R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #1576
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Someday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
you better make an apperance, i've got got something in the works you would like
Is it Khloe?
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #1577
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Joe, I wouldn't say I retired. I quit! ;-)
C'mon Ned...do an Al Pacino. "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back!" My offer still stands to build a car for you if you want since your antiques are too nice to run...and I won't have them for this race but I'm picking up a bunch of cars soon and need some help identifying a couple of them.

Phil
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #1578
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
C'mon Ned...do an Al Pacino. "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back!" My offer still stands to build a car for you if you want since your antiques are too nice to run...and I won't have them for this race but I'm picking up a bunch of cars soon and need some help identifying a couple of them.

Phil
Thanks Phil! No, I just can't do the travel, too far, too expensive! I don"t have a problem with the cars, I have plenty to race! It's a combination of the time and cost along with not really enjoying the racing as much as I thought I would... The way the whole thing is run also bugs me, too many "racers" not enough hobbists-IMHO!!!
Have fun at Portage!
ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #1579
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
C'mon Ned you are over the federal limit of thread posts to be able to quit Heck I even promised Joe and Matt that I'd dig out my 300 if we get a new surface.
..oh great..another cherry picker in the pan class.......i change classes to MAYBE have a shot at a good finish...........then the ringers follow...just to kick my ass....
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #1580
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I buddy of mine has an older, new in box 'Nova Rossi .21 RED HEAD 4 port engine' he wants $100 + shipping for. I have photos I can email if anyone is interested. The head is square-ish looking and the round red decal on the box says C21 Car. As far as I know it has never been run and the crank/bearings spin free. PM or email me if interested and I'll put you in touch with him. From the looks of it, it should be a perfect fit for any of the vintaage pan cars or even the new ones.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #1581
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Is it Khloe?
no something useful
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #1582
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
..oh great..another cherry picker in the pan class.......i change classes to MAYBE have a shot at a good finish...........then the ringers follow...just to kick my ass....
just another day at the track, hey that engine garen has sounds like a good match for your vintage car
__________________
who cares what the kardashians are doing
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #1583
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hm

I'll contribute a hundred bucks to the "Ned travel and race fund." Say the word Ned, whatever I can do to help if it keeps ya running laps!
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #1584
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
..oh great..another cherry picker in the pan class.......i change classes to MAYBE have a shot at a good finish...........then the ringers follow...just to kick my ass....
Matt,
Don't think of them as "ringers". Think of them as competition! From what I saw you just need to get some bugs out of your stuff and you'll be right there!

If I can help with a part or something, let me know! I think you should investigate carbon or plastic clutch shoes so you could slip a bit and not wear out the bell! let me know!

ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #1585
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default thanks but, no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
I'll contribute a hundred bucks to the "Ned travel and race fund." Say the word Ned, whatever I can do to help if it keeps ya running laps!
Phil, It's not mainly the money, it's the enjoyment I get from running compared to the travel time and not being able to run regularlly so I could maybe improve. The money is a small part of it, and if I was enjoying it the money would not even enter into it!!! (Actually I enjoyed the "bench racing" more than most of the transmitter racing!!)

Deciding not to go to Portage was like lifting a load off my back! I've raced RC cars continually (except one year when I was sick) since 1971 and the actual racing fun doesn't stack up with my hopes and memories!!! Probably just a case where I'm remembering the "good old days" and forgetting about all the hassles back then. It's a personal problem. lol

I'm gonna try to run some SC Truck and oval here locally and some F1 over in GA. So I'll still be messin' around with RC cars. I might even show up at a race up North, if I get a mind to!!!

So please, enjoy yourself(s) and don't worry about me!!!

Thanks,
ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #1586
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Gotcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Phil, It's not mainly the money, it's the enjoyment I get from running compared to the travel time and not being able to run regularlly so I could maybe improve. The money is a small part of it, and if I was enjoying it the money would not even enter into it!!! (Actually I enjoyed the "bench racing" more than most of the transmitter racing!!)

