Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Cause I wont have the time. But I could if I had the time and the other parts to build a car. I.e a nitro engine and much up parts. But I have some chassis out there I would like to turn into a pan car. I.e a old 2wd serpent if anyone has one.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Well...

Originally Posted by racer034life
If some one had a PDF of specs of parts I can machine some parts out. I work for a large machine company and have the ability to use them. P.s I am a CNC machine and a lathe worker. So let's get these cars built and rolling.
Drawings are a prob. I can't draw. The original pieces we've made, we've whittled on as the year has gone, after the last race we're looking to standardize things a little more to make mass production a little easier...we've already done this with a few pieces.

Obviously, any and all help will be appreciated. We're making just a few more changes before the last club race, more lightening and trimming. Just out of curiosity, I weighed a SuperJ.....4.5 pounds. Weighed a P2....4.9 pounds. Our beast is just shy of six! Tom tells me when we get the quality aluminum that it'll drop some, and I know we can only drop so much due to some of the parts we're using, but we've dropped over 1.25 pounds since the beginning and I'm confident we'll get more. Made some "cosmetic" changes too, Jon's input there, which was much appreciated.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Cause I wont have the time. But I could if I had the time and the other parts to build a car. I.e a nitro engine and much up parts. But I have some chassis out there I would like to turn into a pan car. I.e a old 2wd serpent if anyone has one.
You definitely might want to have a look at our build. I think ours is the easiest to duplicate, the least complicated, you can get what you need off Ebay or something else, and while we intend to build for sale, I have no objection to someone duplicating our build for their own use.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

If I built my own I would use the frontend design from the motonica car or the wrc car. Then use a rear end setup from something. P.s I wanted to buy another car was cause I've never seen one up close. So if I can see a design and order two cars then I can make my own. Maybe see if I can make a conversion kit for the 2wd serpent car.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Awesome

Originally Posted by dvondrakcz
hello 2WD guys,

Our Czech vintage series goes to the big final round. At this moment we had gone three races. You can see some photos and vids (please modify links below) at my reports ( wrote only in Czech language)

autorcolomouc_cz/svitavske-veteranobrani-a-nejen-to
autorcolomouc_cz/fotogalerie/
autorcolomouc_cz/category/18-ic-onroad/

I picked some highlights in attached photos :-)
Great pics!! Love the vintage bodies on the cars. A few of us have tried to get interest in running our pan cars with Vintage type GT bodies and even got an order of bodies from Deltaplastik but the "go fast guys" complained that the cars wouldn't handle as well or be as fast! DUH! Go run 4WD Open! lol

Here a pic of my Classic Pan with a Lotus F1 Body... Of course no one else is interested!!

Thanks for sharing!
Ned
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_0222.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If some one had a PDF of specs of parts I can machine some parts out. I work for a large machine company and have the ability to use them. P.s I am a CNC machine and a lathe worker. So let's get these cars built and rolling.
can you make solid models from his drawings (you have a CAD dept)? that would go a long way.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

If I built my own I would use the frontend design from the motonica car or the wrc car. Then use a rear end setup from something. P.s I wanted to buy another car was cause I've never seen one up close. So if I can see a design and order two cars then I can make my own. Maybe see if I can make a conversion kit for the 2wd serpent car.
please PM me your email we are in the same trade and have similar ideas. i run a motonica good car just a bit bulky. i run a 5axis machine and there is no extra time at work. our sticking point for all this time is a diff set up i found a serpent ball diff at the border for my build. joe
Old 09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who imports the mantua model model to the us? Also does anyone know if serpent will be making a 1/8 pan car or will sprint RC be importing there car to the us?
Old 09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motonica Laps

Noah and I had a good time testing Rene Youngs P8C and a car put together from old parts. Old car with old 3 port ran very good and in a race it can hold its own, COOL! Rene's car has a Vox 5 port motor that we couldn't keep a restrictor in so we ran it wide open. Shit Yes it was fast!! (shades of Flash).

Look forward to seeing you all soon!!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!! (OK!, can I watch?)
Old 09-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Who imports the mantua model model to the us? Also does anyone know if serpent will be making a 1/8 pan car or will sprint RC be importing there car to the us?
.Dunno...don't know if anyone does...more choices would be cool...

http://www.mantuamodelshop.com/intre...o-p-19513.html
http://www.mantuamodelshop.com/intre...2-p-19115.html
http://www.mantuamodelshop.com/intre...o-p-19516.html my favorite...damn Euro prices...
Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Great pics!! Love the vintage bodies on the cars. A few of us have tried to get interest in running our pan cars with Vintage type GT bodies and even got an order of bodies from Deltaplastik but the "go fast guys" complained that the cars wouldn't handle as well or be as fast! DUH! Go run 4WD Open! lol

Here a pic of my Classic Pan with a Lotus F1 Body... Of course no one else is interested!!

Thanks for sharing!
Ned
Nice Lotus. Its a pitty, that you are alone. You can fly overseas to compete with us :-)
One of the reason why we start our vintage category is passion to old and realistic bodies and effort to made scratchbuild cars.
Of course with open wheel or touring car bodies you will be a slower, compare with LeMans type bodies. For example my McLaren M20 has a very good downforce. We often use a deltaplastic bodies Porsche 956, 962, McLaren M20 etc.

For this reason I plan for next year two categories as were driven in our country in the past.
RC V1 - Formel type bodies (I looking forward to RC scale competition between Tyrel, Lotus 72, McLaren, Surtess and others :-) )
RC V2 - LeMans, DTM, CanAM etc. type bodies
Who wants to be very very fast, must move to 4WD (In czech Rep only to Czech Nationals) with unrealistic Lola :-)

please apologize my CZEnglish, i hope, that you catch my drift :-)
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-newp5173497.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dscn9186.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-newp1140098.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-newdsc09632.jpg  
Old 09-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

The conversion is .75 cents to the american dollar. So kits are around 350 to 450 dollars. I would love to own one!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Nice Lotus. Its a pitty, that you are alone. You can fly overseas to compete with us :-)
One of the reason why we start our vintage category is passion to old and realistic bodies and effort to made scratchbuild cars.
Of course with open wheel or touring car bodies you will be a slower, compare with LeMans type bodies. For example my McLaren M20 has a very good downforce. We often use a deltaplastic bodies Porsche 956, 962, McLaren M20 etc.

For this reason I plan for next year two categories as were driven in our country in the past.
RC V1 - Formel type bodies (I looking forward to RC scale competition between Tyrel, Lotus 72, McLaren, Surtess and others :-) )
Who wants to be very very fast, must move to 4WD (In czech Rep only to Czech Nationals) with unrealistic Lola :-)

...GREAT pics...keep em coming...
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...GREAT pics...keep em coming...
i agree great cars, i wish we could agree on running those bods. at that exchange the mantra car is not too bad.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

You're definitely not alone when it comes to open wheel bodies. We may be running an open wheel body at the Dayton race...our design allows for that plus a seperate wing. I loved running superstock years ago and the bodies that went with it. And I disagree that an open wheel body is slower, I think it may be faster, but probably a bad idea for the cars with "floppy" front ends as there isn't enough body to absorb the impact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.