R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #1876
Tech Master

Would it be possible to make a movie* of the pan race during the GLC? It would be interesting to see that.

*cameraman following the cars around the track, not fixed angle which shows mostly empty asphalt = boring
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #1877
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
I will start the bidding at $0.32
Just for the record, are we bidding in US, or Canadian currency?

I'll go .33 and throw in a used standard glowplug...
Old 08-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #1878
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
Just for the record, are we bidding in US, or Canadian currency?

I'll go .33 and throw in a used standard glowplug...
at least i got people talking, i think maybe the euro will be the best currency. the worst part is i needed them too keep finshing my car. found a new pair at canadian tire for 17$( like the andersons but no food). actually looked under the hood monday for my oil change no luck. good luck too all this weekend , what were the new club race dates?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #1879
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hm

Discovered last weekend that if a person sets the diff too tight on a SuperJ, it sort of breaks things. Oops.

By the way, I'm packing for the GLC, bringing some old stuff up, but if there's a specific item anyone needs and I have it, give me a yell and I'll bring it along....
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #1880
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Joe - hope you are as lucky as I was once upon a time - my calipers must have fallen while I was truing tires for the main at Route 106 in New Hampshire - didn't notice they were gone till the next week so just wrote them off as missing , found them about two weeks later laying on the lower valence panel in front of the radiator on my truck , they needed a good cleaning and a fresh battery but I still use them today.
seems once you have a user name it can't be changed
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #1881
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default PAn Cars at GLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
Would it be possible to make a movie* of the pan race during the GLC? It would be interesting to see that.

*cameraman following the cars around the track, not fixed angle which shows mostly empty asphalt = boring
Not sure if you saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/starting...e=results_main

Pan car qualifier was about the fourth video down!

Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #1882
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Mini Lathe

I have a Harbor Freight 7 x 10 Mini Lathe I would like to sell. Very handy machine. I have had it about 2yrs and it has enabled me to make and modify a number of parts for my Pan Cars! (Among other things!!!) I have replaced it with one with more torque so I can take bigger cuts, I hope...)

It's too heavy to ship but I will bring it to Toledo or Cinci (Snowball Rally). PM or e-mail if interested!

Thanks,
Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #1883
Tech Addict

Default Help

Where can I find online a guide for frigging shim/head gap based on percentage of nitro run?? At the GLC I noticed lots of oomph with less shim but plug failure, I need to figure out a way to make this thing work better and just don't have the knowledge anymore (if I ever did, who knows.)

I plan to do the next club race (hopefully we'll have a replacement motor for the compressor by then for the club) and the snowball rally.

I dragged three MRP's so someone (name redacted). Hm.

Since I got one last showing of the museum pieces in at the GLC, I'm now going to do what I should (and don't want to) which is start unloading things. We're designing and building a pan car in the off season, I'm supporting Edam 4wd for another year (Dave is coming along quite nicely) and there is entirely too much stuff in the garage, and WAY too much RC stuff collecting dust.....going to let the old go, concentrate on the new, and kick myself in the rear later when all I have are pics and fond yet fuzzy memories.

Entire cars I'm unloading on Ebay...the P4, the P2's, a Super Eagle, the Thorp, the MRP's, etc., but I have tons of bits and pieces, servo trays, fuel tanks, engines....if anyone needs anything drop a line, and if I have a bunch of them and you only need one of, you can have the thing gratis.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #1884
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Contact Romulus from goldenyearsrc.com he might be interested in some of your stuff

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #1885
Tech Addict

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Contact Romulus from goldenyearsrc.com he might be interested in some of your stuff
He's been angling for my stuff for about 2 years now. I told him I'd send pics later, he's mostly interested in the Thorp, but the main quandary I'm having is I don't have a clue what it is worth, only what I've been offered for it. One guy offered me 600 last year as is, before getting the primary drive/clutch assembly and other nifty stuff, and that 600 was a low ball in my estimation, but I've never seen one for sale and thus couldn't say. I'm also sending him pics of the 75 MRP, and I'll try to download some of those pics on here as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #1886
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=hitcharide1;11150102]Where can I find online a guide for frigging shim/head gap based on percentage of nitro run?? At the GLC I noticed lots of oomph with less shim but plug failure, I need to figure out a way to make this thing work better and just don't have the knowledge anymore (if I ever did, who knows.)

Phil - I can give you guidelines for Nova based motors , for others the guidline you'll need to follow is if it blows plugs add shims in .1mm increments til it quits blowing plugs
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #1887
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Rick Davis;11150521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Where can I find online a guide for frigging shim/head gap based on percentage of nitro run?? At the GLC I noticed lots of oomph with less shim but plug failure, I need to figure out a way to make this thing work better and just don't have the knowledge anymore (if I ever did, who knows.)

Phil - I can give you guidelines for Nova based motors , for others the guidline you'll need to follow is if it blows plugs add shims in .1mm increments til it quits blowing plugs
kinda like when i apprenticed, giver till the chips turn blue then slow down a bit !!.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #1888
Tech Addict

Default Hm

[QUOTE=Rick Davis;11150521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post

Works for me, fire when ready. I'm running 35 percent (until you tell me that's too much or something in which case I'll change.) The car handled like a dream, just didn't have the oomph needed to get the job done. Carb was tuned pretty well and my gearing seemed on the money, just no pop out of the motor with the current shim. Beyond that, I have eight plugs left, so give me an idea on shim and I'll try it and hope I figure it out by plug number seven!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #1889
Tech Addict

Default Pics

What looks to be a '75 MRP.
Attached Thumbnails
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-100_1517.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-100_1518.jpg  
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #1890
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

[QUOTE=hitcharide1;11151251]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post

Works for me, fire when ready. I'm running 35 percent (until you tell me that's too much or something in which case I'll change.) The car handled like a dream, just didn't have the oomph needed to get the job done. Carb was tuned pretty well and my gearing seemed on the money, just no pop out of the motor with the current shim. Beyond that, I have eight plugs left, so give me an idea on shim and I'll try it and hope I figure it out by plug number seven!
Which car are you trying to get more "oomph" out of?
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote