European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

You're on Page 116 of 280
Go to
  • Quote: Is the Farmer coming?
    One way or another. If the Pan shows by Friday, I'll install radio and run it.

If not, I'll toss the sedan on the track.

But I am hoping my new (to me) P8C shows in time.
  • A big thank you to Lon Sr. for all his help this weekend , during my Pan Car debut. All though I only got to make a couple pit stops in the Main, I had a great time racing this weekend. I improved every qualifier, getting more confidant with the car. But I found that my new found confidence had a down side, and that was some brushes with the WALL. I love this car!
    Even though I didn't finish the race I thought I did pretty good for my first
    time out with the car. And Ned I smiled all the way home. all 6 hours!!

• Lon Sr with his TQ trophy and P8C with the cheater body installed.

Lon III working hard but looking pretty relaxed. I don't recall when I started getting nervous while racing but I don't think I was ever relaxed enough to rest my radio on the railing.

Lon III's P8C with a legit body anyone can get.

Noah getting some stick time as the europeans call it.

Noah firing up his machine for battle again.
  • Quote: A big thank you to Lon Sr. for all his help this weekend , during my Pan Car debut. All though I only got to make a couple pit stops in the Main, I had a great time racing this weekend. I improved every qualifier, getting more confidant with the car. But I found that my new found confidence had a down side, and that was some brushes with the WALL. I love this car!
    I thought you did great for your first outting with the car. Once you get that kit shock oil out of there and get some 500wt oil it will be dialed.
  • Keep Smiling
    [QUOTE=. And Ned I smiled all the way home. all 6 hours!![/QUOTE]

Good for you Dave! Glad you had a good time!

I really don't think you can compare a 6 hour ride home with my 10 hours! (You should get someone to ride with you, it helps a lot!) But when you've raced RC cars for 42 years and are 63 years old, tell me all about it!

Oh yeah, I'll be long gone by then.....
  • The future of On-Road Nitro racing falls on our kids.

Not really pan car related but might be worth a look for some of you.
  • Quote: The future of On-Road Nitro racing falls on our kids.

...great link Lon........i cant wait till my little guy gets older....he's only about 3 1/2 and wants to hand push my RC10L all over the house...it won't be long.....
  • Quote: ...great link Lon........i cant wait till my little guy gets older....he's only about 3 1/2 and wants to hand push my RC10L all over the house...it won't be long.....
    have a small box of 6/32 and 8/32 flat head screws. if anybody wants'em i'll bring them on sun. free too good home.
  • Quote: A big thank you to Lon Sr. for all his help this weekend , during my Pan Car debut. All though I only got to make a couple pit stops in the Main, I had a great time racing this weekend. I improved every qualifier, getting more confidant with the car. But I found that my new found confidence had a down side, and that was some brushes with the WALL. I love this car!
    will we see you on sunday ?
  • Cheater body??
    Got my ANTI MONKEY BUTT body from Brent. As far as I know, no one else has asked him for one. So how do you know they can't get one?
  • Quote: The future of On-Road Nitro racing falls on our kids.

I might be pushing this to the limit here, but I think my boy said I was right about something. Well done Son! But don't forget, to me, you're one of the kids too!
  • Kangaroo
    We got some run time with one of these motors with a 5.4mm restrictor. It showed good speed and 8 minutes plus on a tank. It run well and did not run away from the 3-ports.
    There are those who think the new track well allow the pan car to fly, I know they'll run faster. Still they are a simple 2wd car, expect to have fun with em, I don't think you'll see a HP war in this class. the 3-port is going to always be a competitive motor and a deal as long as we can get them.
    LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
  • Hm
    Quote: We got some run time with one of these motors with a 5.4mm restrictor. It showed good speed and 8 minutes plus on a tank. It run well and did not run away from the 3-ports.
    There are those who think the new track well allow the pan car to fly, I know they'll run faster. Still they are a simple 2wd car, expect to have fun with em, I don't think you'll see a HP war in this class. the 3-port is going to always be a competitive motor and a deal as long as we can get them.
    LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
    What's all this about 3 port? I think my old Picco delivers alright, and I have a hard time imagining a different engine with more ports providing any more usable power....
  • Do you have a close up of that "cheater" body? What brand/type is it. I like the oldskool 1/8 CanAm bodies.
  • I think that Kangaroo is choking rather than jumping with a 5.4mm restrictor :-)