R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #3211
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
Someone said they had a RC 300 with a T-Plate on it I have never seen a RC 300 with a T-plate can't visualize how it would look does anyone have a picture of a Associated RC 300 with a T-Plate that they would not mind sharing??
I have a 300 with a T... I will post some pics ASAP...
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #3212
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default RC 300 T-Bar by Rick Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
Someone said they had a RC 300 with a T-Plate on it I have never seen a RC 300 with a T-plate can't visualize how it would look does anyone have a picture of a Associated RC 300 with a T-Plate that they would not mind sharing??
I just happened to have mine apart to get ready to sell. So I shot a few pics...

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_20131004_185821_592-1-.jpg

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_20131004_185840_353-1-.jpg

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_20131004_185857_764-1-.jpg
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #3213
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 557
Default

I bought one of Rick's T-Bar Cars in about 92. I sold it when I purchased a Serpent 235mm Car. I always regretted that I never ran the Pan Car.
__________________
Number 49 Lou's Speedway Canada, Honda House www.hondahouse.com
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #3214
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,358
Default

Thank you , aarcorbra !! Never seen a 1/8 scale pancar with a t-plate on it.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #3215
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 300 Pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
I bought one of Rick's T-Bar Cars in about 92. I sold it when I purchased a Serpent 235mm Car. I always regretted that I never ran the Pan Car.
I got mine from Rick a couple of years ago, after seeing Matt's. At that time we were starting to talk about a Pan Car class. Although, I would personally rather work with a "Vintage" pan design or a scratch built car, living in South Carolina and not being able to practice or race without long distance travel, it's just much easier to run the store bought chassis.

I did try an Associated 300 pod with a new clutch, modern wheel adapters, and a Delta type bar front end in Dayton. The car was a few seconds a lap slower than my DFX Vortex but really not too bad considering...
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #3216
Tech Addict
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I am planning to attend the Snowball Race this weekend and am looking forward to seeing the midwest pan racers. I will bring parts and kits to support the WRC drivers and am happy to bring specific parts anyone may need. Please send me a pm if you need anything for the event. You can take a look at our website for more information and parts numbers for items in stock.
See you all soon! Jason
www.irwinrc.com
__________________
Irwin RC 1/8th Pan Car Specialists - www.irwinrc.com
SPM Competition, WRC Racing, MIP, Novarossi
MrHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #3217
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
I am planning to attend the Snowball Race this weekend and am looking forward to seeing the midwest pan racers. I will bring parts and kits to support the WRC drivers and am happy to bring specific parts anyone may need. Please send me a pm if you need anything for the event. You can take a look at our website for more information and parts numbers for items in stock.
See you all soon! Jason
www.irwinrc.com
Glad to hear you will make it to Cincinnati this weekend. The weather is supposed to be ideal, mid 70's with no chance of rain. Hope to see everyone!
Dennis
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #3218
Tech Adept
 
1/8 oldschool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 182
Default

Just checked the UFRA tyres website and it appears that they are offering 1/8 donuts.Excellent news for guys with vintage cars and old style rims.
__________________
WRC Due , Motonica P8C , Delta 2PG , Associated RC500 2wd , Cook Super J , Marker Machine
All 6 complete and running , not shelf queens.
1/8 oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #3219
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,358
Default

Which park is the Cincinnati rc car club located in??

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 10-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #3220
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
Which park is the Cincinnati rc car club located in??
None , it is at the east end of the Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
__________________
Empire Racing - Serpent - K.O. Propo Electronics - Tornado Fuel
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #3221
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default CONGRATULATULATION TO THE SNOWBALL WINNER!

Just got home from the Cincinnati Snowball Race, we had a fine time (some good, some not so good). Joe Tuttle TQed with his 3 port Motonica, as Jason Irwins WRC 5 port was 2 seconds behind him.

In the race (30 minutes), some bad happened early as Ned Schmaltz (DFX) watched helplessly as a marshal sat his car down on the track, in the wrong place. That place was middle of the straightway, in front of a high speed Joe Tuttle, taking them both out. A sad finish for two guys having a great weekend.

Jeff Whitting took off with his DFX and was looking good till the french fry started to act up, I think his clutch was locked up, still he battled on. Jason Irwin (WRC) took the lead and fought with my grandson Lon III (WRC). Don't know if it was for the lead, but III helped by II passed Jason in the pits once, while Noah Bellville (Motonica) stayed close by. It was a good race to watch. IIIs clutch let go and Jason was in control.

!st Jason Irwin 5 port WRC
2nd Noah Bellville 3 port Motonica Ex II
3rd Jeff Whitting clutchless French Fry (DFX)

WELL DONE BOYS!!

Thanks to Renee Young for letting me use her car and name.

Missed you Gary!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #3222
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default

I think we should call Jason "SNOW BALL"
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #3223
Tech Addict
 
gary47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE WI
Posts: 639
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Just got home from the Cincinnati Snowball Race, we had a fine time (some good, some not so good). Joe Tuttle TQed with his 3 port Motonica, as Jason Irwins WRC 5 port was 2 seconds behind him.

In the race (30 minutes), some bad happened early as Ned Schmaltz (DFX) watched helplessly as a marshal sat his car down on the track, in the wrong place. That place was middle of the straightway, in front of a high speed Joe Tuttle, taking them both out. A sad finish for two guys having a great weekend.

Jeff Whitting took off with his DFX and was looking good till the french fry started to act up, I think his clutch was locked up, still he battled on. Jason Irwin (WRC) took the lead and fought with my grandson Lon III (WRC). Don't know if it was for the lead, but III helped by II passed Jason in the pits once, while Noah Bellville (Motonica) stayed close by. It was a good race to watch. IIIs clutch let go and Jason was in control.

!st Jason Irwin 5 port WRC
2nd Noah Bellville 3 port Motonica Ex II
3rd Jeff Whitting clutchless French Fry (DFX)

WELL DONE BOYS!!

Thanks to Renee Young for letting me use her car and name.

Missed you Gary!
Ya sorry Renee but no car still in Ca Garen buying hobby shop, so no time send out yet plus still missing part from Nationals misfortune. Hope join pan cars next year also.
__________________
Gary Andersen/ GFA RACING/WRC/NOVA ROSSI
gary47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #3224
Tech Adept
 
1/8 oldschool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 182
Default

Once again as with the GLC , three different brands of chassises on the podium in this race.l think this shows whatever brand you own it's pretty much equal to what everyone else has. Excellent! And thank you for the race report!
__________________
WRC Due , Motonica P8C , Delta 2PG , Associated RC500 2wd , Cook Super J , Marker Machine
All 6 complete and running , not shelf queens.
1/8 oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #3225
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
Ya sorry Renee but no car still in Ca Garen buying hobby shop, so no time send out yet plus still missing part from Nationals misfortune. Hope join pan cars next year also.
Good that you're going to join us! The "Renee" thing was left in Cincinnati. Garen is getting a hobby shop? That's some cool news.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0