R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #1546
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
............yea Ned, why are you cheating?.........you probably have some super-duper-secret tire dope on those tires tooooo.......dont u?...........wheres the rollbar on the Gulf car?...............im not pitting that sucka.........
where did you find those graphics? or since you are one of those retirees did you make'm yourself
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #1547
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Ned

Those are very cool! Wish I had your sticker box.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #1548
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
Super paint schemes! What body is that? It looks like the wheels of #48 are outside of the body at the back? or is it just the picture?
Thanks! I really like the old school look! One body is a Paris VDS and the other was also a VDS but I can't remember whose.
Good observation on the tires! THe chassis is a DFX VORTEX and I'm having issues with the rear width, old Serpent off-set are ok, but the "modern" wheels do stick out. I can adjust the width with the caster/camber shims but I think I got some incorrect parts with the kit. I put the white wheels on for the pic, since the other ones are yellow!!!

ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #1549
Tech Master

Default It is the DOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
............yea Ned, why are you cheating?.........you probably have some super-duper-secret tire dope on those tires tooooo.......dont u?...........wheres the rollbar on the Gulf car?...............im not pitting that sucka.........
Actually the dope is what made the tires too wide!! Rollbar? We didn't have rollbars!! The driver's head and the wing were all we needed! With my cheater engine and fuel tank, I can run 30 to 45 minutes, so refueling is not a problem!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #1550
Tech Master

Default Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Those are very cool! Wish I had your sticker box.
Lon, While you were shootin' the bull with the young cashier at the Hobby Stop West last month, I bought a bunch of sticker sheets, including the Red Roof Inns ones! At 30 or 40% off!
(besides they wouldn't do that much for an all black car....)

Joe, I did make the "Gulf" stickers. Took about an hour, but they are actually pretty crappy.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #1551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Thanks! I really like the old school look! One body is a Paris VDS and the other was also a VDS but I can't remember whose.
Good observation on the tires! THe chassis is a DFX VORTEX and I'm having issues with the rear width, old Serpent off-set are ok, but the "modern" wheels do stick out. I can adjust the width with the caster/camber shims but I think I got some incorrect parts with the kit. I put the white wheels on for the pic, since the other ones are yellow!!!

ned
I love the vintage styling. How do you plan on replacing the Paris body in case of a crash? Aren't the Paris VDS bodies extremely rare?
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #1552
Tech Master

Default Replace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
I love the vintage styling. How do you plan on replacing the Paris body in case of a crash? Aren't the Paris VDS bodies extremely rare?
Well first of all I don't plan on crashing! LOL I'll take more than one crash to make it unraceable, then I'll find something else!

I really don't like the new style bodies. They have no resemblence to any type of 1:1 scale car I've ever seen...

As a former member of the ROAR body approval committee, I can assure that none of the current bodys would have been approved "back in the day"!

I know "who gives a s#!^?!?!?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #1553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Well first of all I don't plan on crashing! LOL I'll take more than one crash to make it unraceable, then I'll find something else!

I really don't like the new style bodies. They have no resemblence to any type of 1:1 scale car I've ever seen...

As a former member of the ROAR body approval committee, I can assure that none of the current bodys would have been approved "back in the day"!

I know "who gives a s#!^?!?!?
Well good luck to you and may the effort reward you with some podium finishes to help ease the pain on the wallet..............
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #1554
Tech Master

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
Well good luck to you and may the effort reward you with some podium finishes to help ease the pain on the wallet..............
Thanks for the well wishes! No wallet pain, I traded even up for the two old bodies for new ones, P909's, so the cost is the same. Unless you know someone who wants old bodies and pays big $!!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #1555
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes! No wallet pain, I traded even up for the two old bodies for new ones, P909's, so the cost is the same. Unless you know someone who wants old bodies and pays big $!!
parma bodies arrived yesterday,like the old school look told coworkers i had 2 audi's deliverd.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #1556
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
parma bodies arrived yesterday,like the old school look told coworkers i had 2 audi's deliverd.
GT or Can Am bodies? I still need bodies for the Super j's...thanx.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #1557
Tech Master

Default OLd School

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
LOL "Old School" to you is 2002 Audi's! To me it would be 1970's CanAm 917-10's, 917-30KL's, McLaren M20's, Elfins, Prophets, Schkees....

Last edited by aarcobra; 05-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #1558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

GT bodies in stock tomorrow and shipping out to dealers. If anyone needs one urgently let me know.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #1559
Tech Master

Quote:
LOL "Old School" to you is 2002 Audi's! To me it would be 1970's CanAm 917-10's, 917-30KL's, McLaren M20's, Elfins, Prophets, Schkees....
...Rick Davis probably has a stack of Elfins at his house and wont sell me one............guess i have to break in and steal one..........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #1560
Tech Addict

Quote:
ok maybe not that old school but still more real than the current ones. if i could i would run the one's you mentioned, i'll just wait for matt too steal'em from rick