R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #3061
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Snowball Rally

As promised, I have attached the flyer for the 3rd annual Snowball Rally coming up on Oct 11(practice), Oct 12(3 qualifiers), and Oct 13(1 qualifier, mains). Very laid back race. Great way to wrap up the on-road season. We are trying to get the backing to feature the pan cars. I will let everyone know if it comes through. The weather the last 2 years of the rally has been pretty good. Hope to see everyones happy faces there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf snowball rally 2013.pdf (339.6 KB, 101 views)
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #3062
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Well...

I was reading an old Mad magazine, where they did spoofs of race drivers. One of them involved Valvoline...."nine out of 10 drivers use Valvoline!" In the caption below, it said, "out of the nine, seven use it in their engine, one uses it in his hair, and you wouldn't believe what the last one uses it for" while picturing a hand reaching for a quart of oil from a nightstand.

No, this has nothing to do with 2wd. Meh.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #3063
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...Joe...what is Speed 2?...I just cancelled my Directv last night.........No Speed channel...don't need dish....got Netflix and Hulu for the kids..........SCREW YOU FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's an online channel with all the other forms of racing.....saw a listing for side car racing
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #3064
Tech Regular

Default It broke!

Gene G. broke his new WRC at Sundays club race. However it was in the third round after running 10 & 11 laps in the first 2 rounds. He looked racier then he has in sometime and he was having some fun for sure. Not a bad break, just didn't have the parts to fix it. Kangaroo powered, 6mm restricter, built by David, and finished by the back wall! LOOK OUT GENE!! RESPECT THE WALL!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #3065
Tech Addict

Default Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Gene G. broke his new WRC at Sundays club race. However it was in the third round after running 10 & 11 laps in the first 2 rounds. He looked racier then he has in sometime and he was having some fun for sure. Not a bad break, just didn't have the parts to fix it. Kangaroo powered, 6mm restricter, built by David, and finished by the back wall! LOOK OUT GENE!! RESPECT THE WALL!!
We broke as well. Tom took a similar hit (like Gene) but of course our front end held, since it's mostly aluminum and little short of small explosives can knock it out.

However.....

Some idiot who shall remain nameless did not properly set the diff, allowing it to work loose internally and bind, bringing Toms day to an early end. I can state that Tom is not the idiot in question, and plead the fifth as to the identity of the idiot.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #3066
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
We broke as well. Tom took a similar hit (like Gene) but of course our front end held, since it's mostly aluminum and little short of small explosives can knock it out.

However.....

Some idiot who shall remain nameless did not properly set the diff, allowing it to work loose internally and bind, bringing Toms day to an early end. I can state that Tom is not the idiot in question, and plead the fifth as to the identity of the idiot.

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #3067
Tech Regular

Default Check it out!

Quote:

However.....

It must have been your other pan car that Tom showed me the bent front end on cause I didn't hear anything blow up! Tom did good also and it's only going to get better!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #3068
Tech Addict

Default Heh

Quote:
It must have been your other pan car that Tom showed me the bent front end on cause I didn't hear anything blow up! Tom did good also and it's only going to get better!
No, he bent it, but that's not what pulled it from competition. It was still driveable as regards the front end, and two minutes with a hammer fixes that prob anyhow. Aluminum, my boy, aluminum.

The pinion in the diff wasn't engaging the spur properly, allowing it to disengage. Tom just got done rebuilding it (and showing me where I went wrong at the same time) so it's good to go.

If Jon is willing, he's driving the beast at the last club race...maybe give Joe T. a little competition. I also noticed some other guy running a pan in between heats, looked VERY fast. Got a sneaking feeling that person may run pan at the last club race.

As for you, Lon, I still don't see a problem. I've got some Losi tire glue, we can glue your trigger finger to the transmitter so you can run with us. And you can soak the hand and transmitter overnight in acetone to get it back off, so no problem there either.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #3069
Tech Addict

Default Ah!

Quote:
FYI, the handling on Tom's GT was pretty good at the GLC after a donation in tires from Sir Rick. That said, his first time out with the pan, he shaved three seconds off his best lap time with the GT. I thought he was doing really well and agree it will only get better.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #3070
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

I am highly interested in this class! Anyone in the Ohio area running this class?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #3071
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
I am highly interested in this class! Anyone in the Ohio area running this class?
The Toledo club is the Mecca of this class in the entire U.S.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #3072
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool View Post
The Toledo club is the Mecca of this class in the entire U.S.
And there was a couple in the Cincy group also
Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #3073
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

Cool I just got back into the hobby and this year I'll be racing usgt, and 17.5 touring car. But I want to try nitro racing as I use to fly nitro rc helicopters. So when is there next race so I can go watch?
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #3074
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TSRCAR in Cincinnati has a reach each Sunday through early October. Schedule is at www.tsrcar.com Not sure of Toledo schedule but you can check the One Eighth Racers of Toledo site for their schedule. There will also be a Midwest Series race at the temporary track in Dayton on September 27/28.
Dennis
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #3075
Tech Master

Quote:

However.....

.how do you not set a gear diff properly???.........Or is the idiot going to take the 5TH again?......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote