Default OOPS!

Originally Posted by 5italkart
Thursday / Friday?
Sorry, should have been May 16-19...
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default New Pan Car

Well we finally picked up a pan car for the upcoming season. It's supposed to be for my son but I might have to take it for a spin now and then. Looks like it will be fun.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dfx.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pan Car!

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Well we finally picked up a pan car for the upcoming season. It's supposed to be for my son but I might have to take it for a spin now and then. Looks like it will be fun.

Jeff
Looks like a DFX? I have a Vortex with a cool diffuser in the rear. Only problem is it is lower than the pan and rubs the track ;-(

Where did you get it?

Ned
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Looks like a DFX? I have a Vortex with a cool diffuser in the rear. Only problem is it is lower than the pan and rubs the track ;-(

Where did you get it?

Ned
This is the DFX Premium kit as it is called.

Got it from The-Border.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psc6881c92.jpg
Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default motonica body

Looking for a Motonica #16012 gran turismo body new or used.If have the #16014 body posts that would be great also.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Garen or others, do you think it would be plausible to run a motonica pan can in a club race series 1/8 4WD class? i am kind of curious about this because i am running touring car this year and am thinking about running a motonica pan car with the 1/8 guys just to have fun and not get too busy wrenching on a second car. Rather than sitting around waiting it would be nice to throw the motonica down and get some laps...
Old 04-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Garen or others, do you think it would be plausible to run a motonica pan can in a club race series 1/8 4WD class? i am kind of curious about this because i am running touring car this year and am thinking about running a motonica pan car with the 1/8 guys just to have fun and not get too busy wrenching on a second car. Rather than sitting around waiting it would be nice to throw the motonica down and get some laps...
MrHistory, There are dangers in running a pan car with 4wd. if you have good drivers running both types of cars, the pan might seem like a speed bump to the 4wd in the turns as that is where the 4wd truly has the upper hand by allot. The big buck motors and 2spds on our track (200ft. long) are good for about 7-10 MPH more speed. The pan should be lighter, abit quicker, and get better run time on a tank.
That being said and you know what you're up against, have fun. Don't try to run a hotter motor as it will only slow you down. Pans race pans best, but until people can see and appreciate the value of the Pan, they'll never get one. If you get one and I can be of any help just let me know.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Looking for a Motonica #16012 gran turismo body new or used.If have the #16014 body posts that would be great also.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...smo-Body-Clear
unfortunately on backorder...not sure who else carries Motonica cars/parts ...
Old 04-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for sharing your thoughts. i realize it would be a disaster racing it against top drivers but i love the idea of taking it to my club and beating guys in the c main, and hope the curiosity would bring people around to my bench to see the car...also i like the idea that you cant tell whats under the body and perhaps i can blend in but i guess i would have to try to find out
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for sharing your thoughts. i realize it would be a disaster racing it against top drivers but i love the idea of taking it to my club and beating guys in the c main, and hope the curiosity would bring people around to my bench to see the car...also i like the idea that you cant tell whats under the body and perhaps i can blend in but i guess i would have to try to find out
we have had great fun with these cars at our track. but sr. is right mixing them can get a bit scary ENJOY
Old 04-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

I am hoping to install body on my P8C and ask club officials at Floyd Bennett track if they would allow me to run with the 1/8 GT cars.Don't know if they will go for it or not but I'm willing to take the gamble.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default we did it that way.

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
I am hoping to install body on my P8C and ask club officials at Floyd Bennett track if they would allow me to run with the 1/8 GT cars.Don't know if they will go for it or not but I'm willing to take the gamble.
I got a body (new unpainted) and mounts. Running with the GT cars was a good start. A well prepared and driven GT and Pan can be fun. Just the pan is having the same fun for less money. You need to buddy up to the 4wd guys so you can get their rear wheels when they're done with em.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Do it

A well set up pan is stronger then most 4wd (I'm not saying run into them). I'd say at seasons end (if you keep points) a pan could score in the upper half of the class. Blending in? Good luck! All your buddies will be reporting that your 2 spd isn't Shifting.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I got a body (new unpainted) and mounts. Running with the GT cars was a good start. A well prepared and driven GT and Pan can be fun. Just the pan is having the same fun for less money. You need to buddy up to the 4wd guys so you can get their rear wheels when they're done with em.
Would you be willing to sell the body and mounts to me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.