to "RACE" by

As far as no transponder altho a car my run if it's not counting it can be deemed not eligible to race or be on the track if it's not counting and asked to have a transponder placed in the car or not run

this is really the way to kill the class entirely

you complain then I complain we all end up with 4wd motors in our cars then no one wants to race the class at all next year because it cost to much and the class is dead

Quote:
More than likely, when I'm running the J, it'll be with a period motor. Haven't a clue how many ports and could care less. You see, I've probably got 20 engines or so, and as you may know, an engine that fits a J has the crankshaft cut down to fit. I'm not interested in points in the least, but if someone told me I couldn't run the J at all....I'd probably get back out of racing entirely. I'm not sure what everyone else is showing up for, but I'm showing up to run laps and have fun; points, trophies and pictures mean less than nothing to me. I'm half inclined as it is to run without a transponder, because the number of laps and the time I run it in is not as important as the fact I'm able to run laps at all.

As for "loopholes"....meh. There aren't too many of those I know of that would benefit anyone sufficiently to make a difference, and I don't think any of our members are so base and without class as to resort to such things.
There are always loop holes...watch F1 and see how red bull is doing
Old 11-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #3515
Tech Master

I also want to run my dinosaur 300 next year....not to "race" with...just to show....don't think it could win anyway....unless I pay a hired gun...(Davis)....and i'm sure my pockets are WAY to shallow for him to drive a crap trap......the racing will be left to my "updated" build...
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #3516
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
I also want to run my dinosaur 300 next year....not to "race" with...just to show....don't think it could win anyway....unless I pay a hired gun...(Davis)....and i'm sure my pockets are WAY to shallow for him to drive a crap trap......the racing will be left to my "updated" build...
No one said you cannot race it ...or run it.

Not sure where anyone's getting that idea.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #3517
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47

Quote:

I am looking for rear needle valve mine was lost or fell out over years since they where soldered in its for ops. I would love run mine next year if find that part from Delta made carbs Gary
Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #3518
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
I am looking for rear needle valve mine was lost or fell out over years since they where soldered in its for ops. I would love run mine next year if find that part from Delta made carbs Gary
Which carb, the old style slide carb or the tube style? I have a few of the old slides around here somewhere...........

As for selling off stuff....I've tried. Two problems with that. One, parting with stuff I've had for many, many years seems to be difficult. Two, I'd rather get rid of it all in one shot than piece it out, would be less painful that way, but who has that much $$$ laying around to blow on old toys, and who would want that much crap?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #3519
Tech Master

Quote:
Which carb, the old style slide carb or the tube style? I have a few of the old slides around here somewhere...........

As for selling off stuff....I've tried. Two problems with that. One, parting with stuff I've had for many, many years seems to be difficult. Two, I'd rather get rid of it all in one shot than piece it out, would be less painful that way, but who has that much $$$ laying around to blow on old toys, and who would want that much crap?
...you haven't tried....quit trying to justify your keeping of all the antiques....just like my wife.."i might need that some day"....RC Hoarder.......just Ebay it for Pete's sake....and buy some NEW motors....post a pic of ALL your crap...i'm curious how much you truly have...
Old 11-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #3520
Tech Addict

Default Ha bloody ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...you haven't tried....quit trying to justify your keeping of all the antiques....just like my wife.."i might need that some day"....RC Hoarder.......just Ebay it for Pete's sake....and buy some NEW motors....post a pic of ALL your crap...i'm curious how much you truly have...
It isn't possible to post a pic of all my crap. We tried that. About two years ago, we laid everything out in the main bay of the garage, and had to stack stuff on top of stuff to do it, which made taking a pic pointless since you have to be far enough away to get it all in and thus can't tell what you're taking a pic of. I know I'm a pack rat, to the point where I don't know what I have and don't have to some degree. And the last thing I need is more stuff. Even tried getting rid of it whole, but one guy wants only this, another guy wants only that, and I just don't have the energy to get rid of it one item at a time. More than likely what will happen is no one will take it all off my hands, in which case my executors will unload it in an estate sale for pennies on the dollar. Big whoop. If Dave lived locally, I'd stick HIM with unloading it and give him a percentage.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #3521
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47

Quote:

Was on delta milled out block alum with brass needle vale in on bellow side ect.?Get time take picture send you
Old 11-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #3522
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
It isn't possible to post a pic of all my crap. We tried that. About two years ago, we laid everything out in the main bay of the garage, and had to stack stuff on top of stuff to do it...
You are my hero.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #3523
Tech Addict

Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
You are my hero.
I'm assuming you say that because you have an equally large pile of crap laying around, and possibly a wife telling you to unload some of it. If you want to use me as an excuse to hang onto your old stuff, that's fine, just remember to speak well of me in the future...lol.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #3524
Tech Addict

Default Uh oh...

Quote:
It isn't possible to post a pic of all my crap. We tried that. About two years ago, we laid everything out in the main bay of the garage, and had to stack stuff on top of stuff to do it, which made taking a pic pointless since you have to be far enough away to get it all in and thus can't tell what you're taking a pic of. I know I'm a pack rat, to the point where I don't know what I have and don't have to some degree. And the last thing I need is more stuff. Even tried getting rid of it whole, but one guy wants only this, another guy wants only that, and I just don't have the energy to get rid of it one item at a time. More than likely what will happen is no one will take it all off my hands, in which case my executors will unload it in an estate sale for pennies on the dollar. Big whoop. If Dave lived locally, I'd stick HIM with unloading it and give him a percentage.
Ah....per my last post, this is not an invitiation for someone in our group to knock me off, then dicker for all my stuff. I'll defend my hoard down to my last bullet, and I have a LOT of those as well.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #3525
Tech Master

Quote:
Ah....per my last post, this is not an invitiation for someone in our group to knock me off, then dicker for all my stuff. I'll defend my hoard down to my last bullet, and I have a LOT of those as well.
......Ok...we wont hire a hit...but call us 2 minutes before your heart explodes...If you have one.........