R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #2041
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I just found a stash of the super hard 929 front tires, but on the old Serpent 'OS1' wheel. It looks like they fit the front axles of my Motonica, which means they will fit just about everything else these days, but they 'sit' a little wider. If anyone wants them, PM me, I got 5 pairs, $10/pair + shipping.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #2042
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

You guys missed a epic battle between the pan cars and the Gt cars the Gt cars came out ahead this time around but it was a closer battle than the G T guys were looking 4 round of applause to the killer bees
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #2043
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
You guys missed a epic battle between the pan cars and the Gt cars the Gt cars came out ahead this time around but it was a closer battle than the G T guys were looking 4 round of applause to the killer bees
could the pans finally be turning some heads??
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #2044
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default All righty then

Club race this weekend, Cincy next. If I have anything anyone needs, give me a yell so I remember to load it. I've already remembered to load my checkbook for Lon Sr., tho my engine issues may have been related to something else which is frankly too embarrassing to mention publically and further proof of my diminished mental capacity...

And got my fuel tank fixed. Brand new tank out of the bag (ok, 30 some odd year old but still in the bag) with a crack which caused it to fail, coupled with bad seal on the backup which my stupid self forgot to repair after a race, either way boils down to the pan being back up to 100% so maybe I can get a lap in with it now.

Got in some parts so I can begin my pan build right after the Snowball Rally...and when it's done I'll go nuts till I can actually put it on a track and try it out. General reminder...if there is anyone from the Toledo area needing a lift to and from the Winternats, I plan to attend, and I'll be dragging the box trailer so there's no lack of room for stuff. Chip in a buck for fuel and cover your own costs and it's all good. I'm going...I have to go...I haven't been to a Winternats since '84, I need to promote the Edam, I need testing time for the new pan, and most importantly, I hate the frigging cold and February is a great month for Florida.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #2045
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Phil... Bring all the Edam parts.... Season about over...
Time to build Killer B pan crusher,....
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #2046
Tech Addict
 
Farmer_John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Phil... Bring all the Edam parts.... Season about over...
Time to build Killer B pan crusher,....
This sounds SERIOUS!!
__________________
RCHOTPIT.COM...now alive...
Farmer_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #2047
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Phil... Bring all the Edam parts.... Season about over...
Time to build Killer B pan crusher,....
Already in the box and ready to go. Looks like I'll be solo, Tom's wife isn't feeling well so I'll punt on the fancy box trailer pit and just load up truck and drive.......
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #2048
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Ok, silly idea time

I rechecked the Roar rules and it doesn't allow it. That said, I'm contemplating building another prototype pan this winter, 2wd, but FRONT wheel drive. Our design would allow for it with simple changes. Question is, has anyone else ever considered doing it, did any factory ever punch one out? I'm thinking on a pan the weight transfer wouldn't be the pain it is in a suspension car, but I'm also wondering how bad the front tire wear would be with such a critter. If we build this, we'll probably go with front tire braking as well (maybe that'd minimize some potential rear traction issues due to less weight in the rear.) Just a thought........
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #2049
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
I rechecked the Roar rules and it doesn't allow it. That said, I'm contemplating building another prototype pan this winter, 2wd, but FRONT wheel drive. Our design would allow for it with simple changes. Question is, has anyone else ever considered doing it, did any factory ever punch one out? I'm thinking on a pan the weight transfer wouldn't be the pain it is in a suspension car, but I'm also wondering how bad the front tire wear would be with such a critter. If we build this, we'll probably go with front tire braking as well (maybe that'd minimize some potential rear traction issues due to less weight in the rear.) Just a thought........
...., did you fall off the rocker again and hit your head???....
I would never race a fwd car.... You have to run a Toyota
Body on it though ......would it have big up front and
Littles out back like those kooky fwd drag cars????
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #2050
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...., did you fall off the rocker again and hit your head???....
I would never race a fwd car.... You have to run a Toyota
Body on it though ......would it have big up front and
Littles out back like those kooky fwd drag cars????
No, same size tires as now, just a little harder compound up front. I think an old Lola body would clear everything too, but haven't mocked one up yet to see. We'll have a look at it this winter to see if it's feasible, it wouldn't take much to throw one together just to try the idea, but that's the only purpose it'd serve, since it can't be raced according to the rules. Roar, in their "foresight," say that front wheel drive has to be raced alongside the 4wd's, and what's the point......be a neat engineering test tho.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #2051
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
No, same size tires as now, just a little harder compound up front. I think an old Lola body would clear everything too, but haven't mocked one up yet to see. We'll have a look at it this winter to see if it's feasible, it wouldn't take much to throw one together just to try the idea, but that's the only purpose it'd serve, since it can't be raced according to the rules. Roar, in their "foresight," say that front wheel drive has to be raced alongside the 4wd's, and what's the point......be a neat engineering test tho.
...at least it would never be loose like my cars.........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #2052
Tech Addict
 
Farmer_John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I had an inkling that I was losing brakes last time I ran. Just figured it out. In a spot where a bronze bushing would have done a more than adequate job of keeping things tight, there's a 3x8x3 bearing that supports the bottom of the brake rod. The outer race is cracked....how the hell did that happen? Not only that, but the inner race has attached itse;f to the actuating rod.

so, I guess these things do wear out eventually!
__________________
RCHOTPIT.COM...now alive...
Farmer_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #2053
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

John, I have both in stock if you need them.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #2054
Tech Addict
 
Farmer_John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
John, I have both in stock if you need them.
Thanks Garen. I'm going to tear it down and put a parts order together over the next day or so.

This has been a fun car to run over the last few months. I expect it to continue to be. I just don't understand why there aren't more people running them.

If only I had a more impressive race resume....
__________________
RCHOTPIT.COM...now alive...
Farmer_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #2055
Tech Regular
 
flyingm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: flagstaff, az
Posts: 274
Default

I have not followed this thread, but I was wondering if there would be any interest in a rear wheel drive Delta 1/8th gas car from the mid 80s. I could dig it out for pictures if any body is interested. It would be a complete car as it last ran in the 80s. Started box included.

You can call 928-714-1799

Gary McAllister
flyingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0