R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #2881
Tech Elite
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,289
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
thats right it's all about participation
As I get older, I find that my finishing position is less important. As long as I'm having a good race with someone, then I'm happy.

I used to run my pan car with the 2WD and 4WD cars in club races. Despite the fact that I had the only pan car, I could always keep up with at least one other car!
__________________
Howard Cano
When race results are re-calculated using the IOF (Index Of Fun), I always win.
1993 ROAR 1/8 Pan National Champion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #2882
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
As I get older, I find that my finishing position is less important. As long as I'm having a good race with someone, then I'm happy.

I used to run my pan car with the 2WD and 4WD cars in club races. Despite the fact that I had the only pan car, I could always keep up with at least one other car!
I don't worry about where I finish...I've got my share of wins in the past, and even if I didn't, as I get older and my perspective improves, winning just doesn't matter as much.

However....lol....I don't want to be the guy 20 laps down getting in the way. Pan is a good equalizer and more like it used to be, partly about speed, but mostly about consistency and durability. And it's a lot of fun. Being able to build a car from scratch using parts we made ourselves and then go out on the track and be able to keep up is sweet. No way could I do that in 4wd. We've got a good bunch in pan, it's more about getting in some laps and having fun....again, if you've got a pan, come have some FUN. If there's anything you're lacking to make it happen, post here and see if one of us has it handy, we'll do what we can to help.
__________________
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #2883
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
As I get older, I find that my finishing position is less important. As long as I'm having a good race with someone, then I'm happy.
..the class is a blast.....bump and run and LAUGHS.....of course we all want to improve......the back and forth passes are what its all about...
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #2884
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
..the class is a blast.....bump and run and LAUGHS.....of course we all want to improve......the back and forth passes are what its all about...
my sunday started with something very close too harassment at the border. some questions i just don't understand on the way down i thought i just don't need this. i ended up having a great time don't know if i can kick the "pan crack" habit !!!!.
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #2885
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
my sunday started with something very close too harassment at the border. some questions i just don't understand on the way down i thought i just don't need this. i ended up having a great time don't know if i can kick the "pan crack" habit !!!!.
Don't think of it as "harassment." Think of it as an overfriendly Uncle Sam with no accountability and a penchant for buggery. And please consider the body cavity search complimentary. At least you're not crossing our southern border, in which case we'd take no notice of you whatsoever.
__________________
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #2886
Tech Addict
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hotel booked for the GLC! See you guys there...
__________________
Irwin RC 1/8th Pan Car Specialists - www.irwinrc.com
SPM Competition, WRC Racing, MIP, Novarossi
MrHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #2887
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey

For the GLC...if anyone is coming, plans to run vintage, and is lacking on spares, let me know. I've got Delta, MRP and SG...there's a few guys in here that are stocked on Associated as well. I don't want to see anyone miss out on a great race because of some piddling part that is no longer being made, and I'll loan whatever is needed to make it happen. But I do have to know ahead of time because I have boxes and boxes of crap and sometimes it takes a little while to find things.
__________________
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #2888
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default GLC

We do have a great bunch of racers here in Toledo, but the Pan group is loaded with "HIP and HAPPENING" types. Come join in the fun at the GLC!
So when Phil and I came together, my WRC car transfer some rare and hard to find parts to his car. He hasn't made it though a race since. Those WRC parts ate his drive train, he didn't have a chance! Don't bother to ask him about it, he'll never come clean on this one! By the way Phil, can I have my parts back now?
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #2889
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
We do have a great bunch of racers here in Toledo, but the Pan group is loaded with "HIP and HAPPENING" types. Come join in the fun at the GLC!
So when Phil and I came together, my WRC car transfer some rare and hard to find parts to his car. He hasn't made it though a race since. Those WRC parts ate his drive train, he didn't have a chance! Don't bother to ask him about it, he'll never come clean on this one! By the way Phil, can I have my parts back now?
Sez you. I'll get a new gear on, use more loctite, and borrow some more parts from you the hard way next time! So my car is heavier...so it's a lot cheaper...and faster...lol. What, I have to slow down so you can get your parts back??
__________________
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #2890
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Sez you. I'll get a new gear on, use more loctite, and borrow some more parts from you the hard way next time! So my car is heavier...so it's a lot cheaper...and faster...lol. What, I have to slow down so you can get your parts back??
Maybe the club can start a spur gear/loctite fund
so you can finish a 5 minute qualifier.... : )
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #2891
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Maybe the club can start a spur gear/loctite fund
so you can finish a 5 minute qualifier.... : )
I don't think you'll find Phils loose screw any where on his car.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #2892
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
I don't think you'll find Phils loose screw any where on his car.
..screws cant be loose if you don't own any..... ; )
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #2893
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Yeah yeah yeah.......

I think I'm doing ok with a prototype.....schmucks. May a camel spit on your collective shaven heads.

AND...I'm going to Fastenal tomorrow to get longer bolts. The ones in the kit are a tad shorter than I like, I figure I'll weld the wretched things in to the point where only small explosives would break 'em loose....then tear out what hair I have left in frustration when I need to change an engine. On the flip side, it's really the only prob I've had with the thing, and I figured having never built one before that I'd have a lot more probs than I am.
__________________
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #2894
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default NOW,now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
..screws cant be loose if you don't own any..... ; )
Lets be nice Matt, it's not Phils fault he's that way. Did you notice Phil, I stood up for you! What are buddies for, right?
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #2895
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Lets be nice Matt, it's not Phils fault he's that way. Did you notice Phil, I stood up for you! What are buddies for, right?
thats right and theres always velcro
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0