Deciding not to go to Portage was like lifting a load off my back! I've raced RC cars continually (except one year when I was sick) since 1971 and the actual racing fun doesn't stack up with my hopes and memories!!! Probably just a case where I'm remembering the "good old days" and forgetting about all the hassles back then. It's a personal problem. lol

I'm gonna try to run some SC Truck and oval here locally and some F1 over in GA. So I'll still be messin' around with RC cars. I might even show up at a race up North, if I get a mind to!!!

So please, enjoy yourself(s) and don't worry about me!!!

Thanks,
ned
Health issues have kept me from driving as much as I'd like...such is life. I hear what you're saying...when I get the other stuff next week I'll send some pics and maybe you can figure out some of what I'm getting. At this point, I'm trying to gear up for the GLC. I was thinking of doing the nats in Florida but now I'm thinking about waiting till Feb and hitting the Winternats, you plan to do that one? Closer to your neck of the woods anyhow....
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #1587
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Matt,
Don't think of them as "ringers". Think of them as competition! From what I saw you just need to get some bugs out of your stuff and you'll be right there!

If I can help with a part or something, let me know! I think you should investigate carbon or plastic clutch shoes so you could slip a bit and not wear out the bell! let me know!

ned
......so you heard??............i exploded the bell good.......it killed the shoes/springs and the disc brake looked like an alligator was chewing on it..............theres nothing i cant destroy..............i got a 4 shoe Motonica clutch from Lon Sr.......should work out great...........and got new brake shoes lined for the 300 also.........i went back to the standard flexi-chassis and it seemed better than the t-bar chassis..........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #1588
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I've got eyes everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
......so you heard??............i exploded the bell good.......it killed the shoes/springs and the disc brake looked like an alligator was chewing on it..............theres nothing i cant destroy..............i got a 4 shoe Motonica clutch from Lon Sr.......should work out great...........and got new brake shoes lined for the 300 also.........i went back to the standard flexi-chassis and it seemed better than the t-bar chassis..........
Glad you have things under control! Did you just run the bell too long or did something break? How many teeth are you running on the pinion? I thought the Moto's were in the mid to high teens at best?!?!!
I have some sheet g-10 to make a chassis for my MRP, Maybe I should try it on the Asso too.....
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #1589
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Health issues have kept me from driving as much as I'd like...such is life. I hear what you're saying...when I get the other stuff next week I'll send some pics and maybe you can figure out some of what I'm getting. At this point, I'm trying to gear up for the GLC. I was thinking of doing the nats in Florida but now I'm thinking about waiting till Feb and hitting the Winternats, you plan to do that one? Closer to your neck of the woods anyhow....
Yeah, you mentioned some of your issues...wow. Glad to see you are as good as you are. I had cancer (prostate), all gone now, thank God! But I wasn't ill at all, just didn't run in any organized races that year. I was treated in Atlanta and took a lot of my stuff over there, stayed in a long term hotel, and painted bodies and actually went to the SurgarBowl on-road track and practiced a few times!!

I'd be interested in what you get you parts and stuff. I'll help all I can!

I'd rather go to the Nats than the WinterNats, myself. The track in Ft. Meyers is very unforgiving and kinda small. IMO. A couple of years ago, we practiced at the track that the Nats will be at and it is GREAT! Long, smooth and a reallly neat layout. I sold all my 4wd cars so all I have is Pan stuff, they don't have a Pan class at either the Nats or the WN, to my knowledge....

Unfortunately I'm almost exactly inbetween Toledo and South Florida, 600 to either track

Later,
ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #1590
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Glad you have things under control! Did you just run the bell too long or did something break? How many teeth are you running on the pinion? I thought the Moto's were in the mid to high teens at best?!?!!
I have some sheet g-10 to make a chassis for my MRP, Maybe I should try it on the Asso too.....
.i was running aluminum shoes........the bell was a really old 11 tooth ( even Davis couldn't identify it)........the bell wore thin and finally exploded...................i have a 12 tooth that im going to try.......hopefully the new clutch and bell with smooth out the bottom end....we'll see.........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0