R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #1531
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default

Question for the general public....I have enough crap laying around here to put together another aluminum Super J, I'd just have to get another battery pack and body, small items. Would it be of any help to assemble it and bring it to races to allow newbies or anyone interested in taking a lap with it? I am not concerned about it getting broke in the slightest, aluminum pan, servo tray, bulkheads, front axle, steering blocks...the only nylon in the thing is in the tires and servo heads and I probably have 50 sets of rims or so (not like I've ever broken one of those either.) I don't figure anyone is going to let a spectator run a Mugen (just a tad expensive and quick) but if y'all think it'd maybe give someone the bug to get into the hobby, I'll build and bring it. Only thing about it is if a newbie did run it and liked it, I'd have to direct him to one of you guys driving Motonica to see how much it'd cost to get them in the hobby...if any of you guys could put something on paper that says where you get stuff and how much that we could hand out to any possible newbies, it'd sure help. By end of this year I'll have plans and info for building a 2wd from scratch with existing parts in the market pretty cheap, but for now, the only option for someone new to the hobby is Motonica.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #1532
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,358
Default

Sounds like a great plan to promote the class!!
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #1533
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Question for the general public....I have enough crap laying around here to put together another aluminum Super J, I'd just have to get another battery pack and body, small items. Would it be of any help to assemble it and bring it to races to allow newbies or anyone interested in taking a lap with it? I am not concerned about it getting broke in the slightest, aluminum pan, servo tray, bulkheads, front axle, steering blocks...the only nylon in the thing is in the tires and servo heads and I probably have 50 sets of rims or so (not like I've ever broken one of those either.) I don't figure anyone is going to let a spectator run a Mugen (just a tad expensive and quick) but if y'all think it'd maybe give someone the bug to get into the hobby, I'll build and bring it. Only thing about it is if a newbie did run it and liked it, I'd have to direct him to one of you guys driving Motonica to see how much it'd cost to get them in the hobby...if any of you guys could put something on paper that says where you get stuff and how much that we could hand out to any possible newbies, it'd sure help. By end of this year I'll have plans and info for building a 2wd from scratch with existing parts in the market pretty cheap, but for now, the only option for someone new to the hobby is Motonica.
sounds good, kinda like what lon sr. did too get us hooked with his "house" cars
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #1534
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
Default

2wdrive, Yes that is tape.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #1535
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Question for the general public....I have enough crap laying around here to put together another aluminum Super J, I'd just have to get another battery pack and body, small items. Would it be of any help to assemble it and bring it to races to allow newbies or anyone interested in taking a lap with it? I am not concerned about it getting broke in the slightest, aluminum pan, servo tray, bulkheads, front axle, steering blocks...the only nylon in the thing is in the tires and servo heads and I probably have 50 sets of rims or so (not like I've ever broken one of those either.) I don't figure anyone is going to let a spectator run a Mugen (just a tad expensive and quick) but if y'all think it'd maybe give someone the bug to get into the hobby, I'll build and bring it. Only thing about it is if a newbie did run it and liked it, I'd have to direct him to one of you guys driving Motonica to see how much it'd cost to get them in the hobby...if any of you guys could put something on paper that says where you get stuff and how much that we could hand out to any possible newbies, it'd sure help. By end of this year I'll have plans and info for building a 2wd from scratch with existing parts in the market pretty cheap, but for now, the only option for someone new to the hobby is Motonica.
...i also have thought of this....i have ( i think ) enough parts to put together maybe 2 more RC250's ( no diff.) to let prospective guts try out...and dont care if they get hammered....they could be like the neighborhood whores......everyone gets a turn.....
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #1536
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...i also have thought of this....i have ( i think ) enough parts to put together maybe 2 more RC250's ( no diff.) to let prospective guts try out...and dont care if they get hammered....they could be like the neighborhood whores......everyone gets a turn.....
or a disease
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #1537
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
or a disease
....are you old enough to remember when sex was safe and race cars were dangerous???...
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #1538
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,358
Default

Yup!! grew up in the 60's!!!
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #1539
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
Yup!! grew up in the 60's!!!
we thought we'd die before having it not from it. great spanish gp this morning
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #1540
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,358
Default

Those were the good old days!!
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #1541
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Loaner Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...i also have thought of this....i have ( i think ) enough parts to put together maybe 2 more RC250's ( no diff.) to let prospective guts try out...and dont care if they get hammered....they could be like the neighborhood whores......everyone gets a turn.....
Great ideas, but becareful that they handle well and don't scare potential racers away...especially the non-diff cars!! ;-)
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #1542
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Great ideas, but becareful that they handle well and don't scare potential racers away...especially the non-diff cars!! ;-)
.....non diff cars never handle well...........4wd scares people away...
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #1543
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Car Pics

Here are pictures of my two running pan cars, 48 is the DFX Vortex, Classic pan (like a Motonica) and 2 is my version of a Associated RC 300BDRD.
Attached Thumbnails
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-05-13_22-41-34_686.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-05-13_22-42-30_240.jpg  
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #1544
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Super paint schemes! What body is that? It looks like the wheels of #48 are outside of the body at the back? or is it just the picture?
__________________
www.rc-lemans.de

Last edited by 2wdrive; 05-14-2012 at 05:32 AM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #1545
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
Super paint schemes! What body is that? It looks like the wheels of #48 are outside of the body at the back? or is it just the picture?
............yea Ned, why are you cheating?.........you probably have some super-duper-secret tire dope on those tires tooooo.......dont u?...........wheres the rollbar on the Gulf car?...............im not pitting that sucka.........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0